HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

You want Players _ I invite you!! Plz read up

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted November 29 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 29 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 29 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I like how this solution totally circumvents the matchmaker, which the devs really wanted us to test for cb3. As such, while it's a good workaround, it only contributes to player attrition factors in the "matchmaking is broken I refuse to use it" sense.

Oh well. Guess player attrition data will be all they'll get from us testers this round of beta. It's a sad state of affairs, at any rate.

Clarification: I'm not trying to discourage the purpose of this thread. I'm just saying it reinforces the idea that matchmaker is too broken to test properly.  Maybe it is.
I think that data that show people are so fed up with the matchmaker that they actively try to circumvent it is valuable in of itself.
I heartily agree with this. Player attrition is a powerful tool in the hands of the people. It's like going on strike. Collectively, it's almost like "unoccupy hawken"... which is probably a good sign to the devs of reduced player interest in the overall game due to a single broken feature.

Edited by Conquistador, November 29 2012 - 01:57 PM.

Posted Image

#22 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostConquistador, on November 29 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on November 29 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

View PostConquistador, on November 29 2012 - 01:11 PM, said:

I like how this solution totally circumvents the matchmaker, which the devs really wanted us to test for cb3. As such, while it's a good workaround, it only contributes to player attrition factors in the "matchmaking is broken I refuse to use it" sense.

Oh well. Guess player attrition data will be all they'll get from us testers this round of beta. It's a sad state of affairs, at any rate.

Clarification: I'm not trying to discourage the purpose of this thread. I'm just saying it reinforces the idea that matchmaker is too broken to test properly.  Maybe it is.
I think that data that show people are so fed up with the matchmaker that they actively try to circumvent it is valuable in of itself.
I heartily agree with this. Player attrition is a powerful tool in the hands of the people. It's like going on strike. Collectively, it's almost like "unoccupy hawken"... which is probably a good sign to the devs of reduced player interest in the overall game due to a single broken feature.

Im not sure on your intent of posting other than showing you angry you are that im trying to have a good time and get players together to play tonight ....

If you wanna continue on this issue I ask kindly please make another thread to hate on what I am doing.. I just wanna have fun and play  not with 3 ppl not with 2 ppl but a full server. I am taking steps in that to get others who are also sick of being on empty rounds together so we can enjoy this and actually test a game.

You wanna talk testing_
lets make it clear.....  Try and read this before you just quote and paste..

No players playing means no testing
Broken matchmaking - Already known issue  - Why keep complaining rather keep testing.
So we get ppl together we go PLAY/Test and find other issues.

I have not been in 1 single FULL and entire round this CB. So before you keep going please realize this is a double edge blade in its problems ..

Anyone else that wants to play tonight please keep adding me up!
Posted Image

#23 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:29 PM

For clarification: I'm not angry with the game at all nor am I criticising you. I just thought this was an interesting final solution to the matchmaking question. By employing a human matchmaker, you've essentially circumvented the way they forced us to use the matchmaker feature. I think such dedication to the game, where you keep playing with your work around in spite of broken features, as something to be admired.

You're a dedicated bunch, I'll give you that.

Edited by Conquistador, November 29 2012 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#24 WarPig

WarPig

Mech Assimilations

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationOneida, NY

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:32 PM

OK yes that made more sense.. you started coming off a bit angry that I planned this event.

In all honesty I woke up this morning and had the idea.. just clicked from seeing all the posts and ppl complain I figured I will be the guy to help out and get some of us together.

hell some may learn something too from the vet pilots and etc.. I do hope you come join with us Conq the more the better !

I apologize for miss interpretation
Posted Image

#25 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted November 29 2012 - 02:43 PM

View PostWarPig, on November 29 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

OK yes that made more sense.. you started coming off a bit angry that I planned this event.

In all honesty I woke up this morning and had the idea.. just clicked from seeing all the posts and ppl complain I figured I will be the guy to help out and get some of us together.

hell some may learn something too from the vet pilots and etc.. I do hope you come join with us Conq the more the better !

I apologize for miss interpretation

No worries. No harm was done. I do realise I may have hopped on bit of a segue there with my observations, but they seemed relevant at the time in context of the matchmaker. I know you're trying to keep us testers testing, so that in itself is laudable. I myself was keen on testing weapon balance and map design for specific game modes this round and found myself roadblocked by the matchmaker. So I totally understand what you're trying to achieve here. Keep up the good work.

I may swing by later this evening... that is if I'm not too busy playing halo 4. Just got my copy this week. Apparently they have just as many problems with matchmaking as does HAWKEN. Goes to show you just how hard it is to program a smart matchmaker, I suppose.

Edited by Conquistador, November 29 2012 - 04:03 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted November 29 2012 - 06:24 PM

Great success, would play again.

In case anyone wants to check out the footage from the matches:
http://www.twitch.tv...ead/b/344025582

Edited by Skylead, November 29 2012 - 11:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users