HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Prototype Mech C Class Exclusive_!

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:03 AM

If Patrick is a prototype I'm going to fuzzy bunny myself (with glee)

ghahahaa, the ambiguity

Edited by PlagueDoctor, December 01 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image
Beeware the Bee-class, Buzzin' and Bashin'
(Fear the Swarm)

#42 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 01 2012 - 11:42 AM

All of you hating on Cupcake can go die.
In a fire.
While being mauled by bears.
Bears on fire.
FIRE BEARS.
Then you can go jump in a lake to put yourself out.
A lake filled with sharks.
Mutant sharks.
Mutant sharks that are actually aquatic FIRE BEARS.
They will maul you in the black depths of what is soon to be your watery grave.

tl;dr
Cupcake > All

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#43 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 01 2012 - 12:07 PM

Btw did someone mention bears_

#44 wat

wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 12:08 PM

I like cupcake, I just want to reach out and grab its big face handle and pull it close for a hug.

I will pay $$$$$ for Hawken Plushies, fyi Adhesive.  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

C Class mechs are the cutest, no doubt

#45 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted December 01 2012 - 12:44 PM

Well....

I'm quite disappointed.

With all the extra art assets they should have for mechs, All we're getting is that_
Not to be an ass, but the promotional page has a rather interesting looking mech i was hoping for.

I'm also expecting one set for each class of mech.

Edited by Dackstrus, December 01 2012 - 02:37 PM.

One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#46 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostDackstrus, on December 01 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Well....

I'm quite disappointed.

With all the extra art assets they should have for mechs, All we're getting is that_
Not to be an ass, but the promotional page has a rather interesting looking mech i was hoping for.

I'm also expecting one set for each class of mech.
Keep your fingers crossed...I'm hoping the same thing.
Posted Image

#47 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted December 01 2012 - 03:37 PM

Seems to be rather dissapointing tp only include c-class , would be better to choose between all classes atleast one mech per class.
I dont like the special decals at all.dont really look that special to me.

Also how about a decal for all CBE/Alpha players_
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#48 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 01 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostD3thpool, on December 01 2012 - 03:37 PM, said:

Seems to be rather dissapointing tp only include c-class , would be better to choose between all classes atleast one mech per class.
I dont like the special decals at all.dont really look that special to me.  Also how about a decal for all CBE/Alpha players_
  • Agreed, the initial showing of a prototype mech (still unclear if this is it or there will be others to pick from) is somewhat underwhelming.  Fred is much more a prototype than cupcake IMO. (http://community.pla..._20#entry108450)
  • The camo isn't really something that I would think would do any good to help hide a mech (it's somewhat visually 'loud'), but then again, I also ran around with the bubblegum skin on mine, so what would I know about proper camouflage. :)
  • Hugs, in the original post about the vanguard initiative, has stated that the decals in this are separate from the alpha and dev hunt events.  (http://community.pla...ive/#entry94737)

Edited by bacon_avenger, December 01 2012 - 04:06 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#49 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm in with the "wish it wasn't C class" crowd. The only heavy I've used so far was the Rocketeer from the test drive, and the manuverability just wasn't my style.

I almost wish they said, "if you buy one of these packages, you can choose a mech of your choice." While it's nice that they're adding the proto mech as a bonus to the package, given that it's advertised as part of the pack, and that I bought into the pack knowing I'd get that special mech, I feel a little miffed that it's something I likely won't even use.

The mech art on the package page looks interesting... what is that from_

#50 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 06:18 PM

Cupcake was the only mech chassis who's name was voted on.

He's more than appropriate.

#51 Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 08:08 PM

Its alright. I'm begining to feel indifferent about Hawken. So far the game has only become slower and the recent trend in games is to travel in mech packs. If Hawken becomes some sort of squad game I will lose all interest. Its alright though since one voice amongst a million won't matter. They already got $60 from me.

#52 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 02 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hate to tell you it's a team game, working together is always going to be more beneficial than working solo.

As for the prototype, I'm happy I will have my cupcake back. I do love the chassis, was hoping it would be one of the models from the early trailer videos tho, like the silhouette on the vanguard page:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Subdivision, December 02 2012 - 03:51 AM.

Posted Image

#53 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:15 AM

Oh wow, that would have been awesome to have..! That alien-looking mech would have been too sweet.

#54 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 06:54 AM

Bring back this skin for the B-class
Posted Image

And also come up with something snazzy for the A-class pilots so that the other class of pilots aren't left out. Everyone that spent $60 bucks that does not pilot C-class Mechs is left out. Maybe this is a push to try to promote people to pilot C-class Mechs, but from what I can tell most people aren't happy.
Posted Image

#55 EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationNSW, Australia

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:04 AM

Um, QuanZen.... correct me if i'm wrong but that looks like a screenshot from the alpha therefore is still under NDA and shouldn't be posted.

But.... that chassis nonetheless is in the background of a few menu screens in the current build and I would bet that it will be released in due time.
Posted Image

#56 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostEMEUTIER, on December 02 2012 - 07:04 AM, said:

Um, QuanZen.... correct me if i'm wrong but that looks like a screenshot from the alpha therefore is still under NDA and shouldn't be posted.

But.... that chassis nonetheless is in the background of a few menu screens in the current build and I would bet that it will be released in due time.
It's ok it is actually a screenshot that they released. Thanks for trying to look out for me though. I actually used to use it as my sig.
Posted Image

#57 Holem

Holem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:52 PM

I was a bit disappointed in this. As a person that drops money to "promote" support a company easily. I'm now weary of money hungry F2P games since all the support in the world won't stop companies shutting down games that aren't popular. I overlooked the 7 day "bonus" since many other "packages" from Planetside 2 (6 months), MWO 3 months, etc. While the 7 day bonuses will only be bought for vacations or people that don't have work. I usually justify if a game is worth it if the premium time = ~$15 a month for a regular MMO.

I guess I'll just buy the second best package for support since it is the first one that allows me to start the bonus when I can play 3 full days. All companies claim to not have P2W but I consider any game that allows you to "buy" most upgrades and doesn't make you have to earn (ie invest time to unlock something,) is P2W.

2cents

#58 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 01:58 PM

If you can avoid paying for something by playing the game, its not pay to win. Internals don't even really give you an advantage.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#59 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 03 2012 - 02:01 PM

View PostHolem, on December 03 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I was a bit disappointed in this. As a person that drops money to "promote" support a company easily. I'm now weary of money hungry F2P games since all the support in the world won't stop companies shutting down games that aren't popular. I overlooked the 7 day "bonus" since many other "packages" from Planetside 2 (6 months), MWO 3 months, etc. While the 7 day bonuses will only be bought for vacations or people that don't have work. I usually justify if a game is worth it if the premium time = ~$15 a month for a regular MMO.

I guess I'll just buy the second best package for support since it is the first one that allows me to start the bonus when I can play 3 full days. All companies claim to not have P2W but I consider any game that allows you to "buy" most upgrades and doesn't make you have to earn (ie invest time to unlock something,) is P2W.

2cents
Planetside 2 does something similar. Certs earn guns, Station Cash buys them. Only thing that pure money can buy (in both games) is cosmetics.

Are they also Pay to Win_
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#60 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted December 03 2012 - 10:35 PM

I too am among those wishing for something for my B-class and A-class mechs.
Cupcake is great and all, but I don't play C class that much, let alone a mech that uses the rev-gl.
Chicks dig giant robots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users