HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Gameplay - E3 2011

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 05:16 PM

Hey all you Hawken fans, G4's got the goods they promised! :D  You can find the all-new gameplay video of Hawken here. The demo shown features a brand new level and environment previously hinted by the Adhesive Games team. Be sure to check it out and let us know what you think!

#2 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted June 09 2011 - 05:57 PM

Thanking you muchly M8!  :D

EDIT:  
Very very nice Adhesive!  Good to see one of the actual devs in person giving us the walk through!  :)
I liked the comment that it isn't just a DM game with a "Mech skin over the top".  

The seige gameplay sublevels of resource collection is a nice adition that'll add a needed depth to the gameplay seperating it from the usual DM and TDM gametypes!
That level design and asset usage in the vid was quite smart and fits perfectly scale wise with the mechs.  I like the idea of manouvering around these 'cool looking' large chunks of tech admist the sand storm.
Good use of similar assets that tie it in with the other map's industrial city scape but it hasn't made it feel like a clone to the other map.  The map, overall, looks excellent and very atmospheric!  
Your level designers, I feel, know when to go crazy and when to hold back creating a perfect balance!

Props to the hud.  It looks right and doesn't un-necessarily clutter the screen!
Good ta see a glimpse of the weapon loadout screen. :!:

Animations for the resource loading bays were quite nice as well!  I really dig techy stuff like that!  :D

My only complaint is the G4's quality of the vid.  It'd be nice to see some higher rez 'direct feed' of the gameplay for this map!  Hopefully some tasty 1080p version will come out sometime soon! hint hint  ;)

I'd love to make a space themed map for this game that's based amongst large chunks of a destroyed cruiser that's floating around in high orbit!  Who knows...maybe the devs have something like this already in mind...if not hint hint hint  :D

If you ever decide to do beta testing at some point...sign me up!  :mrgreen:
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#3 wyver1

wyver1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 05:59 PM

Lord_Porksword said:

Thanking you muchly M8!  :D
us South Assies are greatful

can't wait to play this on PC! next year!

my body is ready

#4 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 06:01 PM

Great video! That was definitely the best interview yet.  Kudos to g4 for not asking the same old questions (except release date of course) and keeping the discussion entertaining.  The new footage looks awesome!  Man I want to play this game so badly.  Every new video is such a tease, haha.

#5 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 09 2011 - 07:17 PM

All I can say is WOW! That level looks amazing, the animations, the mechs, the weap- *Passes out due to blood rushing to head*
(/^▽^)/

#6 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 08:39 PM

looks awesome!  Siege gametype looks like it'll be fun!  Movement looks great, weapons look awesome, graphics are sweet...  Sadly I won't be around next year to play it as much as I'd like :(

#7 3leggedFreak

3leggedFreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted June 09 2011 - 11:21 PM

Oh my God. Must get myself together before I comment on this. Ty lava for keeping us up to date, and great performance Khang. Want to play siege! Now!

#8 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 11:42 PM

Hey guys!  Hope you liked the G4 clip, it's a shame the video quality is so poor but maybe we can find a better version somewhere.  

It's been a crazy week for the team and we haven't had any time to check out the forums or provide any new info.  Next week I'd like to throw together a post with some details of our progress and maybe answer some questions about the things you noticed in the demo.  

We'll also get some pics up of the Hawken t-shirt we made, with price/order info.

Thanks guys!

#9 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted June 09 2011 - 11:58 PM

Looks freakin' sweet. The new game mode sounds awesome.

Only thing I'm kinda bummed about is just how fast you can regenerate all your health in the shutdown mode.

#10 [HWK]Deuy

[HWK]Deuy

Chief Nomadic Trapeze Artist

• Adhesive Games
  • 350 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 12:10 AM

Jack Dandy said:

Only think I'm kinda bummed about is just how fast you can regenerate all your health in the shutdown mode.

That's the light mech (lowest health) with all upgrades in defense if I'm not mistaken, which among other things increases your repair speed.

#11 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted June 10 2011 - 12:22 AM

Ah, I see!

In any case, looking forward to that post in the next week. keep on truckin'!

#12 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 01:54 AM

loved it.

About Defense... and loved the D so far.

Well, lets look at some of ones that worked so far in MA and in MA2 which was arcadie but not overly so.

I'm just saying these might be mech specific or chosen optionally D Weapons not just regular D - after all everyone loves options.

What we know so far in past games...

You got to include the classic  Null Sig -  the full complete invincibility - not the predator wavy BS.  good for light mechs

Full armor - not just for lasers or Ballistic gun armor that we saw in MA2 but full armor - This good for heavy mechs when assaulting

Radar Jamming - nothing can lock on (except dumb fired weapons)  this is good for a small dodge from cover to cover -for medium mechs - all mechs.

NEW

Heal - you got a bot that works while pressing a button that heals a mech even both are on the move but the healer mech cannot defend himself while doing so however the mech being healed can still attack.

I came up with this one myself, just throwing it out there, it can make for some interesting rushes.  It just needs to balanced out, say if  several mechs spammed healed, should be some sort of limit.

Time, Protection and energy all have to be worked out of course.

The team plays sounds great and truly cant wait

I hope they include LMS and TLMS but with option to chose the number of rounds like best out of 1,3,5,7 so don't have sit in the lobby waiting for these short games. - could for clan matches and those who real skill to survive

TEAM 'Ginder' / 'zombie hoard' sounds sweet

have us come up with the story we can fret out all details I think that would cool and fresh
I'll start a thread -  I doubt their writers,  a community story lets give it a whirl
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#13 RedskullSS

RedskullSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 06:23 AM

Really impressive stuff  :D
Does anyone have a Youtube link _

#14 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted June 10 2011 - 07:29 AM

Siege mode looks good, I will be playing it. I don't care about deathmatch and team deathmatch at all because shooting ppl for sake of getting more kills over and over again is just not fun enough anymore.

That siege mode reminds me a bit of Titan mode from Battlefield 2142, a bit only, this vid explains everything about it(just as interesting side note  :) );

Maybe for more variety in siege mode add few capturable anti-air turrets placed here and there on the map that would open fire on the battleship_ just a thought.
Other idea how about smth more than battleship that we can summon with resources_ like a cheaper big land vehicle_ or few weaker tanks or flying attack vehicles_ for more variety  :) .

Still to tell the truth I would really love to see some persistent online campaign mode, where victory and defeat both have a meaning. It is just getting quite boring to play multiplayer games where you just repeat everything over and over again on same maps without any consequences, even without unlockables that can be used in game later on.

Need something more or less like that game mode from Chromehounds, it was called Neroimus War_ never managed to play that game myself sadly. PlanetSide had that, I mean real persistent kinda "global" territory control and Dust 514 will also have smth like that I think but of course I do realize I can't expect real persistent faction territory control here(I can't right_  :( ).

In other words--> basicly imagine big map of the world/continent with frontline between territories controlled by each of 2 factions, that world map is covered with points like here;
http://www.gmtgames.... ... 100dpi.jpg
Those points can be attacked/defended/captured, those points are actual in game maps where ppl play, point gets captured by faction that will win a match on the map belonging to that certain point. Points are connected so factions can't attack just any point on the world map, only those connected to points under their control.

#15 JerreyRough1

JerreyRough1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLaser Town

Posted June 10 2011 - 08:32 AM

Absolutely superb! I can't wait to try this in person!

Posted that video (and a link to this thread) on the PC Gamer forums in the hopes that they'll put it in their news.

#16 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 10 2011 - 08:38 AM

Ho Ho Ho!.. Outstanding!! :D

Congrats again, the game is looking more and more impressive and interesting each time you guys deliver new video material!! ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#17 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 08:47 AM

ChrisLalli said:

Jack Dandy said:

Only think I'm kinda bummed about is just how fast you can regenerate all your health in the shutdown mode.

That's the light mech (lowest health) with all upgrades in defense if I'm not mistaken, which among other things increases your repair speed.

perhaps that'll be in the post you write up, the different places you can allocate points etc... I could be wrong, but I think currently the only place that describes it is in one of the video interviews, cant remember which.

#18 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 10 2011 - 11:50 AM

Looks like Raptor got rammed in minute 06:32. Isn't it_. Probably he was already dead but that was pretty cool, IMO! :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#19 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 03:14 PM

Over the years I have come to realize that pretty much all games don't live up to their hype.
But Hawken keeps slapping that assumption in the face!

That gameplay footage is phenomenal. I expected you guys to re-reveal the dark city map but boy was I wrong. I also feared the battleship and resource gathering gameplay was going to end up being a topical aspect of the game. Blam! Wrong again.

Keep it up Adhesive!

#20 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 03:44 PM

Looking good guys  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users