HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Your mech choice. Light, Medium or Heavy_

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Light, Medium or Heavy_ (781 member(s) have cast votes)

Light, Medium or Heavy_

1. Light (259 votes [36.22%])

Percentage of vote: 36.22%

2. Medium (281 votes [39.30%])

Percentage of vote: 39.30%

3. Heavy (175 votes [24.48%])

Percentage of vote: 24.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted June 10 2011 - 12:49 PM

So I know Medium wasn't revealed yet, but you can choose it as a way of saying you don't like neither the light or heavy mech.

I am currently split, I choose light but I am not so sure. I like the chicken legs but at first glance I didn't like the torso, and with the heavy mech I kinda like the torso but don't like the human feet. But after a while I started liking both, I like the torso of the light mech and the legs of the heavy mech.

I would like the medium mech to have chicken legs, and possible a cooler torso, but as for now I really like the light mech.
★★★★★

#2 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 12:57 PM

It's the heavy that hasn't been shown yet.  

Are you asking which we prefer in appearance or what you think we'll play as_  I loved what Chris said last night about the light mech in the g4 video.  Fast with all your points in defense_  That sounds like a lot of fun.

#3 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 10 2011 - 02:29 PM

The one who voted first for medium was me. Just to let you all know about that. Heheh.. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#4 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted June 10 2011 - 02:46 PM

Silencer You are perverted heh  :P

Anyway as far as I know this is sadly a medium mech :_ ;
http://geek.pikimal....awken_thumb.jpg
Hope we will see more mechs for each weight class to choose from, I usually play with medium mechs but I really don't like medium mech here. It needs wider and thicker hips and legs or simply smaller torso.
About light mech I don't have any opinion, it looks rather normal but I didnt get a chance to take a good look at it  :( .

#5 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted June 10 2011 - 02:58 PM

Heheh ;)

Will be interesting to see how teams pick up their choices before the action down there. Three different mech classes are going to open lots of tactics as well as strategies. Very excited! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#6 LazyFailKid

LazyFailKid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDelta, BC

Posted June 10 2011 - 03:01 PM

Kell Aset said:

Hope we will see more mechs for each weight class to choose from, I usually play with medium mechs but I really don't like medium mech here. It needs wider and thicker hips and legs or simply smaller torso.
About light mech I don't have any opinion, it looks rather normal but I didnt get a chance to take a good look at it  :( .

My god that thing is fat lol
anyway my vote goes to light ^_^

The_Silencer said:

Heheh ;)

Will be interesting to see how teams pick up their choices before the action down there. Three different mech classes are going to open lots of tactics as well as strategies. Very excited! :D

It'll be hard to coordinate things with such fast paced action but who knows lol

#7 Dem

Dem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted June 10 2011 - 04:31 PM

Gotta go with the heavy.  I love soaking up damage and dealing a lot of it out :D

#8 JackDandy

JackDandy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHaifa, Israel

Posted June 11 2011 - 03:39 AM

I have a feeling I'll go for the fast one. Always did.

#9 NoamFer

NoamFer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationJerusalem, Israel.

Posted June 11 2011 - 06:10 AM

hitmonInfinity said:

It's the heavy that hasn't been shown yet.  

Are you asking which we prefer in appearance or what you think we'll play as_  I loved what Chris said last night about the light mech in the g4 video.  Fast with all your points in defense_  That sounds like a lot of fun.

Kell Aset said:

I'm pretty sure the picture you showed is the heavy mech, and from all the interviews I've heard and read the medium one wasn't revealed. But I don't know, I might have been wrong all the time. We will see though.
★★★★★

#10 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted June 11 2011 - 07:16 AM

i don't dislike either mech, in fact i love the look of the lights.  but i am eager to play as heavy as i love to soak damage
Mech time all the time

#11 Barcode1

Barcode1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 09:40 AM

I've never cared much for "middle-men" vehicles. The Medium is absolutely awesome-looking though (I have no idea why you guys DON'T like that wide torso, but like the Light's egg-torso), so we'll see. I'll probably make my decision based on how they all play. (I dislike how the Light looks but it looks cool with the dual sniper rifles, so who knows.)
In-game username-to-be: cupcakesRevenge

#12 HitmonInfinity

HitmonInfinity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 02:02 PM

NoamFer said:

I'm pretty sure the picture you showed is the heavy mech, and from all the interviews I've heard and read the medium one wasn't revealed. But I don't know, I might have been wrong all the time. We will see though.

I'm pretty sure I've heard Khang say it in person, but this is what I got with a google search:

"There will be three builds to chose from: light, medium and “mech”, the latter wasn’t shown as it is still being developed. The light body type will be a fast moving mech which can jump and dash around quickly and using little fuel, however it will be the weakest Mech of the bunch and can be destroyed easily if found standing still. The “mech” built wasn’t shown in action, but it will be a slow but heavily armoured Mech, most useful when defending a position, but also a valuable offensive character. The medium build will be a balance between the other two classes, balancing speed and power."

http://fronttowardsg... ... wken-info/

#13 WarInHeaven

WarInHeaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 02:19 PM

bit early to tell,
but since my roll in most games is either Tank or The-Guy-With-The-Big-Ass-Gun ... it's a fairly safe to asume i'm going to roll as a heavy

#14 xXxTALONxXx

xXxTALONxXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 04:38 PM

Assault class

lol
Posted Image

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across

#15 KellAset

KellAset

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted June 13 2011 - 04:34 PM

Medium reminds me sooo much that robocop addict Cain from Robocop 2  :_ ,

Posted Image

http://4.bp.blogspot... ... rcraft.jpg

#16 PilotOmegaK

PilotOmegaK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted June 13 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hmm, light or medium.

I can't decide between those two without seeing them both in action and I generally dislike heavy mechs in games as you need proper support to make them work since having high armor is pointless if the enemy team decides to all aim for the "slow" one.

That being said, perhaps I'm wrong and the heavy mechs are kick ass in this game.

For now, I'll hold judgement until new gameplay videos come out showing the different types of mechs.

#17 Porcupine

Porcupine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 14 2011 - 05:23 AM

Light!

#18 Man_Eating_Boar

Man_Eating_Boar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted June 14 2011 - 04:02 PM

Light or Heavy all the way for me.

#19 LordPorkSword

LordPorkSword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSouth Auzzie

Posted June 14 2011 - 04:11 PM

I voted for medium...although I'm interested in the heavy class as well!

I picked Medium for the expected balance of speed and armour.  Points can then be distributed to increase speed, with the benefit of better armour than a light, or extra defence so it tips towards the heavy end but with more speed!
"The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your actions!"
Unreal Old Friends

#20 V3RTIGO

V3RTIGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted September 26 2011 - 12:45 PM

Kell Aset said:

Medium reminds me sooo much that robocop addict Cain from Robocop 2  :_ ,

Posted Image

http://4.bp.blogspot... ... rcraft.jpg

Actually it kinda does, minus the head, and I actually really liked the design of Robo-Cain, but I suppose I should hold my judgment until they release more info on the Heavy

Posted Image

"Humans are not rational, but rationalizing."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users