HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New forums look plus errors in the new forums.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:27 PM

The new look is a bit different. Not use to it yet but I liked the old look and i'm sure i'll like the new look, it's just a lot brighter so it will take some adjusting.

The errors are as follows:

Some of the background elements will scroll along with the forum page and i'm not sure of that's intended, if it is it makes it feel a bit unresponsive because of the size of the image makes it take longer to scroll. Also I can no longer Click scroll on in the middle of the page I have to do it in the margins for some reason.

Another thing is the mail icon, notification icon,  and profile icon will now automatically take you to that page but they use to have drop-down boxes. The boxes still appear but your shortly after directed to the page. This is very annoying and now I can't quickly access any new notifications and it redirects me to a new page.

#2 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 04 2012 - 03:39 PM

Gray text on a gray background_ Fonts are thinner and with a new color tired more.

Several other connectivity, the font color of the background is difficult to read and tiring

This look bad:
http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 04 2012 - 03:48 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

SAMSUNG EVO 120GB * OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM 2 600W * Win 7 64
@ defekt : Mobility is King and burst damage is Queen. Checkmate.
Gdy byłem młodszy byłem bardziej beztroski... aha... nie lubię już POLSKI !

#3 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:04 PM

You can no longer middle click/ctrl click things to open up things in a new tab.

#4 Hugs_

Hugs_

Former Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationUnknown Kadath

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:21 PM

Thank you for reporting these issues. Our top engineers are on the scene and working to fix these things. Thanks for your understanding while we get this forum humming like a proper machine.

If you notice any issues not already mentioned, please let us know here in this thread! I'll update you as soon as we know more.
xxoo

#5 JuiceBox

JuiceBox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thank you to having ad block so I can disable the horrid gray pattern background and the annoying robot background.

Also breadcrumbs are broken. I go into the Beta 3 section and can't get out using breadcrumbs.

#6 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:35 PM

The tab with my callsign drop down box will not stay lit to access the contents,when you click it goes straight to my profile.
Can't get to the contents or any other link besides the whisk to profile.
Posted Image

#7 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm linking it from here just to avoid reuploading attachments and such, but the layout problems extend to the PM system.

Also, when I hit the button to insert a URL in that above sentence, the lightbox effect (where the rest of the page dims) kicked in properly, but the actual URL box was floating between Necro and Hugs' posts -- centered on the page's height instead of the reply box.

Edit: Post #1000.

Also, if you are in, say, the PM section, clicking on the envelope icon doesn't refresh the page or take you back to the inbox, and it behaves normally. However, clicking on it from other areas will force a page change as reported.

Edited by Elix, December 04 2012 - 04:51 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#8 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Features in relation with profiles are going crazy at this moment .. updating profile comments also sending PMs from user name profile links do not scroll the page up.. so the winwodw is up there ( "like hidden").

Edited by The_Silencer, December 04 2012 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#9 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Happens when i try to like things.

http://s8.postimage....91/Untitled.png

#10 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:47 PM

Just gonna copypasta my feedback from the other thread.

Yes. I'm not very fond of this either.

My biggest gripe is that I have my Middle Mouse button set to open up a new tab when I click a link with it, but that doesn't work on the Hawken Forums links. It will work on any other website, and even on the links to other parts of the Hawken site, but not on the links of threads, sub-forums, notifications and the like.
As far as web browsing goes, this is a major pain in the rear.

For me, so far, the forums are clunkier, slower and a bit less aesthetically appealing.

EDIT: Another problem.
When I click on a notification link to go to a post of mine that someone liked or quoted, it does not actually go to the relevant post, and just loads the page normally. This mean I have to scroll through the page and manually find the post, which of course makes having a link that supposed to take you to the indicated post pointless.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#11 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 04:48 PM

http://s14.postimage...n5/Untitled.png

Happens when multiple posts are made without refreshing.

#12 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:03 PM

I am unable to view attachments any longer (clicking just reloads the game, sometimes with the posts, sometimes not), and noscript is claiming there is a potential click jacking attempt with hidden elements when I do such things such as reply, quote, follow a thread, or like a post.

I'm also of the same opinion as AJK, the forums now feel clunkier, slower and a bit less aesthetically appealing.

Edited by bacon_avenger, December 04 2012 - 05:04 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#13 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:04 PM

http://s7.postimage....ob/Untitled.png

Happens when clicking "HAWKEN forums" in the upper-left directories/breadcrumbs

#14 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:07 PM

Fixed the callsign tab already,Nice!
Posted Image

#15 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:14 PM

For people who use adblock plus you can hide the image that's making the forums feel slow, it's the scratch and dirt details on the side of the page.

Use "easy create filter" and make sure you highlight the right thing, not my fault if you end up hiding the wrong thing :)
However i feel the problem will be fixed quickly so it may not be a problem for long.

#16 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:16 PM

Posted Image

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 04 2012 - 05:19 PM.

INTEL i5-4670K * ASUS Z87-A * GOODRAM DDR3 2x4GB * GIGABYTE GTX 760 OC rev 2.0 * X-Fi XTREME MUSIC * GRADO SR-60

#17 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 04 2012 - 05:57 PM

View PostKaszaWspraju, on December 04 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

Whathefark is that Kaszi_
Posted Image

#18 KaszaWspraju

KaszaWspraju

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 922 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:05 PM

Ability to ignore user's signature. Just move your mouse over the signature, the cross it will appear in the upper right corner.

Edited by KaszaWspraju, December 04 2012 - 06:05 PM.

#19 JustJake

JustJake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:06 PM

So, I found the cause of (almost) all the forum issues having to do with the update:

The forum runs in an iframe (inline-frame) element. When you see things that are cut off, it's because the inline frame element is smaller than the actual page.

You can still browse and post on the old forum if you disable scripts and go to http://community.playhawken.com/. You won't have many of the advanced forum features, but you'll be able to open links with middle-click, post, and use your browser's back button without worrying about state-loss, slowness, or navigation bugs.

I'm hoping the crew running playhawken.com will change their approach, as the iframe concept has lots of issues that are pretty hard to work around in an efficient manner.

Here's a separate thread I created with my suggestion: community.playhawken.com/topic/11166-switch-from-client-size-reverse-proxy-to-server-side-reverse-proxy/

Posted Image

#20 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 04 2012 - 06:36 PM

i dont know if this has been mentioned but, i am unable to access the forums from the main page( playhawken/forum )

Also i ahve this issue where if i click a pic or try to add a pic to my post the little box thing ends up way lower than where i am currently looking at.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users