HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EOC Repeater needs some lovin.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:55 PM

View Postwat, on December 07 2012 - 11:14 AM, said:

Perhaps the EOC could scale damage based on number of projectiles that hit concurrently - the example I'm thinking of is the Needler from Halo.  The damage multiplier would be greatest if all 6 projectiles hit.

I have no idea what any of the math is in this game but just entertain this fictional math.  Numbers can obviously be replaced with workable in game numbers, but the concept is here.

Each projectile does a fixed amount of damage, say 30.  Then, total damage is multiplied by a different factor based on the number of projectiles that hit.  For instance, 2 projectiles can give a 5% bonus to damage, 4 projectiles get a 15% bonus to damage, and all 6 projectiles can get something massive like a 50% bonus to damage.

Number of successful hits in one salvo:
1 hit: 30 damage flat
2 hit: (30+30)*1.05 = 63 total damage
3 hit: (30+30+30)*1.10 = 99 total damage
4 hit: (30+30+30+30)*1.15 = 138 total damage
5 hit: (30+30+30+30+30)*1.20 = 180 damage
6 hit: (30+30+30+30+30+30)*1.50 = 270 damage

If it ends up being OP, perhaps the projectiles could come out not at a fixed rate, but a slower rate per each projectile.  In other words, the first 3 shots would come out almost immediately, and then each subsequent shot would take .25 seconds, and the sixth shot would come out .5 seconds later, or something.  That way, it's easy to get a consistent base level of damage with a basic 3 round burst since the first 3 projectiles come out in quick succession, but getting that final critical damage hit made difficult by the late firing of the sixth shot, and is only rewarded for great skill.

So effectively the EOC could become a non-seeking Needler with 6 projectiles instead of 20.  Hit a few times, get low damage.  Hit every shot, get a massive reward.  But, it requires careful tracking of an opponent; it can be fought with clever dodging and timings.  It would make fighting someone with EOC a matter of moving unpredictably.

Thoughts_

I like this idea.
But i am not fond of slowing the rate of fire of the weapon especially not if the more mines you fire the slower the fire rate becomes, i just feels odd and think people might prefer a quick 3 round burst over the hard to aim and "unpredictable" 5-6 mine burst.

It might also be hard for the devs to implement a system like this where the damage calculated by a mine is relevant to the damage received by a previous mine. But then again i have limited knowledge of programming and do not have access to the code.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users