HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Updates/News/Announcements

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

#401 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 08 2012 - 03:05 PM

Thanks, Lava. ;)

P.S. Although... maybe it's just me, but the videos don't work well on those pages at GT.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#402 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 08:05 AM

Warner Brothers announced today that they will be working with DJ2 Entertainment in producing the Hawken web video series that serves as the back story for the events that lead up to the game. For the full press-release, head on over to Cision Wire.

#403 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 09:57 AM

lavalamp1138 said:

Warner Brothers announced today that they will be working with DJ2 Entertainment in producing the Hawken web video series that serves as the back story for the events that lead up to the game. For the full press-release, head on over to Cision Wire.

awesome :D

#404 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 04:19 PM

Big announcements coming out Comic-Con! So big in fact that they deserve their own thread!

#405 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 07:27 AM

Check out the Hawken Web Series Trailer courtesy of Machinima.

#406 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 08:24 AM

lavalamp1138 said:

Check out the Hawken Web Series Trailer courtesy of Machinima.

The voice of the actor was deeply weak (in mech mechanic language, it sucked hard) getting my senses out of the epic theme and the scale. However that video was simply stellar. Finally they are nailing the theme of what this (motherfucking (: P)) game is about.

Now bring me "those" fuckin' graphics to mah game play....Enough of that CGI shit....:3....(jk).

I want destructibility NOW!!!...Tessellation NOW!! and that use of the Unreal engine 4 NOWW!!!

SO whose with me...

#407 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 11:17 AM

Visually it looks great, but that second actor needs some bass in his voice or the other sounds drowned him out.

Keep up the great work guys, this looks promising!

#408 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 11:33 AM

Provi said:

Visually it looks great, but that second actor needs some bass in his voice or the other sounds drowned him out.

Keep up the great work guys, this looks promising!

I know they can't pay for a good voice, but hell, they need a better actor or a better voice for him instead of him being a narrator. If I express how bad that voice is explicitly my account end up banned and deleted in a matter of seconds so I'm going to simply say that his voice as a narrator needs to be changed.

#409 Provi

Provi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 02:06 PM

I'm actually fine with the narrator's voice because he sounds like a real person. I'm talking about the other guy's voice.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them dripping with testosterone like the guys in GoW either - that can also kill immersion. But I think half of an actor's performance is the sound of his voice, and his will take time to grow on me even if he is the 'rookie.'

#410 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 02:34 PM

Provi said:

I'm actually fine with the narrator's voice because he sounds like a real person. I'm talking about the other guy's voice.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want them dripping with testosterone like the guys in GoW either - that can also kill immersion. But I think half of an actor's performance is the sound of his voice, and his will take time to grow on me even if he is the 'rookie.'

But that voice sucks ass. No seriously, they have to hire a good actor or find a better narrator than the voice of a kid.

#411 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 27 2012 - 03:00 PM

The narrator's voice is fine. I do also think that some more of bass would improve the voice record. Thus would be a matter of slightly equalization and/or filtering..

IMHO, the texture, interpretation and pronunciation of the voice actor is excellent and fits very well into the Hawken world.

P.S. If anyone in here can do it better then feel free to post a link to your wave sound' sample.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#412 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 03:37 PM

The_Silencer said:

The narrator's voice is fine.

Yes, in your dreams.

#413 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 27 2012 - 04:03 PM

MM, you've expressed the same opinion 3 times already. Let others express theirs.

Forgot to say that I liked the Web Series Trailer. :)

Posted Image

#414 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 27 2012 - 04:18 PM

The_Silencer said:

MM, you've expressed the same opinion 3 times already. Let others express theirs.

You can type whatever you want. However I am free to agree or disagree with it. That's how things are.

The acting is crucial for the hype on the game. I know, I'm being an asshole twat on them because once they go all out Adhesive should make the first impression perfectly. These details subtract impact and power within their franchise.

#415 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 28 2012 - 06:27 AM

You've said the same thing for the fourth time (plus one more dose of extra obvious thingies and your typical "I'll post whatever I want on here" plus' your obsessive "my nutties are what dictate how things are" attitude.

Keep it going..

Posted Image

#416 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 28 2012 - 07:02 AM

The_Silencer said:

You've said the same thing for the fourth time (plus one more dose of extra obvious thingies and your typical "I'll post whatever I want on here" plus' your obsesive "my nutties are what dictate how things are" attitude.

Keep it going..

Looks like I have to use it......

: ).

He forced me to do it....: (

Anyway, the CGI graphics and the mech designs are nothing short of amazing. The details are there, the themes and the level. The CGI work is a tour the force and an inspiration for films of this sort. It really gets the theme of what Hawken is about. It explains everything in greater detail. Those are the positive parts, however we already notice it the first second we watched the video...

#417 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 01 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hahahah! Good one, MM. :D

And talking about myself missing upon a time good stuff posted on here, I've just watched the WACOM Speed Art by Khang Le and John Park and... wow, dude!... I wish I had those artistic skills; very cool! :)

Posted Image

#418 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted September 03 2012 - 12:20 PM

HEAVY MECH

http://www.gamesrada... ... -all-time/

#419 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted September 04 2012 - 11:25 AM

Yeah, at last.. a big guy; cool! :D

By the way, much better mech death animations and VFX in there! ;)

Posted Image

#420 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted September 04 2012 - 04:28 PM

Oooh nice, though it looks a little too sluggish for my playstyle.

Also, I agree with Silencer, the death anims/vfx seem a lot more kinetic, something that fits in with everything Hawken.
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users