HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

WELCOME to HAWKEN!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 SuperNutz

SuperNutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh a Dev..... let start a lynching mob.. who's with me

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:41 PM

Can you tell us some funny stories from developing Hawken, Vanashinkaku_ Preferably ones that won't get you in trouble or get the lawyers involved. Like, has TJ ever fallen asleep at his workstation during crunch time before a beta session_ :D

I'm eager to see the lore that's been promised on all the equipment, get a better feel for the meat of the story behind this world.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:41 PM

Share with us some of the vision you guys had for how a mixed team of A, B, and C class mechs should play like!

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#24 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:42 PM

My fave game mode would be good old TDM, its more fast paced than other modes and just that bit less hardcore than FFA.

Posted Image

#25 dustyboots

dustyboots

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNot Kansas ToTo...!

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:43 PM

View PostNecro, on December 12 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

They need to ban people from faking AHD and MTR tags.
Is just the start I am afraid...
My first hard drive was a cassette tape,Son!

#26 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:44 PM

Well we haven't played the new siege mode but in CB 1/2 it was pretty fun. The updates to it in CB3 were not im my liking's and i'm hoping that it will be fun this time around in OB because the changes look good and siege can be very dynamic. Missile assault isn't really my cup of tea, i don't feel like it's dynamic enough. you just end up running back and forth from point to point. I need an added distraction on the map and the energy plots in siege are a nice distraction in my mind...gives me a choice of what to do.

If i could add something it would be the ability to use EU in another function other then launching a ship.

Edited by Necro, December 12 2012 - 03:48 PM.

#27 Noctium

Noctium

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationThe Abyss

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostSuperNutz, on December 12 2012 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh a Dev..... let start a lynching mob.. who's with me
You mean to hang someone due to an act of bigotry_
...My God, that's horrifying.

Posted Image

[Signature made my me. Click the signature for true resolution]

[Newbie to Hawken]

[Video Recorder/Editor, Sig Maker]

#28 _war

_war

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:45 PM

I find it funny he has yet to respond but the discussion he induced is amusing.

#29 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostElix, on December 12 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

Can you tell us some funny stories from developing Hawken....

+1

We would love to see your side of things :)

#30 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostNecro, on December 12 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

Can you tell us some funny stories from developing Hawken....

+1

We would love to see your side of things :)

pfft stuff that.

Dish the dirt on your colleagues!

Posted Image

#31 Kana

Kana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi Vana! I love the unique modes you guys made for seige and missile assault, it was very entertaining. Keep up the good work!

Since you're a game designer, I would like to feed you with some ideas from a mecha fan! (If you don't mind) It will be great to see more detailed user customization in mecha parts/engines and tech trees, as well as the chassis designs. Aside from that, I would also like to see some extra features in game, such as more background voices, cinematics/animations, short story line for each modes (to feel like we are part of the Hawken story), different environmental combat (such as mid air, over the sea, and lower space orbit battles.

Oh my, look at me go... ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Posted Image【メカ世代には夢到来を告げる!Mecha Generation

#32 QuanZen

QuanZen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • Location_...My GPS isn't working

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:52 PM

View Post[ADH]Vanashinkaku, on December 12 2012 - 04:39 PM, said:

@Kiel, there will be official updates constantly from others, I'm not able to answer any information on timeline!  I juts know our boys are working hard to get us out to battle!

@QuanZen - I sent myself in because I'm excited for HAWWKKKEEENNN and I want to share my excitement!!!!! :D

@Everyone - Whats your favorite game mode_ Why is it your favorite_ If you could pick one thing to improve or change, what would it be_
Well one thing about your entire team is I can tell this project is special to you all. It's very refreshing to see an attitude such as yours with a project. Keep up the good work...and I still think you are very brave ;)
Posted Image

#33 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:53 PM

Can you tell us some funny stories from developing Hawken, Vanashinkaku_ Preferably ones that won't get you in trouble or get the lawyers involved. Like, has TJ ever fallen asleep at his workstation during crunch time before a beta session_ :D

I'm eager to see the lore that's been promised on all the equipment, get a better feel for the meat of the story behind this world.

Hrm... a funny story... there is this one time I had personally that made me almost fall out of my chair from surprise and hilarity.  There was/is a weapon that we're working on for future release, and I was testing it out as I was balancing numbers.   I spawned some bots in and was running around shooting with all the weapons, doing some basic balance testing, when I got to the "prototype weapon".   I shot 2 bots with it at the same time and they FLEW THROUGH THE AIR, flying all the way across the map.   Turns out its still very prototype and gives massive impulse to enemies when it collides with them.  Obviously this is not how it is SUPPOSED to work, but I about died from the randomness of it.

View PostNecro, on December 12 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Well we haven't played the new siege mode but in CB 1/2 it was pretty fun. The updates to it in CB3 were not im my liking's and i'm hoping that it will be fun this time around in OB because the changes look good and siege it can be very dynamic. Missile assault isn't really my cup of tea, i don't feel like it's dynamic enough. you just end up running back and forth from point to point. I need an added distraction on the map and the energy plots in siege are a nice distraction in my mind...gives me a choice of what to do.

If i could add something it would be the ability to use EU in another function other then launching a ship.

Awesome I love Siege too!  I can't tell you much, but this is just the beginning for Hawken and Siege!  We have a lot of awesome ideas kicking around the office, I don't want to go into detail because obviously a lot of them are subject to change in one way or the other, but our main goal with Siege is to continue growing it into a highly fun and competitive quality eSports mode!

#34 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:55 PM

View PostKana, on December 12 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

... different environmental combat (such as mid air, over the sea, and lower space orbit battles.
I'm not Vanashinkaku, but I'm not completely sure this would fit with Hawken. The jump jets are not very powerful, so combat in midair, over the sea, or in space would need to still be on some sort of platform, such as a ship on the sea or on a space station. But it would be very cool to have battles where you might fall off into the sea -- have to be careful when running away!

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#35 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:55 PM

So practice Siege heaps  :D

Posted Image

#36 L0r3m45t3r

L0r3m45t3r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:57 PM

Any ideas in the works for different body types_ Like a floating siege mech or something.

#37 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:58 PM

Gravity gun sound terrorfying. And im looking forward to see how all the weapon changes work out =D Also siege looks alot better now excited to test it out =D
Posted Image

#38 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Post[ADH]Vanashinkaku, on December 12 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hrm... a funny story... there is this one time I had personally that made me almost fall out of my chair from surprise and hilarity.  There was/is a weapon that we're working on for future release, and I was testing it out as I was balancing numbers.   I spawned some bots in and was running around shooting with all the weapons, doing some basic balance testing, when I got to the "prototype weapon".   I shot 2 bots with it at the same time and they FLEW THROUGH THE AIR, flying all the way across the map.   Turns out its still very prototype and gives massive impulse to enemies when it collides with them.  Obviously this is not how it is SUPPOSED to work, but I about died from the randomness of it.
...can we please have video of that_ Do you still have that build_ Even if the lawyers have to clear it, that sounds hilarious. That's the sort of thing that belongs on I Get Your Fail. And kind of reminiscient of the randomness from The Cool Cam.

#39 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostGREW, on December 12 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

View Postkielstorm08, on December 12 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

what tym we can download the client i am exited i cant sleep playing this game pls tell us what tym whahwhahwhwahwa thank you :(
Imminent :P

Oh dear lord. What have you guys at ADH and MTR done. You have started a new Trademark phrase. As if Soon.TM wasnt enough now we have the Imminent.TM.

BTW we need energy weapons in the game. And a defensive internal called EMP Shield would be awesome.

Edited by Cpt_Kill_Jack, December 12 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#40 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:02 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 12 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Oh dear lord. What have you guys at ADH and MTR done. You have started a new Trademark phrase. As if Soon.TM wasnt enough now we have the Imminent.TM.
First OB meme: Imminent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users