HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

WELCOME to HAWKEN!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#41 [HWK]Vanashinkaku

[HWK]Vanashinkaku

Game Designer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:06 PM

Question 2: A hypothetical.

You're 20.5 miles south-east of the bazaar.  Your Mech has broken down.  You're in the middle of a hot zone where battles are constantly waged between the Prosk, and your alignment, the Sentium.  The sun is beating down heavily out in the empty desert. You have enough supplies to potentially make it back to base, but also run the potential of heat stroke or dehydration.  However, if you stay in with your mech and wait for someone to notice you missing and get an evac to you, you will run the risk of being noticed by the Prosk and captured or worse killed.

What do you do_

#42 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:09 PM

Mechs would have some sort of stress beacon_  (Hopefully encoded)

Id activate that and sit at a distance from my mech. Enough so i can charge over and receive my rescue... or just charge away.

Posted Image

#43 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:14 PM

I would sit tight in my mech in the shade of a building waiting for rescue. If i saw enemy incoming i would see if fleeing was possible or if i should attempt the 1v3.
Posted Image

#44 Marauder66

Marauder66

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, Scotland

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:16 PM

I could never leave cupcake! Would have to sit around and wait for rescue - a bit like tonight unfortunately.

Can't wait, but would rather wait a few hours than get a broken game. has happeneed too many times before, pay your £30 and the 2 days later have to download a massive patch for the game to actually work. sometimes I think when developers release a game it should actually be called Open Beta as it doesn't seem to have been tested.

And as for microsoft.......

Posted Image

HOP ON

#45 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:16 PM

View Post[ADH]Vanashinkaku, on December 12 2012 - 04:53 PM, said:

Awesome I love Siege too!  I can't tell you much, but this is just the beginning for Hawken and Siege!  We have a lot of awesome ideas kicking around the office, I don't want to go into detail because obviously a lot of them are subject to change in one way or the other, but our main goal with Siege is to continue growing it into a highly fun and competitive quality eSports mode!

I myself have posted a few idea about new map modes and updates to current map modes. I really can't wait too see these ideas implemented in one way or another. I might be a bit wary at first because of the past siege changes but that just leads me to be more open for surprise.

Also kinda on a taboo subject it seems, but I would just like to know the final goal behind the countermeasures. What role in the game are they suppose to fill. I know some people may not like the idea as it looks right now but i'm hopeful it will come to mean more as we use it and knowing the role they play might help players see the positives in them.

Hypothetical:

I get my tool kit out of the mech and begin to take out my MG turret. When i get it released I take the gun off and see how much it weighs  "Damn too heavy"

I then go to the back of the mech and break out my repair turret and the auto tracking chip from the turret and integrate it into the drone's system while also implementing the turret gun onto the drone. I program it to follow me, very rudimentary but it will work. I then grab my EMP from the mech and place it in my bag, take a small rest, then head out back to base with my mobile repair turret and my one use emp if a mech happens to cross my path.
"Death couldn't stop me and F**k this desert."

Edit:
takes forever for me to post in this thread.

Edited by Necro, December 12 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#46 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:18 PM

I would grab my emergency survival gear (camo/cloak net, weapon, surivial knife, rations), and hide out away from my mech until help arived, preferably out of the sun in a cave or between rocks. if we are talking super flat desert, than i would post up using my mech as shade as i would be able to see incoming enemies from quite a ways away.

Posted Image

#47 Kana

Kana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostElix, on December 12 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostKana, on December 12 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

... different environmental combat (such as mid air, over the sea, and lower space orbit battles.

I'm not Vanashinkaku, but I'm not completely sure this would fit with Hawken. The jump jets are not very powerful, so combat in midair, over the sea, or in space would need to still be on some sort of platform, such as a ship on the sea or on a space station. But it would be very cool to have battles where you might fall off into the sea -- have to be careful when running away!

Sorry, I'm not quite good at English but I tried my best. I like your idea as well to reinforce my idea, platform will be best in that case! But if booster jump jets are strong enough in the future, or specific type of jets for specific modes, then it will be great to battle at mid air/space vacuum under a small area or some sort.
Posted Image【メカ世代には夢到来を告げる!Mecha Generation

#48 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 04:25 PM

View PostKana, on December 12 2012 - 04:20 PM, said:

View PostElix, on December 12 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

View PostKana, on December 12 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

... different environmental combat (such as mid air, over the sea, and lower space orbit battles.

I'm not Vanashinkaku, but I'm not completely sure this would fit with Hawken. The jump jets are not very powerful, so combat in midair, over the sea, or in space would need to still be on some sort of platform, such as a ship on the sea or on a space station. But it would be very cool to have battles where you might fall off into the sea -- have to be careful when running away!

Sorry, I'm not quite good at English but I tried my best. I like your idea as well to reinforce my idea, platform will be best in that case! But if booster jump jets are strong enough in the future, or specific type of jets for specific modes, then it will be great to battle at mid air/space vacuum under a small area or some sort.
↑ 僕もそう思います (⌒∇⌒)
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#49 Kana

Kana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted December 12 2012 - 05:15 PM

あなたは日本語が話せるをいいね。www

Edit: What is the maximum of likes I can give_

Edited by Kana, December 12 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#50 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:02 PM

大学で日本語を勉強したが、まだ下手です。でも、がんばります~ それとも、僕がFFXI遊びました。FFXIの日本語のIMEできたら日本の方さんと話しました。(⌒∇⌒)

I don't know what the limit is, but it is per day, so tomorrow you can Like again.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#51 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:13 PM

Who else google translated what they said because they didnt want to feel left out_

Posted Image

#52 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:22 PM

not this guy, i made some pan-fried chicken cutlets and poured another drink,

this thread sure has slowed up, wonder where mr V went.

Posted Image

#53 Kana

Kana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationProsk HQ

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:42 PM

おぉぉ~っ あなたはよく頑張りました。ほんとに君は日本語が好きだね。ww

#54 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 06:49 PM

apparently he left to amke the HAwken Beta LIVE!!! WOOOOOO.. figures my friends wanna go out now...

Posted Image

#55 Jagermeister

Jagermeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:10 AM

Hellooooo Drink meeeee

#56 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 13 2012 - 06:48 AM

View PostKana, on December 12 2012 - 06:42 PM, said:

おぉぉ~っ あなたはよく頑張りました。ほんとに君は日本語が好きだね。ww
いや、ははは、まだ本当に下手です。僕カナダ人です。僕の町に、日本語話すの人がいないし、ネットの人ばかりと話します。 まだ日本へ行ったことないんですけれど行きたいんです。

That's the most Japanese I've typed in one post for months.

#57 GodofNoob

GodofNoob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:37 AM

Hi, I'm new to this game but I've noticed that matchmaking can be a pain. It seems to have trouble finding servers. I have selected the "all region" option to broaden the search. I've tried all game options from deathmatch to seige and only resulted in failed match, can't find server. I'm not sure if there are servers premaded but is there anyway that there could be to make the matchmaking easier_ Maybe include a custom option for people to create their own games on the server and other people can come join.

#58 Ravenward

Ravenward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMontréal, Canada

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:59 AM

Everything should be fixed, if not already, by a quick patch and matchmaking will be fine :) I'm not sure about it but from what i read it seems that they're actually planning to bring back a server browser to the OB_ If anyone more experienced than me could confirm that it'd be nice.

#59 AsamiSato

AsamiSato

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRepublic City

Posted July 25 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hello! Just made my account today. Great game AG :)

#60 Thrainesd

Thrainesd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users