HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Steam_

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Hawken be distributed through steam_ (574 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Hawken be distributed through steam_

1. Yes (477 votes [84.72%])

Percentage of vote: 84.72%

2. No (86 votes [15.28%])

Percentage of vote: 15.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 KevinKarma

KevinKarma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFrance,Marseille

Posted September 30 2012 - 02:08 PM

it would be perfect to have a release like the Witcher 2,you get a DRM-free version + a Steam key for yourself since it's pretty convenient to use Steam

#42 D_M01

D_M01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationStandby... .

Posted September 30 2012 - 03:12 PM

Steam is like the person you hate but deal with every day.

I vote Steam, simply because I use it for basically all of my PC gaming and because Hawken looks like the type of game that would benefit immensely from it.

Posted Image

Misanthropiae_Magna

#43 Darkbolt

Darkbolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted October 01 2012 - 10:17 AM

The second this game panders to a third party piece of garbage like steam in the moment i drop this and never look back. Sorry if this offends you but it is true steam is garbage and will do nothing more then flood the community with 12 year old cheaters and lamers alike. Soon as arma 2 went to steam the game got worse and worse,Steam is a TERRIBLE option for this game and as for splitting the community well mine and others like my response should be proof enough that it is indeed the case.

My biggest fear is seeing a GOOD game like hawken RUINED by cheating. Like the wow community steam is full of disgusting little trolls that do nothing but ruin games for others. So if you wish to have a game full of cheaters at every turn (like arma 2 when dayz went on steam) then by all means ram that knife deep now and get it over with.

#44 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted October 01 2012 - 03:56 PM

Edited by GUEST, October 01 2012 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Dam187

Dam187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Locationpa (usa)

Posted October 01 2012 - 04:41 PM

I think steam is a good idea if it was optional like DCUO, but not so good if it is like TF2. I think the game should be held on its own, but added to steam to get the word out that it exists. They should have a personal launcher just incase people don't want to join via steam.

#46 Veli

Veli

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted October 02 2012 - 03:22 AM

yes. would preorder right now
:3

#47 Red7

Red7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOTT CAN

Posted October 02 2012 - 01:17 PM

There is no wrong answer, because Hawken will go to Steam Community regardless of your poll choice. Steam is the largest and top distributor of PC gaming... in fact, it literally is PC gaming. What other PC gaming community exists_

Everywhere else is dominated by console gaming communites.

#48 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted October 04 2012 - 05:16 PM

Being able to join games my steam friends are playing or the security of the steam wallet when buying more points, I would very much like to see Hawken on Steam.  Plus I think the advertisement chances through steam would do the game wonders in getting a bigger community.
Posted Image

#49 SHYBORG

SHYBORG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationIdaho, USA

Posted October 05 2012 - 10:27 AM

Project Greenlight!

#50 Aelieth

Aelieth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationShawnee, Oklahoma or Nagoya, Japan

Posted October 05 2012 - 10:37 AM

I simply add all my games to my Steam list so everyone can see what I am playing at the time, Steam is awesome for gaming. Definitely voted yes on this, being able to join friends in games based on what they are playing at the time is great.
Posted Image
Seriously suicidal scrapheap operator

#51 Coaxill

Coaxill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWashington, United States

Posted October 05 2012 - 12:44 PM

Steam is nice, but I'll be all for the game either way.

#52 Kendrick

Kendrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLas cruces

Posted October 06 2012 - 02:54 PM

Please no steam cause i don't have a account

#53 GUEST

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationThe land of apple pie and toddler pageants.

Posted October 06 2012 - 03:58 PM

That can be rectified in like, what, one minute_ Besides, what a lot of people are talking here isn't steam exclusivity. Just one more option for distribution.
Posted Image

#54 syluxman2803

syluxman2803

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 05:45 PM

i would say no because i like my games independent of programs like steam. i use steam for demos, thats about it.
Posted Image

#55 TristansGamertag

TristansGamertag

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 08:09 PM

I voted yes, so it would get more popularity and downloads. But my debate is you can just add it to Steam for yourself, that's what I did.

#56 ssmax

ssmax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:09 PM

heheh hell yeah steam love it. but fix the connection problem first bro or it will make more problems. steam tends to break games in this kind of area. dont know why but hey.
"no matter where you are. everyone is always connected"

#57 CanonEOS1DsMkIV

CanonEOS1DsMkIV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 13 2012 - 10:34 PM

I've heard there is a steam console coming out, called "Steambox" right now. That'd be cool to have this on there.
Wandering Gun #78

#58 Keekenox

Keekenox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationThe internetz

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:21 AM

Although i understand the concern of updating the game on steam, I think that exposing the game to the massive player base of steam would be extremely profitable on meteor's part and the added annoyance would be well worth it. I think that the number of players would easily increase by 200 - 300%. Steam players are always out looking for deals and lets face it, what is better than free! Atleast with my group of friends we jump on every free game we see.
"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
Wandering gun #45

#59 Grapekoolaid

Grapekoolaid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationOrange County

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:44 AM

If this game was integrated into steams community I would find nearly all my friends playing it.  This would including have the servers joinable through steam.  Im no developer or programmer but expect it to be a difficult task but if they pull it off I can see this game spreading like aids in Africa

#60 JuicyOnes

JuicyOnes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 10:31 AM

It's not difficult at all, all that needs to be done is having the overlay working already (which is does). Hope steam approve it or it gets through greenlight somehow. Work in a way to connect steamfriends into the games friendlist, and allow the "Steam Wallet" to be able to buy credits for the game.

As for patches etc.. they wouldn't have to be approved by steam. I.E the game Blacklight:Retribution, It's similar in the way it launches a pre-game window which checks your files and updates them there if needed from their servers (nothing through steam)
The downside of steam (with the game still beta) would be overloading of servers and ofcourse some more idiots regardless of age.
The upside far outweighs the downside. IMO. which would be..worldwide steam advertising, and more income of $$ and players.
It wouldn't devide the community at all, only add to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users