HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

On "Medic" abilities to regenerate team-mates/stuff

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think medic features could be a good addition in Hawken_ (324 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think medic features could be a good addition in Hawken_

1. Yes (197 votes [62.94%])

Percentage of vote: 62.94%

2. No (77 votes [24.60%])

Percentage of vote: 24.60%

3. Meh (39 votes [12.46%])

Percentage of vote: 12.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Azdeath

Azdeath

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationevery where

Posted November 09 2012 - 01:09 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on October 12 2012 - 04:49 PM, said:

ok ok kool but should add somthing like an engery bar so its like a transfer of the engery lowers the hiding "medic" healing the seeable 1k hp tank like the one that heals whin hes in sheld mode

this would = 2 guy that could hold out agensed 4-5 guys just op even if u balanced thin the heal rait would not be worth it to even get
just leave and is theres plenty of ways to heal and speed up healing
my mec has 925 hp and heals in less thin 5 sec or 30 sec if in sheld mode seems cheep but gets over run ez no time to pull back and heal add a healer and well .........
azdeath is my name and its from d&d (i get az death alot its pronounced az,deth not death

#22 WhiteFire

WhiteFire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted November 10 2012 - 02:31 PM

i belive that it would be a great idea! :)

#23 iEatWoofers

iEatWoofers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted November 13 2012 - 11:23 PM

There already is a repair skill/thing (Repair Charge). If you really want to give it to a teammate you can. I don't think there's need for more, otherwise the repair mechanic wouldn't be used as much.

#24 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted November 14 2012 - 12:13 AM

As it stands, the repair rate is too high. I'd rather see less healing, not more
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#25 HugeGuts

HugeGuts

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted November 19 2012 - 05:36 PM

It's too early to say anything conclusive about the repair torch, especially since it's not even out. It also seems some people think it won't be affected by heat, and there will be infinite healing_ I do not think so.

Although one thing the repair torch shouldn't do is stack its healing rate to mechs who already have maximum repair rate. Anything faster than what's possible now, and I might as well have standard FPS health regeneration.

#26 Briigwaal

Briigwaal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:01 AM

If you keep the idea of the repair torch and leave it at that, then sure. Then I could still fight on the field.

#27 fides5566

fides5566

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:29 PM

I voted yes, but it's really hard to make support classes enjoyable to play. They always boring to play and you(someone) is forced to play, otherwise your team is gonna lose.

So, if they're going to do this, I want them to make sure that it not end up like a Medic class in TF2.

Edited by fides5566, December 13 2012 - 09:29 PM.

#28 Desol8tor_dh

Desol8tor_dh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 09:40 PM

View Postfides5566, on December 13 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

I voted yes, but it's really hard to make support classes enjoyable to play. They always boring to play and you(someone) is forced to play, otherwise your team is gonna lose.

So, if they're going to do this, I want them to make sure that it not end up like a Medic class in TF2.

I think a support could have a place in Hawken.  The support could dole out healing, damage boost, or even movement increasing abilities (more fuel_).  

Of course I don't want it to be like a medic in TF2, where they'd just follow around the "Heavy" (cupcake, bruiser, etc) and make it impossible to kill.  Any enhancing "attacks" should definitely be subject to overheat.

Again, possible with moderation and proper thought.  Sometimes you have to step back and remember we're still in beta, this is when to try things and get feedback from the community.

#29 MIG_

MIG_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 02:36 PM

i would hate it ... you can heal yourself ... deal with it!
it is simply a settled game rule

#30 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 18 2012 - 06:18 PM

Actually, you can drop an item to heal 1 team mate or viceversa.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#31 0Gungrave0

0Gungrave0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 05:15 PM

I like the game without a repair class and we already have the Repair charge item.

Edited by 0Gungrave0, December 24 2012 - 05:16 PM.

Posted Image

#32 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 26 2012 - 05:11 AM

Although I'm curious on what the devs are cooking on this matter. Not necessarily a bad addition to the game, IMHO.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#33 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted December 26 2012 - 05:32 AM

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on December 22 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I do think he meant having a MechC healed by a technician.  That's one thing that's makes balancing the heavy's shield mode hard... people might think it's weak now but with the repair torch in the game it could be too strong. We have to make sure all that stuff feels good and fairly balanced before we release it.
This is one of the devs said in my other thread:
http://community.pla...mech-suggestion

So i assume, they're afraid that Turret mode might be overpowered if being healed by a repair torch, Not sure if it would be the case though. Mostly because even though the C-class will be nigh invincible, the "medic" will not, a single TOW might make him flee, if not a sharpshooter could easily take care of it.

Edited by Juodvarnis, December 26 2012 - 05:33 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 26 2012 - 05:51 AM

Interesting.
Maybe by not allowing healing (certain) mechs as they are running their special ability.

Posted Image

#35 Thermite

Thermite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:23 PM

I would rather see a repair turret feature

#36 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:25 PM

View PostJuodvarnis, on December 26 2012 - 05:32 AM, said:

View Post[ADH]Deuy, on December 22 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

I do think he meant having a MechC healed by a technician.  That's one thing that's makes balancing the heavy's shield mode hard... people might think it's weak now but with the repair torch in the game it could be too strong. We have to make sure all that stuff feels good and fairly balanced before we release it.
This is one of the devs said in my other thread:
http://community.pla...mech-suggestion

So i assume, they're afraid that Turret mode might be overpowered if being healed by a repair torch, Not sure if it would be the case though. Mostly because even though the C-class will be nigh invincible, the "medic" will not, a single TOW might make him flee, if not a sharpshooter could easily take care of it.
eh,,, I dont think there should be any case in which you can stand perfectly still and fight a full health target without losing
Focused fire and alpha striking is one thing, invincible turret mode mechs are cheesy and easy to abuse
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#37 Zephyo

Zephyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:58 PM

Technically, a Medic Item already exists - the Repair Charge can be used by anyone, you, friend, or foe.  How about a gun that creates and launches a repair charge at the expense of heat, where a greater charge before launching creates more healing energy_  Or a spray that heals, but quickly eats up Heat (EDIT - the spray would affect both friend and foe, as it's just unaffiliated energy being spewed out)_  There are ways to prevent a healing weapon from breaking the game (because, well, it's still possible to destroy a 3 medic+ Heavy combo in TF2 - medics don't have a lot of firepower, and every extra medic means less bullets coming from your side.)

Edited by Zephyo, December 29 2012 - 10:03 PM.

† Do not go gentle into that good night †

Posted Image

† Rage, rage against the dying of the light †

#38 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 02 2013 - 01:03 PM

Still, I definitely think that pilots should have the ability of healing their, at least, turret deployable items.

Edit: C-Class mechas going their fortified ability should be the exception, IMHO. That is, no external healing for heavies while they're going fortified.

Edited by The_Silencer, January 02 2013 - 01:05 PM.

Posted Image

#39 Coldbound

Coldbound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWinland

Posted January 02 2013 - 01:31 PM

Maybe a mech that shoots repair orbs into the midst of the battle_ :D
But my take on this is no.
Posted Image

#40 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted January 02 2013 - 01:42 PM

I don't see the point of repair mechs, since mechs can repair themselves, and you are potentially asking for disaster if you combine a repair mech with a turreted brawler, also, too much like TF2

I'm all for a flamethrower though :3

Edited by SilentJacket, January 02 2013 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users