HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher not working AGAIN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#1 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:11 AM

And again, the bad-made launcher won't let me play Hawken, I only managed to taste the game at CB3 for some miracle, but now I'm back to stage zero. I got rid of all information about Hawken CB3 before downloading the installer again, I run it, and SURPRISE!!! The launcher doesn't download the game content.

Why don't you give us a link to download the full content at once_ WHAT IS SO DIFFICULT ABOUT IT___

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:13 AM

What error message are you getting_ What does the launcher do instead of working properly_

What are your system specs_

I understand that this would be frustrating, but nobody will be able to help sort out the problem without more information. Also, did you try using the launcher before uninstalling it_ The reason I ask is that the launcher would update the CB3 install to Open Beta, so there was no need to uninstall it...although at any rate that's too late now.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:18 AM

more info please ... then we can see whats wrong XD
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#4 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:56 AM

I assume you have the same problem as me. The launcher shuts off and goes into the process, doing nothing with no error message_

Of course, my installer wont download all of the needed files.

#5 Homieto

Homieto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have the same problem as SixFootMidget, can ANYONE help us_ I really want to play..

#6 VictorWolf

VictorWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGothenburg Sweden

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:05 AM

I got same after the patch but was easily solved for me, Zonealarm wanted new confirmation like it was first time using the game. Maybee same for you.

#7 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:05 AM

My 'installer' is 17MB, is that normal_

#8 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostVictorWolf, on December 14 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

I got same after the patch but was easily solved for me, Zonealarm wanted new confirmation like it was first time using the game. Maybee same for you.

More detail as to how you got it to work_

#9 Fjutsup

Fjutsup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:07 AM

I have a problem with the launcher too , i can not launch game via HawkenLauncher.exe it will disappear after i open it.
I've tried everything , disable the Firewall,  run as administrator , but nothing works

#10 VictorWolf

VictorWolf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGothenburg Sweden

Thats it, only givinh ZoneAlarm firewall permition then it started normaly for me. Nothing else.

#11 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I've sent a support ticket yesterday and it didn't really help. It seems like we are the first to encounter this problem. And I really want to play this game. :c

#12 Vulvert

Vulvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:09 AM

Same problem  here. Some kind of error message would be nice but now, nothing happens after clicking Hawken

#13 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:13 AM

If we could have even the alpha build client download we could update through that.

#14 Vulvert

Vulvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:41 AM

Searched this on google and people have had problems and reported exactly this.
Devs seems not interested in helping out with this.
That kind of fuzzy bunny does not interest me, so skipping this then

#15 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 10:05 AM

Can you send me a link to those threads_

#16 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostSixFootMidget, on December 14 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

I assume you have the same problem as me. The launcher shuts off and goes into the process, doing nothing with no error message_

Of course, my installer wont download all of the needed files.

Exactly, I'm running as Admin, exception is added at the firewall, and to the antivirus aswell.

#17 SolidMoose

SolidMoose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 02:16 PM

I had what I think is the same problem.  I downloaded the installer for the launcher from the site and installed it.  Upon trying to run the launcher I would sometimes get an all white window for just a second but usually I would get just nothing at all.  I checked the Task Manager and the process for the launcher was mysteriously dying shortly after I opened it.  I wasn't getting an error message or anything, just a lack of Hawken.  Running as Administrator didn't help.  I ran virus scans, nada.  The thing that eventually seems to have worked is I killed Microsoft Security Essentials (I closed the process through the Task Manager).  Then I ran the launcher and it started up just fine after a sec.  Once it was downloading the game client I turned MSSE back on as a test and all went well.  Hopefully the same fix will work for you guys.

For reference, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 on a Q6700 quad-core Intel processor and an ATI Radeon HD 5830.

#18 Fjutsup

Fjutsup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:20 PM

Many people report this error , but it seems that they do not see it
I have lost count of how many people are with this error and can't get a solution

#19 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:22 PM

View PostSolidMoose, on December 14 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

I had what I think is the same problem.  I downloaded the installer for the launcher from the site and installed it.  Upon trying to run the launcher I would sometimes get an all white window for just a second but usually I would get just nothing at all.  I checked the Task Manager and the process for the launcher was mysteriously dying shortly after I opened it.  I wasn't getting an error message or anything, just a lack of Hawken.  Running as Administrator didn't help.  I ran virus scans, nada.  The thing that eventually seems to have worked is I killed Microsoft Security Essentials (I closed the process through the Task Manager).  Then I ran the launcher and it started up just fine after a sec.  Once it was downloading the game client I turned MSSE back on as a test and all went well.  Hopefully the same fix will work for you guys.

For reference, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 on a Q6700 quad-core Intel processor and an ATI Radeon HD 5830.

Lucky. I'm running a stock Vista Home Premium. :c
And, that doesn't work for me, nothing does. ;n;

Edited by SixFootMidget, December 14 2012 - 03:24 PM.

#20 Wyvern1827

Wyvern1827

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:48 PM

View PostSolidMoose, on December 14 2012 - 02:16 PM, said:

Same here.... I'm trying to run the game since CB1 and nothing happens. It's simply not working.

My PC is running Win7 32 GEForce 9600GT with AMD Athlon 64 x2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users