HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher not working AGAIN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#21 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 14 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Post111psycho, on December 14 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

The launcher doesn't download the game content.

In order to determine the problem, we'll need more details on what's happening. Other posts in this thread point out that the launcher simply self-terminates. Our Support Team would be glad to investigate the issue, please submit a ticket detailing the issue.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#22 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 04:33 PM

View PostScapes, on December 14 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

In order to determine the problem, we'll need more details on what's happening. Other posts in this thread point out that the launcher simply self-terminates. Our Support Team would be glad to investigate the issue, please submit a ticket detailing the issue.

Well, for me, the installer doesn't download all the files, then when I launch the launcher, it lets me log in, then it starts to download a 53 MB update then closes and hides in the process' doing nothing, the longest it's been there has been 7 hours.

#23 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostScapes, on December 14 2012 - 04:01 PM, said:

Well, I've already sent tickets on CB events regarding this same problem, and the support was simply incapable to give USEFUL help. It's the same "bla bla bla update your drivers, Java, .NET bla bla bla"

Keep in my mind that when someone creates a topic about an issue like this, it's because that user tried EVERYTHING he/she could to solve it. But when even the official support team doesn't care about these issues, what can you do_ If the support really cared about these issues it would be solved on CB1 already.

Shame...

#24 Zombie_Crusher123

Zombie_Crusher123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 10:18 AM

I really fuzzy bunny hate it when I finally get soething cool for a PC and then its like "Noper, fuzzy bunny you fuzzy bunny!" They need to fix this problem!

#25 Zombie_Crusher123

Zombie_Crusher123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 10:22 AM

I also hate it when chats have censors

#26 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted December 15 2012 - 12:25 PM

View Post111psycho, on December 15 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Well, I've already sent tickets on CB events regarding this same problem, and the support was simply incapable to give USEFUL help. It's the same "bla bla bla update your drivers, Java, .NET bla bla bla"

Keep in my mind that when someone creates a topic about an issue like this, it's because that user tried EVERYTHING he/she could to solve it. But when even the official support team doesn't care about these issues, what can you do_ If the support really cared about these issues it would be solved on CB1 already.

Shame...

The suggestion to update your drivers and things of that nature are to determine if there's a greater issue at play. If it isn't third-party influence, then it is indeed our product and that will push it to be addressed.

As for finding it in Closed Beta, this is a new build of the game and launcher.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#27 CeMKu

CeMKu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:09 PM

Posted Image
How fix it_

#28 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostCeMKu, on December 15 2012 - 01:09 PM, said:

Posted Image
How fix it_

You Sir, have the wrong thread.
I'm sure they found a solution on another thread.

#29 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 04:37 PM

View PostScapes, on December 15 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

View Post111psycho, on December 15 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Shame...

The suggestion to update your drivers and things of that nature are to determine if there's a greater issue at play. If it isn't third-party influence, then it is indeed our product and that will push it to be addressed.

As for finding it in Closed Beta, this is a new build of the game and launcher.

A new build that still doesn't work properly.

Answer me, why Meteor Entertainment doesn't give players a direct link to download the full game content_ THAT would be useful.

#30 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 15 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Post111psycho, on December 15 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Answer me, why Meteor Entertainment doesn't give players a direct link to download the full game content_ THAT would be useful.
Because the launcher does delta updates and there's already enough of a strain on the download servers as it is.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#31 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:36 PM

View PostElix, on December 15 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

View Post111psycho, on December 15 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Because the launcher does delta updates and there's already enough of a strain on the download servers as it is.

So then why not redesign it so a Major flaw like this doesn't occur to players_ All we want to do is play the game, we are getting frustrated and resentful. Bring us the cake and we'll be nice.

#32 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 15 2012 - 06:38 PM

Greetings, beta tester. I'd like to remind you that this isn't a full retail launch, and finding and fixing problems in the service is better than just ignoring it and giving a workaround download instead.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#33 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostElix, on December 15 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

Greetings, beta tester. I'd like to remind you that this isn't a full retail launch, and finding and fixing problems in the service is better than just ignoring it and giving a workaround download instead.

Really Sir_ This issue occurs since the ALPHA, is this problem so complicated that we will have to wait until the full release to, MAYBE, see it solved_
At this rate, the full retail will have the same problem, I think devs don't read these forums, or they simply DON'T CARE. Look at the number of topics on this matter since the alpha, is "not giving a damn" a rule of thumb here_

#34 OpT1Free

OpT1Free

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 06:04 AM

I have the exact same problem, yesterday i was playing normaly then today i click the launcher and then a white window appears, do nothing and then go away... No error message no nothing, simply does nothing.

#35 beltegeuse

beltegeuse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 07:06 AM

I encounter a problem with a Bridge connexion with Windows 7. Indeed, when I had the "Brigde connexion", the launcher failded after few seconds (without any errors), but if a delete it ("Birdge connexion"), it's working !
Hope it's help !

#36 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 07:16 AM

And the death toll rises...

You'd be putting a great investment into fixing this problem, more and more people seem to be getting thevsame or similar enough problem.

Now, I'm going to go play some Draw my thing.

#37 Dough15

Dough15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 10:51 AM

Same problem here. The launcher mysteriously closes itself.

#38 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 07:53 PM

Any word on possible solutions_

Just post a list of any solutions that you have tried, whether they worked or failed.
We shall work together to conquer this problem.

Viva la revolution.

#39 Guizmo68

Guizmo68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 11:57 PM

Same problem...
My launcher started to download the first patch of 53Mb, no problem....
But when it started to download the games files of 1900Mb, i had the time to download 50Mb and at this moment the launcher disappear...
No error message or something like that, it just closed alone...

#40 111psycho

111psycho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted December 21 2012 - 09:14 AM

UP you go!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users