HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Launcher not working AGAIN

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

#61 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:41 AM

View PostOpT1Free, on January 03 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

I sent a ticket again 2 or 3 weeks ago and no one replies... I guess ill never play it again.. The number of the ticket is #11752
Bump your ticket with a message, or check on the status (it should explain what the problem is). Tickets should be handled faster than that. At least some sort of response.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#62 Snapuswipe

Snapuswipe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 10:06 AM

Hello i'm new and i'm facing a problem with the game launcher.

Before posting here I used the search funktion according this topic but i didnt found any usefull advice to deal with it, so im posting here now.

the issue: when starting the game, after inserting correct email and password there is a message saying :

"You're not authorized to access this version"

I have no other accounts and have never played this game before.

I downloaded the game from this site, by clicking on the main download button that says "play hawken".

I confirmed my account.

Why am i still not authorized to log in_

Thx for any help

Edited by Snapuswipe, January 05 2013 - 10:08 AM.

#63 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 10:14 AM

If you didn't find any useful advice, then why are you posting in a topic that's not related to your issue_  You're supposed to create a new thread when you can't find a search result, not hijack another thread.  You see how you just proved that you purposely did something wrong_

Account related issues should be directed to support, at the top right of this page.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#64 2d_Lt_R_D_Dash

2d_Lt_R_D_Dash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostRexingox, on December 23 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

View PostSixFootMidget, on December 14 2012 - 09:05 AM, said:

My 'installer' is 17MB, is that normal_
haha i donno
If you don't know, don't respond to it.

#65 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 09 2013 - 01:35 AM

Bumping because I'm unable to log in due to "Loaded patcher. Working..." infinitely.

edit: disregard, DNS outage

Edited by Incapacity, January 09 2013 - 01:43 AM.

last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

#66 2d_Lt_R_D_Dash

2d_Lt_R_D_Dash

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 11:50 AM

I would really like to get some response from the devs on this. I'm having the same issue, and so far opening a ticket hasn't helped.

#67 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted January 09 2013 - 12:11 PM

We are seeing several different issues with the launcher and this thread is calls out several of them. We've been troubleshooting and responding to the players who've submitted tickets and will continue to do so.

One more thing that may help us is including a launcher log with your support ticket. To run the launcher log:

1. Create a shortcut of the HawkenLauncher.exe on your desktop
2. Right click on the shortcut and select Properties.
3. In the Target path add /Window so that it falls outside of the quotes (e.g. "C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe" /Window)
This will launch a separate window which will show a running log as the launcher initializes.
4. Start the Launcher
5. Wait for the Launcher to load up or an issue to occur and then navigate to the window that launched with the HawkenLauncher.
6. In the window, right click and click "Select All"
7. Hit CTRL+C to copy and then past that into a text file to attach to your support ticket

#68 SixFootMidget

SixFootMidget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 07:20 PM

View Post[HWK]MerryAgony, on January 09 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

We are seeing several different issues with the launcher and this thread is calls out several of them. We've been troubleshooting and responding to the players who've submitted tickets and will continue to do so.

One more thing that may help us is including a launcher log with your support ticket. To run the launcher log:

3. In the Target path add /Window so that it falls outside of the quotes (e.g. "C:Program Files (x86)MeteorEntertainmentHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe" /Window)
This will launch a separate window which will show a running log as the launcher initializes.
4. Start the Launcher
5. Wait for the Launcher to load up or an issue to occur and then navigate to the window that launched with the HawkenLauncher.
7. Hit CTRL+C to copy and then past that into a text file to attach to your support ticket

It still has to do with the Launcher either not showing up or not updating

#69 Moderator03

Moderator03

Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted January 21 2013 - 08:18 PM

Keep posts inviting to all members.

#70 Piers_Money

Piers_Money

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 23 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hey guys,

I've had this problem since Closed Beta 2 and I solved it today.  On Windows 7 go to Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Connections tab --> LAN settings.  Uncheck BOTH boxes that say "Automatically detect settings" and "Use automatic configuration script."  Support told me to uncheck just the "Automatically detect settings" box but that didn't work so I unchecked the other too and now it works perfectly.  I hope this helps some of you.

#71 Disentropy

Disentropy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 10:24 PM

I just downloaded the installer for installation on my other computer, and as it tries to update (Downloading...Time...), it abruptly exits and crashes to the Desktop after about 30 seconds.  In fact, the timing is remarkably consistent; it reaches the same point in a ~1600MB download and crashes.  When I start it up again, it restarts the download (grrrr!) and crashes again after getting to the point where it was before.

I tried copying my data from the other installation I have and letting it update (since I haven't played in a few weeks), but I get the same crashing problem.

Is there a fix for this_

#72 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 26 2013 - 10:33 PM

There's no security software that would interfere, right_ Although this shouldn't be a problem, make sure you run the launcher as Administrator. Also make sure the drive isn't full.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#73 Disentropy

Disentropy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:04 PM

Good points, Elix.

In my case, I'm not running any security software, and am running the program as administrator.  The drive has a few hundred GB free.

Thanks for the reply, though.  :-)

#74 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:07 PM

Make sure there isn't anything weird like quality of service on your router or something. Also, is this download being done over a wireless LAN connection (i.e. a laptop with a wireless card)_

#75 Disentropy

Disentropy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted January 26 2013 - 11:14 PM

My router doesn't have any QOS stuff set, and I'm connected to it with a wire.  I'm wondering if it's something on my computer, though.  Let me do some poking around and get back to you, just to make sure...

#76 Raistling

Raistling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:04 AM

View Post[HWK]MerryAgony, on January 09 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

4. Start the Launcher

Hello,

I have the same issue "Unable to load configuration".

I had run the launcher with the "/Winodw" param. There's the logs :

Version: 3.2.1.35
"D:jeuxHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe" /Window
184 active MIME types
WebServer thread running
Loading bundle app (D:jeuxHawkenInstalledHawkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe) (3.2
.1.35)
Added url to whitelist (localhost).
WebServer Listening on 127.0.0.1:50694
Added url to whitelist (solidstatenetworks.com).
Added url to whitelist (snxd.com).
WebGet timeout on socket IO for request 'http://127.0.0.1:50694/app/app.config.x
ml' (15.0:1) -- requesting retry
Failed to create http request handle [0x00000006 GET:/app/app.config.xml:HTTP/1.
1:]
**** Unable to open filename (language-fr-fr.xml) in (D:jeuxHawkenInstalledHa
wkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe)
**** Unable to open filename (language-fr.xml) in (D:jeuxHawkenInstalledHawke
nFilesHawkenLauncher.exe)
Failed to localize (Host)(3960ec4ca5fb5e5d8cdb2cc1c5121c003e426517)
**** Unable to open filename (language-fr-fr.xml) in (D:jeuxHawkenInstalledHa
wkenFilesHawkenLauncher.exe)
Failed to localize (Unable to load application configuration)(dd980e77796dd40e30
71447ef3581f02ff8edc3f)

The launcher seems to search a file named language-fr-fr.xml or langage-fr.xml but I don't have both in the install folder.
Only a en-us.pak in the "locale" folder.

I hope that can help you to solve this problem. I want to try this game :D

#77 MerryAgony

MerryAgony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
  • LocationAt my desk... duh!

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hi -
Try the steps in this support article to resolve the Unable to Load Application Configuration error:

https://playhawken.z...n-configuration

thx,
Merry

#78 Raistling

Raistling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:01 AM

View Post[HWK]MerryAgony, on January 30 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

Hi -
Try the steps in this support article to resolve the Unable to Load Application Configuration error:

https://playhawken.z...n-configuration

thx,
Merry

Thanks for the answer. but I'd already try to uninstall et re install and I have the same problem.

For the Java and framework Microsoft version, you could tell me what is the minimum version for both _

Thanks

#79 kutari

kutari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 31 2013 - 08:39 AM

I have not played hte game at all yet. I have downloaded the game (but everything downloaded in seconds____) and installed the game (which also happened lightning quick) and ran the launcher...

Launcher starts up, says "retrieving manifest" and the progress bar is already full, and then launcher simply closes out, as if I had xed out myself

#80 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 31 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postkutari, on January 31 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Launcher starts up, says "retrieving manifest" and the progress bar is already full, and then launcher simply closes out, as if I had xed out myself

If you're still encountering issues, please contact our Support Team: https://playhawken.zendesk.com/
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users