HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EMP - Overpowered and out of Control!!!! or is it_

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#161 Proctor

Proctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostBeemann, on December 29 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

Also EMP honestly is the best offensive weapon. It gets used far less than it should because a surprising number of Hawken players are averse to being dicks to newbies

A surpsiing number of Hawken players are dicks to newbies. The amount of times I've seen team games with one team having a blatant advantage in levels and skill and no one joins to help the other team is just as dickish, or teaming up on one mech. In fact, most of this game is about being a fuzzy bunny, from chasing down that poor injured mech who has come out of a tough fight, to taking advantage of numbers in a fight etc... sometimes using an EMP is the only way to have a chance to escape or even up the odds...

I used the EMP for a day and got many insults by a number of players... I've gone back to using the HE. Bullying is being dickish too.

Whenever I get hit by an EMP, I just try and avoid getting hit by gunfire and rockets. It can be done.

Edited by Proctor, December 29 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#162 deusex2

deusex2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 06:31 AM

View PostFiraphex, on December 25 2012 - 05:37 PM, said:

Am i the only one that's NOT concerned with the EMP_
I've been hit with it a quite a few times but honestly i don't really care that much. All it means is that i have to switch from attack to defense/dodging for a short period and in the end i still feel i have a decent chance of walking away alive from the encounter.

I've also begun using it myself and find that it's only really good in a few scenarios like when fighting multiple enemies or when your target has no/little chance of escaping or evading. The best use i've found for it is as a kind of a last resort when i'm about to overheat or low on armor and need a few seconds to correct this before engaging in another fight. So to me the EMP is situational.

This means it has to be timed and used correctly to be effective and while getting hit can get you killed, it is rare for it to be unavoidable. So basically it's down to pilot skill just as it is with most things. I mean it really has no effect if you're good enough not to get hit, and that should be a priority no matter if you are hit with an EMP or not.

Running away is only an option for A and B class mechs. Any C class mech that gets hit by EMP is basically dead because of severe lack of mobility. As for EMP being situational, that's a load of fuzzy bunny, because it flies in a straight line, just like TOW, and has a huge radius. So shooting someone's feet with it or make them lend into it during 1v1 is a piece of cake, really.
   CRITICAL ASSIST

View PostDaPheel, on December 03 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Oh, man.... Deus rants make everything better...
   B-listers, screenshots for the Grand kids......

#163 m3km4n

m3km4n

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 08:02 AM

I've had som highly annoying deaths thanks to the EMP. Last night it happended "all the time". Especially fighting against some level 20+ A-mechs. After som serious close quarter fighting and I finally outplayed the ridiculously mobile mechs with my assault, they just pressed the panic button and *pwnd*. Try being chased by a vindictive A-mech for seven secs with your hands tied behind your back and at reduced health.

You pretty much feel cheated out of victory because you brought the wrong counter measure.

That thing obviously has its place in this game, but it feels too much of an "I win" item right  now, being used as a mech-piloting error correction utitlity.

A turret or HE will never turn the tables as fast as an EMP potentially can.

Maybe if you could  use more than one counter-measure pr game or change them during the game, it would be easier to adapt to the EMP spam. But why should I have to pay for a defence against it_ Atleast the counter-measure should have a one time price, equal to the cost of the EMP, and the same cooldown. Then, in the long run the cost-pr-use will go towards zero.

Charging for a re-stock will quite rapidly make the counter-measure more expensive to use than the EMP as the usage increases.

#164 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 08:09 AM

I have a suggestion for once:
Nerf the radius
Get rid of the duration
Instead, have it throw your secondary weapon on cooldown again, and nerf the firing rate of your primary weapon.
Now we can talk duration on the firing rate nerf, but not the secondary weapon cooldown, as it's already set.

EMP at 6:19 - 6:21.
That thing is sh!t. Radius at the size of the globe.

Posted Image

#165 Firaphex

Firaphex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationPolarbear country

Posted December 29 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostBeemann, on December 29 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

The countermeasure works once per life and takes no skill to use
So we`ve got a low skill high reward counter for a low skill high reward item
You dont see how that`s a terrible idea_
Also EMP honestly is the best offensive weapon. It gets used far less than it should because a surprising number of Hawken players are averse to being dicks to newbies
I don't see how it's worse than crippling the orginial item no.
And like you said, low skill high reward item. To balance that you kinda need a low skill high reward counter. And even if you do get hit, the effects of the countermeasures are not instant. You get shut down and then back up again so what they effectively do is reduce the downtime following an EMP hit to 1-2 seconds. Countermeasures are in other words automatic, but not 100% effective. As far as i'm concerned that is a reasonable tradeoff.

So the only flaw as i see it is the fact that each countermeasure carries a cost that is about equal to an entire game, while in that game you can get hit a whole lot more than that 1 time. Now i'm not saying that the countermeasures should be for everyone all the time. That would be the same as crippling the EMP. But it should be a more viable option than it is right now.

So yeah, instead of having an EMP that is meh, i prefer having a counter that i can choose if i want to use or not. And if i choose not to and still get hit, then that's on me.

Still, countermeasures doesn't have to be the only option. I don't see why there can't be an internal that reduces downtime when hit or maybe have a skill for it or whatnot. There are a lot of options if you think about it for a while, none of which require the neutering of the EMP, still has the potential to privide adequate balance while still making it a choice for those who want it instead of a forced nerf across the board.

#166 Firaphex

Firaphex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 08:56 AM

View Postdeusex2, on December 29 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

I've been hit with it a quite a few times but honestly i don't really care that much. All it means is that i have to switch from attack to defense/dodging for a short period and in the end i still feel i have a decent chance of walking away alive from the encounter.

I've also begun using it myself and find that it's only really good in a few scenarios like when fighting multiple enemies or when your target has no/little chance of escaping or evading. The best use i've found for it is as a kind of a last resort when i'm about to overheat or low on armor and need a few seconds to correct this before engaging in another fight. So to me the EMP is situational.

This means it has to be timed and used correctly to be effective and while getting hit can get you killed, it is rare for it to be unavoidable. So basically it's down to pilot skill just as it is with most things. I mean it really has no effect if you're good enough not to get hit, and that should be a priority no matter if you are hit with an EMP or not.

Running away is only an option for A and B class mechs. Any C class mech that gets hit by EMP is basically dead because of severe lack of mobility. As for EMP being situational, that's a load of fuzzy bunny, because it flies in a straight line, just like TOW, and has a huge radius. So shooting someone's feet with it or make them lend into it during 1v1 is a piece of cake, really.
Well, lack of mobility is kinda the prize you pay for going with a C-class isn't it ;)

Also i don't see how the EMP firing mechanic has anything to do with what i said about it being situational_ It's not like you can fire them off one after another so you have to pick when to use it and be aware of when it will be of most benefit. This of course depends on your own playstyle and what situations you are in. Myself i mostly use the EMP as a way to survive while fighting multiple enemies, or to run away when low on armor. But not everyone uses the EMP the same way, hence the situational part. It's just a question on which situations that apply.

#167 Rosengren

Rosengren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationGothenburg, Sweden

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:10 AM

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

So yeah, instead of having an EMP that is meh, i prefer having a counter that i can choose if i want to use or not. And if i choose not to and still get hit, then that's on me.

Your suggestions won't work because they don't go further than slightly tweaking the strongest item in the game. The EMP is a huge crutch. Countermeasures don't make it any better to play against because they cost your match earnings. You will never solve the imbalance of the EMP by pussyfooting around and being scared of scrapping the mechanic. When the problem is with the fundamental design it's pointless to talk about changing its travel arc or whatever. Never mind that nobody wants to make a weak item out of it, they just want it to not be unfun to use and not the single strongest item and overall strongest play you can make.

The solution to a low-skill item with high reward when that item currently rules the game isn't to use a no-skill item with high reward that also eats up your match earnings. It's to make it into a low-skill item with low reward or a high-skill item with a high reward that isn't unfun to be hit by.

#168 Firaphex

Firaphex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostRosengren, on December 29 2012 - 09:10 AM, said:

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Your suggestions won't work because they don't go further than slightly tweaking the strongest item in the game. The EMP is a huge crutch. Countermeasures don't make it any better to play against because they cost your match earnings. You will never solve the imbalance of the EMP by pussyfooting around and being scared of scrapping the mechanic. When the problem is with the fundamental design it's pointless to talk about changing its travel arc or whatever. Never mind that nobody wants to make a weak item out of it, they just want it to not be unfun to use and not the single strongest item and overall strongest play you can make.

The solution to a low-skill item with high reward when that item currently rules the game isn't to use a no-skill item with high reward that also eats up your match earnings. It's to make it into a low-skill item with low reward or a high-skill item with a high reward that isn't unfun to be hit by.
I don't even know how to reply to this.
I mean if you're not going to read what i'm actually writing, not to mention trying to understand the point of it, why bother with the reply_

I've been saying for what, 4-5 posts now that yes, the EMP could use some tweaking, but that i think any major problem is not in the EMP or it's mechanic itself but in it's lack of counters. I haven't specified what those counters should be exactly because there are a lot of possibilites other than just using the countermeasures. Nor have i ever said i had a solution. I've never even mentiond the travel arc and i would think that i've made it abundently clear that i don't think getting hit be an EMP should be "fun".

But i guessed you skipped those parts and just inserted random stuff instead_

Also, scrapping an entire mechanic instead of even trying to solve the problems it has is probably the worst idea i've ever heard. That's the kind of lazy quick-fix solutions that has no place outside a "for-dummies" book. It's kinda the same thing as buying a new computer just because the input language of the keyboard got changed.

Edited by Firaphex, December 29 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#169 Rosengren

Rosengren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:01 AM

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

I've been saying for what, 4-5 posts now that yes, the EMP could use some tweaking, but that i think any major problem is not in the EMP or it's mechanic itself but in it's lack of counters.

What would meaningfully counter the EMP without being a resource drain like current countermeasures, being by far the best defensive item or making the EMP as broken as ever if you don't got it but trivial if you do got it_ I think that the major flaw with what you say is the assumption that the EMP itself doesn't need more than just a tweak. The basic mechanic is extremely powerful and is something we have to seriously ask if we really want in the game. Is it worth it putting in the effort to create a counter to an item that is so good that you will need to use that counter when you could instead just make the offending item sensible from the start_

Suggesting that the EMP needs a counter reveals just how much the EMP warps the game. Do we have specific counters for HE charges_ Radar arrays_ Scramblers_ The shield weakens the use of certain weapons but it isn't absolute. What kind of item would be broadly useful, a good enough counter to the EMP to stop it from being the single best item and also not be mandatory because it counters the EMP_

I'm not really demanding that you answer these questions because neither of us designs games for a living or anything but their difficulty shows that changing the EMP itself requires much less effort. All you need to come up with is a decent item that in a broad sense causes disruption.

#170 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 29 2012 - 12:25 PM

View PostProctor, on December 29 2012 - 06:17 AM, said:

A surpsiing number of Hawken players are dicks to newbies. The amount of times I've seen team games with one team having a blatant advantage in levels and skill and no one joins to help the other team is just as dickish, or teaming up on one mech. In fact, most of this game is about being a fuzzy bunny, from chasing down that poor injured mech who has come out of a tough fight, to taking advantage of numbers in a fight etc... sometimes using an EMP is the only way to have a chance to escape or even up the odds...

I used the EMP for a day and got many insults by a number of players... I've gone back to using the HE. Bullying is being dickish too.

Whenever I get hit by an EMP, I just try and avoid getting hit by gunfire and rockets. It can be done.
I expected everyone to be exploiting it for all it's worth, and there's a difference between flanking, securing points etc. and being a fuzzy bunny to people
Similarly, those incredibly onesided matches are best just capped out or if you can just roll over the other team quickly. If more people swap to that losing side, chances are they'll just lose anyway and get more frustrated.
I really do think we need a surrender vote or similar in this game, along with actually decent matchmaking and restrictions on the matchmaker queue
Also a server browser, so not everyone is forced through the MM gauntlet
But that's all a completely different issue

EMP is pretty obviously OP, using it at all is considered to be pretty dickish right now, particularly if you're halfway decent at the game. 7 seconds of free fire is something you can't not take advantage of unless you're still completely new, and you SHOULD be doing much  more damage than an HE or MG Turret would allow
AND there's no counter for it that doesn't cost a boatload of cash and come with its fair share of strings, and no real applicable skill based counter
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#171 Proctor

Proctor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 01:56 PM

please delete

Edited by Proctor, December 29 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#172 deusex2

deusex2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

Well, lack of mobility is kinda the prize you pay for going with a C-class isn't it ;)

Also i don't see how the EMP firing mechanic has anything to do with what i said about it being situational_ It's not like you can fire them off one after another so you have to pick when to use it and be aware of when it will be of most benefit. This of course depends on your own playstyle and what situations you are in. Myself i mostly use the EMP as a way to survive while fighting multiple enemies, or to run away when low on armor. But not everyone uses the EMP the same way, hence the situational part. It's just a question on which situations that apply.

You haven't played muc C-class mech, haven't you_ C-class mech get a little more HP then Fred, while gaining HUGE hotbox and losing tons of mobility. Not to mention that unlike other mechs, they have no useful active ability and their weapon choice in most cases is inferior to other mechs(exception being Brawler, who has the same loadout as Scout).

Furthermore, your understanding of term "situational" is a bit messed up. Term "situational" means that use of certain ability benefits you on very few, rare occasions. For example, C-class mech's turret mode is completely useless, however Brawler's turret mode regen makes it situationally useful for spawn camping at some maps, during siege mode. Other than that, turret mode is completely useless-that is called "situational."

EMP, on the other hand is anything but situational, it has countless uses and no matter for what purpose yu use it, you only gain from using it. Be that escape tactics, a means to finish off one opponent or use it as crowd control against a group of them-you only gain from using it. That is NOT "situational"
   CRITICAL ASSIST

View PostDaPheel, on December 03 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Oh, man.... Deus rants make everything better...
   B-listers, screenshots for the Grand kids......

#173 Tangible

Tangible

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 12:00 AM

Wow all this arguing back and forth, the way I see it is, if the devs removed the EMP from the game, it wouldn't be a "missed mechanic", the only time it would be missed would be because you're being surrounded by a team of mechs (which you probably deserve to be anyway, if you walk around alone on TDM) and you're able to EMP everyone and get away OR, which can also be likely, take down one or two before running... the reason I say it wouldnt be missed would be, well being grouped is normal and the EMP seems to be something random that doesnt really seem to be needed, and is adding more confusion, hate and frustration to the game then it is fun. And yes we can dodge them, but if they weren't there in the first place, we wouldn't have to at no cost at all to the person who shot it
DUM DUM DUUUUUUUUUUM
Posted Image

#174 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted December 30 2012 - 12:55 AM

One thing that a lot of the pro-EPM crowd doesn't seem to know/understand, or outright disregards, is that in the previous testing phases, the EMP did not have this long of a duration (that I recall anyway).

The devs have been very receptive to making changes as suggested to the community, especially when the majority of said community was in agreement that a given change was needed.  The community was pretty well divided on the EMP during the CBT's, but it was divided on if the duration should be reduced or removed all together, not if it needed to be increased.

This ~7 second duration came out of nowhere and appears to be something to 'strongly encourage' people to buy countermeasures (and by extension HC boosters with MC, AKA real money).  One of the devs themselves even mentioned that the EMP buff and countermeasures was a highly debated subject in their offices.

I like the idea of having it be less effective the farther away one is from ground zero, but I also think that it should be nerfed back to where it was.  Even with a countermeasure (say, it reduced the duration from 4-5 seconds to around 2-3), a few seconds in this game can be the difference between limping away from an encounter and having to respawn.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#175 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:55 AM

One related question which is spinning now on the top of my mind...

How about allowing to use Defensive Items only when you've been hit by an EMP_ Just asking...

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#176 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on December 30 2012 - 04:55 AM, said:

One related question which is spinning now on the top of my mind...

How about allowing to use Defensive Items only when you've been hit by an EMP_ Just asking...
Just wondering how that Hologram that you just dropped in plain sight is working for you now...
Or how that shield you're hiding inside in plain sight is doing for you... (Unless you run and drop it behind you)
Or if that repair kit can out-repair the damage sustained...
Posted Image

#177 Firaphex

Firaphex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postdeusex2, on December 29 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 08:56 AM, said:

You haven't played muc C-class mech, haven't you_ C-class mech get a little more HP then Fred, while gaining HUGE hotbox and losing tons of mobility. Not to mention that unlike other mechs, they have no useful active ability and their weapon choice in most cases is inferior to other mechs(exception being Brawler, who has the same loadout as Scout).

Furthermore, your understanding of term "situational" is a bit messed up. Term "situational" means that use of certain ability benefits you on very few, rare occasions. For example, C-class mech's turret mode is completely useless, however Brawler's turret mode regen makes it situationally useful for spawn camping at some maps, during siege mode. Other than that, turret mode is completely useless-that is called "situational."

EMP, on the other hand is anything but situational, it has countless uses and no matter for what purpose yu use it, you only gain from using it. Be that escape tactics, a means to finish off one opponent or use it as crowd control against a group of them-you only gain from using it. That is NOT "situational"
Nope, i hunt C-class, i don't play it ;) (Tried it, didn't like it).
Never been a fan of the "big but powerfull"-type. But i do think they need to be harder to kill, because i when i see that huge lumbering hulk coming i expect to have to stay on my toes to make it. This is however not the case most of the time. Simply put, hunting C-class mechs would be more fun if they where harder to kill.

And yeah, maybe my idea of situational is a bit messed up. The point i wanted to make in any case was that even if the EMP can be used for almost any situation, it is not an item that can be used all the time, so one has to pick the moments. This as far as i've seen leads to a rather specific usage-pattern depending on the player. And patterns can be predicted, meaning that after a few rounds it is not impossible to get a little bit of a feel for when a certain player is going to fire that EMP.

View PostTangible, on December 30 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

Wow all this arguing back and forth, the way I see it is, if the devs removed the EMP from the game, it wouldn't be a "missed mechanic", the only time it would be missed would be because you're being surrounded by a team of mechs (which you probably deserve to be anyway, if you walk around alone on TDM) and you're able to EMP everyone and get away OR, which can also be likely, take down one or two before running... the reason I say it wouldnt be missed would be, well being grouped is normal and the EMP seems to be something random that doesnt really seem to be needed, and is adding more confusion, hate and frustration to the game then it is fun. And yes we can dodge them, but if they weren't there in the first place, we wouldn't have to at no cost at all to the person who shot it
I would miss it.
I would even miss getting hit by it.

View PostRosengren, on December 29 2012 - 10:01 AM, said:

View PostFiraphex, on December 29 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

I've been saying for what, 4-5 posts now that yes, the EMP could use some tweaking, but that i think any major problem is not in the EMP or it's mechanic itself but in it's lack of counters.

What would meaningfully counter the EMP without being a resource drain like current countermeasures, being by far the best defensive item or making the EMP as broken as ever if you don't got it but trivial if you do got it_ I think that the major flaw with what you say is the assumption that the EMP itself doesn't need more than just a tweak. The basic mechanic is extremely powerful and is something we have to seriously ask if we really want in the game. Is it worth it putting in the effort to create a counter to an item that is so good that you will need to use that counter when you could instead just make the offending item sensible from the start_

Suggesting that the EMP needs a counter reveals just how much the EMP warps the game. Do we have specific counters for HE charges_ Radar arrays_ Scramblers_ The shield weakens the use of certain weapons but it isn't absolute. What kind of item would be broadly useful, a good enough counter to the EMP to stop it from being the single best item and also not be mandatory because it counters the EMP_

I'm not really demanding that you answer these questions because neither of us designs games for a living or anything but their difficulty shows that changing the EMP itself requires much less effort. All you need to come up with is a decent item that in a broad sense causes disruption.
The basic mechanic of the EMP is the same as every stun-mechanic in every other FPS. It's a pretty basic mechanic that has been around for ages. Actually the EMP is a bit less already since you get to keep your vision, making escape and doding an alternative. In most other FPS games all you get is a white/blurry screen and a respawn. But i still firmly think that a stun-mechanic has a place in a FPS-game.

And it should never be trivial to get hit, not by the EMP and not by anything else. Part of what i've been saying is that getting hit should be bad, just like it's bad to be hit with a HE or a TOW and so on. There has been several good suggestions in this thread about how the EMP could be altered to fit in better, but personally i prefer the benefit/drawback choise where you get to choose if you want to be vulnerable or not, and if the choice is not to be then there is a drawback for that benefit. The drawback in this case being your countermeasures slot.

There could of course be other alternatives. The more i thin about it the more i kinda like the idea of an internal that reduces the effect, or a countermeasure/defensive item that you have to activate yourself but that in return is a onetime purchase. I think that an EMP with the same blastradius as the HE (no invisible parts) and a duration of 5-6 seconds would be good. Then bring down the price of countermeasures to 20% of the current price and add an internal that reduces the duration to 2-3 seconds and/or a defensive item that breaks the duration when used.

That way people can choose for themselfs how vulnerable they want to be, and i belive that having the choice is always better than forcing a change across the board by simply removing or nerfing the EMP into a "meh"-mechanic.

#178 Rosengren

Rosengren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 09:14 AM

Why should there be whole new items and moneysinks introduced to make a single item possible to fight against_ Why should players spec their mech against a single item just to have a chance_ Why should the meta and the game itself be centred around the EMP_

As long as the EMP remains the best item to use (and with shorter radius and two seconds lower duration it would still be, by far) then any item that stops it is going to be the best item that doesn't compete for a slot with the EMP. It will effectively be mandatory.

#179 Saint_The_Judge

Saint_The_Judge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationThird World

Posted December 30 2012 - 09:43 AM

I hate EMP from the bottom of my heart. But it's there and we have to know how to deal with it. Looking on the bright side: my happiest moment today was when I managed to kill this dude who emped me in a DM game and even so was unable to finish the job. I imagine how pissed off he got.
Once a girl asked me in a chat: "-ASL_" I answered: "- Very old, impotent, third world." And she got out the room. Posted Image

#180 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 30 2012 - 09:51 AM

View PostSaint_The_Judge, on December 30 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

I hate EMP from the bottom of my heart. But it's there and we have to know how to deal with it. Looking on the bright side: my happiest moment today was when I managed to kill this dude who emped me in a DM game and even so was unable to finish the job. I imagine how pissed off he got.
"It's in the game so deal with it"_
This is beta. We are supposed to talk about balance and tell the devs when something doesn't work.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users