HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cant set high or ultra texture detail

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 SoverignX

SoverignX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 10:41 AM

Hy all!

My problem is if i set high or ultra texture details and restart a game - or not - it back to medium automatically.
And the advanced page is blank. On video settings page.

#2 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:10 AM

I'm having the same problem, and i know my computer can handle it when i select high or ultra it asks if i want to keep the settings i click yes but nothing changes, always on medium textures. any help would be great

#3 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 11:23 AM

Ok, let's try something.  Go to C: -> Program Files(x86) (or simply Program Files if that's the only option you have) -> MeteorEntertainment -> Hawken -> InstalledHawkenFiles -> Binaries -> Win32 -> Right-click "HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping" and Run as Administrator.  When the game has loaded, go ahead and change your settings the way you want it to be and apply.  Then quit the game and start it again normally through the launcher.  When the game is loaded again, check the settings to see if they have been saved.

The Other option is to edit the HawkenSystemSettings.ini file directly, but do not edit that file unless you know what you're doing.  If the above fails, then post what it is you want changed and I'll tell you what to change within that file.

Finally, there are no advanced settings...yet.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#4 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:07 PM

i've tried to run it as administrator and it didn't work, all i am trying to do is set it to ultra textures, the other setting below the texture settings allows me to change it to ultra no problem but when it comes to the texture setting itself, it just stays at medium

#5 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 27 2012 - 07:18 PM

Exit hawken

go to:

Z:UsersXXXXDocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfig

Where Z is the drive you installed hawken to.

where XXXX is your username.

Delete the contents of the config folder.

restart hawken

It should/will rebuild the config files and set them back to factory.

I think you might have done a bit of ini tweaking, and set one of them to read only.  Either way.  That should work.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#6 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 08:35 PM

tried it but that didn't work either, and i never touched any files i just installed it and started it, and noticed i couldnt change the textures any higher than medium. i'm running a windows 7 32 bit with an i7 3.4 ghz processor, with an ati hd7770 if that helps. i think i'm gonna have to wait for the advanced settings feature to be finished before i can make everything ultra

#7 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 27 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well, that certainly is odd.  Why don't open a support ticket and see what they recommend.

I can tell you one thing, the first response they give will be to uninstall, and reinstall.  :blink:

So you might try that and get that out of the way.

#8 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 07:01 PM

alright i will try that, hopefully it works!

#9 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted December 30 2012 - 04:00 PM

You could try reinstalling to C:/Hawken folder instead of default.  If this works then it's a UAC issue.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#10 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 08:22 PM

i havent gotten any support from the support team so i tried that and still nothing. going to open up a new support thread its been a day or so

#11 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted January 01 2013 - 10:12 PM

Please DO NOT open a new ticket, all you will be doing is wasting even more peoples time.   Simply reply back from your already opened ticket.

It is the holiday season in the USA where the support team is located (christmas and new year).  I doubt anyone has been in the office for a few weeks.   Just be patient, They will get back to your when your spot opens up in the queue.  Seriously, do you really think that not having ULTRA level textures are such a high priority_  How about all the others that are simply having troubles even starting/playing the game.  Think about them.

Quit acting like a spoiled brat and enjoy the game.  At least you can play it.

#12 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:44 AM

I too have this problem. Also, shut up with your "others have worse problems so you're a baby".
last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

#13 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted January 03 2013 - 11:51 AM

@Incapacity
Your quote is incorrect, I never said that.  :rolleyes:

BTW Spoiled brat != baby.  There is a difference, spoiled brats are much older than babies, and should know better.

I just think opening 2 tickets for the same very minor problem just because he didn't receive a response during the holiday season is uncalled for.  Thats all.

#14 karpusha

karpusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 11:03 PM

I have the same problem with textures. Can set only medium.

#15 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 01:35 AM

karpusha, did you try my above suggestion_

#16 JustcRyzTaaL

JustcRyzTaaL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 02:13 PM

Same problems xD

#17 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 02:52 PM

I can set ultra, but don't see any difference between ultra and medium.

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#18 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 09:37 PM

i havent received any reply from my first or second support email, which were opened a long time ago. btw its not all that uncalled for, i should be able to change the settings thats how the game is supposed to work and I'm NOT the only one with this problem. oh  and i didnt pay 400 bucks for my graphics card not to test everythings graphics capabilities, and as far as calling me a spoiled brat i'm 21 and i've worked hard for what I have so excuse my french but fuzzy bunny you buddy, talking about uncalled for you're reply was uncalled for which calls for an uncalled for remark. and with my graphics card there will be a huge difference between ultra and medium because medium is fuzzy and grainy and i have particles turned off, as apposed to the screenshots which are picture perfect 1080p (as what ultra settings would look like) and back to the spoiled brat subject, you're an immature prick. i came here to get opinions and suggestions and after waiting almost 2 weeks now to find solution,  i check back to see if there has been any update to find some fuzzy bunny who thinks name calling is cute, i would advise keeping those comments to yourself next time or else another "spoiled brat" might get pissed off. Back on topic, still working on getting this problem fixed. will post back when i get assistance from the support team

#19 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well that was cute...

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#20 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted January 05 2013 - 12:54 AM

@Tsugunai

You mad bro_ B)   Sure sounds like it.

Remember I asked that you NOT open a 2nd ticket for such a trivial problem.  I'm glad to see that you think you are so special that you have to open new support tickets for the same issues multiple times.  I loved people like you when I dealt with them in support.  I'd move their ticket priority down in the queue and let them stew on it even longer, sometimes I'd just close their extra ticket and mark their username as "difficult to deal with".  :blink:

All you are accomplishing by doing that is clogging up the support channels in the first place.  When you realize that if everyone did that, the queue that you are waiting in gets even longer, and even worse yet, once you get contacted and the "problem" looked at, then a few days later you will get contacted again, wasting that persons time that they could of spent helping others with real issues.

Jump up and down some more, maybe you'll get what you want then.

As for your special 400 dollar super duper extra special graphics card, sell it, and buy 4 of what I've got, cause I can run on ultra settings, and I only paid 100 bucks for each of them.  I have 2 in SLI  :o

It must be a problem with your system/ ATI graphics card, because I have been able to run on the ultra setting since Alpha 2.

The graininess you complain of, its supposed to be that way.  Its a filter known as imagegrain.

And BTW, I never called you a spoiled brat, directly.  Scroll up and read it again, carefully, I said quit ACTING like one.  There is a difference.  You should take the time to read sentences carefully instead of inferring what you thought you had read.  This time, slow down, and read it a few times, then you might get it, then again, maybe not.

Cheers.

Thank you, come again.
:D

Edited by SS396, January 05 2013 - 01:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users