HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cant set high or ultra texture detail

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 karpusha

karpusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postmachmanx, on January 04 2013 - 01:35 AM, said:

karpusha, did you try my above suggestion_
The game was originally installed to different folder so it is not UAC. It is turned off on my machine. It looks like this problem can be solved only by developers.

#22 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 10:00 AM

Which folder did you install it to_  Just curious.  Also, try enabling UAC to default and then try changing your settings.  Once the settings are saved you can turn UAC off again.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#23 karpusha

karpusha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 12:28 PM

I installed it to H:gamesHawken  . It is not UAC. If I can change settings from medium to low then it is not problem of UAC. It   didn't help me.

Edited by karpusha, January 05 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#24 Pharacelcus

Pharacelcus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:54 PM

same problem my friend, even tried reinstalling it and everything.
it's a shame, but i still enjoy the game immensly

#25 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 05 2013 - 06:49 PM

How about some people with this problem post their specs in here_ CPU, RAM, video card, video driver version.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#26 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted January 06 2013 - 01:11 AM

Some of them have posted their specs.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet that all the non ultra capable users have at least one thing in common,  ATI video cards.

Hawken is very Nvidia and intel optimized, maybe the ATI cards cannot run the high/ultra textures, maybe its a bug, maybe its meant to be that way, who knows.
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#27 genius2365

genius2365

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 25 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostSS396, on January 06 2013 - 01:11 AM, said:

Some of them have posted their specs.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd be willing to bet that all the non ultra capable users have at least one thing in common,  ATI video cards.

Hawken is very Nvidia and intel optimized, maybe the ATI cards cannot run the high/ultra textures, maybe its a bug, maybe its meant to be that way, who knows.

I have a Nvidia GTX 275 and have the same problem

#28 ConvictRBR

ConvictRBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 12:32 PM

C:UserxxxxMy DocumentsMy GamesHawkenHawkenGameConfigHawkenSystemSettings    

Set TextureDeatailLevel from 1 to 3.   And there you have Ultra on. Start the game up, and check options.

#29 Minnen

Minnen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 05:09 PM

View PostConvictRBR, on January 30 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Set TextureDeatailLevel from 1 to 3.   And there you have Ultra on. Start the game up, and check options.

tried it all, even ran into a secondary problem trying to change "READ ONLY" option of the folder.. this however worked, but shortly after i started the first match i ran out of RAM and the game closed and gave me a pop up about it changing the video quality.. just pointing this out because im not 100% this was a local issue or the game itself has a poor engine/RAM usage.

NOTE: there are two texturedetaillevel values and BOTH have to be changed in order for it to work properly

#30 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostMinnen, on January 30 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

tried it all, even ran into a secondary problem trying to change "READ ONLY" option of the folder.. this however worked, but shortly after i started the first match i ran out of RAM and the game closed and gave me a pop up about it changing the video quality.. just pointing this out because im not 100% this was a local issue or the game itself has a poor engine/RAM usage.

NOTE: there are two texturedetaillevel values and BOTH have to be changed in order for it to work properly
What's your video card and video driver version_ And what version of Windows (and is it 32- or 64-bit_) and how much RAM do you have_

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#31 ConvictRBR

ConvictRBR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 07:55 PM

My card, and RAM_
AMD Radeon 7700HD Series-Latest drivers.
8GB RAM
Windows 7

#32 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:15 PM

Minnen's, actually, but thank you for staying involved in the conversation. :D

#33 Minnen

Minnen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostElix, on January 30 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

View PostMinnen, on January 30 2013 - 05:09 PM, said:

What's your video card and video driver version_ And what version of Windows (and is it 32- or 64-bit_) and how much RAM do you have_

AMD Radeon HD 6670 (1.5GB), Windows 7 x86 (32bit), 4GB DDR 1333.

play all high end games most of them in max res while having background process and this never happened before.. not that i care alot either but its good to point it out in case it was relevant for the game itself

#34 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 08:44 PM

Minnen, contrary to your belief, an HD 6670 is closer to the MINIMUM requirements of this game, aka a 9800GTX.  So you won't be able to run Ultra even if you wanted to.  As for ConvictRBR, unless you have an HD 7770, then you are closer to the minimum and you won't be able to run Ultra.

I know this is about the fact that you cannot even change the setting to Ultra, but I'm pointing out that you won't be able to use it properly even if you could change that setting.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#35 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 30 2013 - 09:08 PM

Unless you're using the /3GB switch, Minnen, that 32-bit OS is going to be the first suspect in the out-of-RAM crash issue you had. The issue about not being able to make your settings stick is almost guaranteed to be because the folder where your configuration settings were stored was somehow set to read-only after the default settings got set up.

The RAM is a different issue. MINNEN ONLY, try this, but read the entire post carefully.

#36 Minnen

Minnen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 30 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostElix, on January 30 2013 - 09:08 PM, said:

Unless you're using the /3GB switch, Minnen, that 32-bit OS is going to be the first suspect in the out-of-RAM crash issue you had. The issue about not being able to make your settings stick is almost guaranteed to be because the folder where your configuration settings were stored was somehow set to read-only after the default settings got set up.

The RAM is a different issue. MINNEN ONLY, try this, but read the entire post carefully.

tested and working, but i must mention that this time i didn't have any process on the background, thanks once more for being helpful and caring Elix.

#37 SoulBreaker_PL

SoulBreaker_PL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hello, i have a same problem i have PC: Dual Core 2,5Ghz @ 3,44Ghz, 3GB of ram DDR 2, Nvidia GTX 460Se Graphic witch 780Mb - latest drivers. Now i try to reinstal game. I have only use medium texture but i use Ultra details. And i use "Razor Game Booster" when i play the game becouse of my low specification. And i have question, what is better for my specification , use Physic by graphic card or use processor for it. In Metro 2033 better otion was then i use grafic card for it but now i do some overclocking.

Edited by SoulBreaker_PL, February 10 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#38 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted February 10 2013 - 08:07 PM

SoulBreaker_PL, turn PhysX off. Your computer's just not strong enough to handle it. Run detail at high or medium.

#39 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 10:07 PM

I agree with Elix.  Your graphics card is actually fine but perhaps you could post the name of your Dual core, Like AMD ___ or Intel ___ .  You're better off starting your settings at Medium and then trying higher settings, all with Physx OFF.  Remember to test your settings during firefights, which is the true test.  If the FPS is fast enough then you could try increasing the settngs.  But if your FPS is slow then go to lower settings.  Do this until you get the proper FPS during a firefight.

Oh, and hopefully you don't have 310.90 drivers when you mean latest, cause those cause issues with the game.  Here is the proper method to downgrade to 310.70:-

-If you have a Gigabyte Video card, check for the Gigabyte Utility (or OC Guru).  If you find it, UNINSTALL!
-Download 310.70 drivers from Geforce.com (choose beta and legacy drivers option)
-Download Driver Sweeper 3.20 (NOT Driver Fusion!)
-Install Driver Sweeper, but don't run it yet
-Uninstall Nvidia drivers from Windows Control Panel -> Add/remove programs (will require restart)
-Press F8 a few times right at the end of the BIOS screen (1st thing to show up on the screen) and choose "Safe Mode"
-Run Driver Sweeper and check "Nvidia - Display" and "Nvidia - Physx" and choose Clean (will require restart)
-Install downloaded Nvidia Drivers.  Uncheck the 3D options and Nvidia Update option (useless, will require restart)
-Done. Test the game.

Why not simply check "clean install" on the Nvidia installation_  Because it doesn't do a clean install; it only deletes profiles.  So old system files remain behind.  That's why you do it with the above method.

#40 Tsugunai

Tsugunai

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 08 2013 - 11:21 PM

just updated to the latest version, game looks way better but textures still revert back to medium everything else stays the same havent played in months but its fully playable now, no more fuzzyness on everything. "i hope this gets fixed soon i'm
spoiled and impatient" lmao freakin douchebag. i still think its funny how you could call someone a spoiled brat when we're talking over the internet, and also saying someone is acting like a spoiled brat, means you're also calling them a spoiled brat i mean really dude starting an arguement over the internet_ you can call me a spoiled brat all you want but that doesnt make you any less of a douchebag. have you ever heard of a thing called lost emails_ i opened another ticket in case the first one got lost because i wasnt receiving a reply, after i opened the second support ticket i got my reply. so if you were trying to prove to me how thick headed you are, you succeeded

Edited by Tsugunai, June 08 2013 - 11:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users