HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buff UP The Heavy Mechs, Please

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted January 09 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostGaizokubanou, on January 09 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Now if you said "I played over 100 games and have recorded all to show how dominant C class could be" that's way stronger than "I saw C class dominate one game".

Ok, well, my experience is not just my own, but spans across several of my friends in-game as well. We've all dominated dozens of games in Brawlers, and while I used to main Brawler, several of them still do and still play it almost exclusively.

Edited by Ace4225, January 09 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#82 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 09 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostAce4225, on January 09 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostGaizokubanou, on January 09 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Now if you said "I played over 100 games and have recorded all to show how dominant C class could be" that's way stronger than "I saw C class dominate one game".

Ok, well, my experience is not just my own, but spans across several of my friends in-game as well. We've all dominated dozens of games in Brawlers, and while I used to main Brawler, several of them still do and still play it almost exclusively.
which is still less credible than numbers and video evidence
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#83 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted January 09 2013 - 10:39 PM

Anecdotally, as a brawler player, I don't generally have problems playing on Sahara, but Alleys gives me no end of trouble. Which seems to be backwards from conventional wisdom. But that could also be because there are a few rooms in alleys where enemies never seem to stop spawning on you until you die. :(

I understand that my word isn't technically credible, as I have little specific proof of my performance in any given match, and only a few small recordings. But again, anecdotally, as someone who mains Brawler, I do extremely well in almost every match I play, whether it be against 'pubs' or against other members of BSB, DAD, SK, ROAM, Dirtnap, whatever, provided I can actually ass myself into playing seriously and have been warmed up, like anyone else.
Blah blah anecdotes blah blah not scientific enough - believe me, I understand if I can't back up my words with hard numbers there's no foundation to what I'm saying. I have been playing Brawler since CB1 (I played.. something in Alpha) and across whatever buffs or nerfs or what have you to Brawler I have been pretty consistently able to make it work well enough for me that I have little impetus to play other classes, apart from the small urge to level other things up.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#84 AbyssDevil

AbyssDevil

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 09:58 AM

I fail to see the debate here seriously. I played some 50 games alrdy and i can tell you just two words: REV and Hellfire. I am playing A class mech right now and when i have to go one on one vs a C class i feel like "oh fuzzy bunny that this fuzzy bunny has more HP than the Eiffel tower. If you take your time to think you will realize that the heavies are REAAAAAAAAALY hard to kill, you only need some points in the defence tree and you can take 2 enemies at once with little problem. The firepower a C class has is absurd compared to A class. My berserker needs to deliver 3 Tows and good amount of assault rounds to take down a C class mech. On the other hand if I get a voley of hellfire i can kiss my ass goodbye. You would probably say "YEA but your mech is really fast you can dodge it.". O reaaaaally well in a good old fashioned mele where you are stuck between one B and one C class good luck being fast. You just get shredded in an instant. The C class mechs can take a LOT of punishment they have the ABSL unbalanced REV. So keep telling me how you are slow and how your mechs need upgrades in speed.

#85 Akaon

Akaon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted January 10 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostAbyssDevil, on January 10 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I fail to see the debate here seriously. I played some 50 games alrdy and i can tell you just two words: REV and Hellfire. I am playing A class mech right now and when i have to go one on one vs a C class i feel like "oh fuzzy bunny that this fuzzy bunny has more HP than the Eiffel tower. If you take your time to think you will realize that the heavies are REAAAAAAAAALY hard to kill, you only need some points in the defence tree and you can take 2 enemies at once with little problem. The firepower a C class has is absurd compared to A class. My berserker needs to deliver 3 Tows and good amount of assault rounds to take down a C class mech. On the other hand if I get a voley of hellfire i can kiss my ass goodbye. You would probably say "YEA but your mech is really fast you can dodge it.". O reaaaaally well in a good old fashioned mele where you are stuck between one B and one C class good luck being fast. You just get shredded in an instant. The C class mechs can take a LOT of punishment they have the ABSL unbalanced REV. So keep telling me how you are slow and how your mechs need upgrades in speed.
Rev-GL will get nerfed, yes. Other than that, hellfires are easily dodged, especially on an A mech. Overall, C-mechs don't have more firepower. And no, i'm saying you CAN dodge hellfires, i'm saying you SHOULD be dodging them.

Play the game more, you'll start realizing this eventually. Also try playing C-mechs for yourself and see how well you do overall, don't base everything off of your experiences with berserkers.

#86 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 11:53 AM

I personally think it all comes down to teamwork. C mechs are easy to outmaneuver in an A mech, But if you actually support your "support" mechs, (I.E Sharpshooters, Rocketeers, Grenadiers, Brawlers) They suddenly become a near unstoppable force. Even though my claim here is completely anecdotal, if you watch closely, teams that have at least 1 C class mech usually have an edge over a team that does not. IMO people seem to think this game is your casual FPS where little to no teamwork is required. I'm sorry to burst their bubble, but it's not. C mechs might need a slight speed boost and a little tweaking of their turret mode, but they're powerful enough as is.

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#87 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted January 10 2013 - 12:04 PM

Had a BSB match last night ALL C's team won vs a mix of all mechs.
Its not that C's are underpowered its a play style that some arent good at (myself included). My previous statement stands where buffing all speeds would be nice and bring up the speed of the game. It would also bring C's in line for objective matches. Which is what i feel the C class is missing right now. Other then that the weapons need to be fixed not the Class..

(AGAIN i choose to ignore turret mode for the moment because everyone knows)

Edited by Etan, January 10 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

#88 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted January 10 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostEtan, on January 10 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Had a BSB match last night ALL C's team won vs a mix of all mechs.
Its not that C's are underpowered, its a play style that some arent good at.

^This
Just because you're a C mech (I see this a lot in pugs) doesn't mean you can "rambo" everything. People often overextend themselves in matches and become outnumbered quickly.

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users