HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Buff UP The Heavy Mechs, Please

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 10:20 PM

I spent a lot of time on the Granadier Mech with upgrades and leveling. Then I Started using the Heat Cannon.
Problem was, kills were hard and virtually impossible to archive.
Targeting and charging shots at the same time was frightening and resulted in my countless deaths.
Found my fuel and speed was so slow and emptied so fast, unable to escape, get to cover, dodge etc
I always found myself at the end of the scoreboard scraping for scraps
Tired and frustrated of having to play and shoot peek and boo , I ditched my lvel 22 Granadier and bought myself a infiltrator:
To cut a long story short. The whole game changed for me, more fast, more involvement with team mates in the heat of the battle and now I can see my name in the top 4 if not top 3 , with no internals and at below level 5 .
I was so stupid and foolish to have wasted my efforts and time and credits on the heavy mech, never ever even used the turret mode (utter useless ) and a waste.
Please beef up the speed, agility of the heavy class mechs and give us options to equip auto guns as well .

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#2 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted January 04 2013 - 10:24 PM

I understand why you may think they need a buff, but simply because you could not do well does not mean that the mechs themselves are bad. They may be slower but the massive amount of health they carry is a huge advantage. The only form of buff C class mechs need is a reworked turret ability.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#3 Sajjah

Sajjah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 10:49 PM

I agree with above post.  Being a heavy forces you to play smarter, making each movement count.  I think as an A or B class mech, the game is much more forgiving in terms of movement.  It's easy to zip around corners and run circles around your enemy.  As a C class, you must always know the area's escape points, cover points, and where you are in relation to your team.  If you're caught with your pants down, you will rarely survive against a good A class pilot.  You play the heavy guns, not the front line brawler (except the actual brawler mech).

At this point, heavy mechs desperately need a useful special ability.  Turrent mode is only used for lols.

Edited by Sajjah, January 04 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#4 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted January 04 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postmarshalade, on January 04 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I understand why you may think they need a buff, but simply because you could not do well does not mean that the mechs themselves are bad. They may be slower but the massive amount of health they carry is a huge advantage. The only form of buff C class mechs need is a reworked turret ability.
Nonononono.
They totally need to be faster. Their health advantage isn't all that great. Often it's completely nullified by random stray fire and puts you on equal ground with a CRT, but without the mobility.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#5 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on January 04 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Nonononono.
They totally need to be faster. Their health advantage isn't all that great. Often it's completely nullified by random stray fire and puts you on equal ground with a CRT, but without the mobility.

Everything needs to be faster. C's are in line with the rest of the classes. Besides the Brawler, their role is mid to long range support. Do they really need to be zippier_

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#6 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:12 PM

View Postmarshalade, on January 04 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

Do they really need to be zippier_
Yes, the CB3 speed gap was enough. I do however think that everyone needs to be faster and a bit tankier
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#7 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:17 PM

Everything but A classes need a speed boost.

I have no idea why their speed was nerfed <_<
Posted Image
*sigh*

#8 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 04 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

The mind of a developer is very mysterious.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#9 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostSylhiri, on January 04 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 04 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

The mind of a developer is very mysterious.
Mysterious thoughts of developers in
Posted Image
Anyway, hopefully they'll go back to the speed values from closed beta (the earlier the better)

Edited by Juodvarnis, January 04 2013 - 11:26 PM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#10 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:25 PM

I tried a C-mech two days ago...
IT WAS HORRIBLE!

That's all I can say about it, but I don't know how to use the damn class efficiently.
And that's surprising considering I spent a whopping ten minutes in the thing!
Posted Image

#11 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image
I'm mainly a Rocketeer. Which is a C-class and has rubbish weaponry! But damn i love its chassis design. Looks kind of like a bird, like a raven
Posted Image
*sigh*

#12 Omega22

Omega22

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted January 04 2013 - 11:48 PM

And i thought i was in the twilight zone . Even in walk speed is like at turtle pace. I will play my infiltrator and as i was homing my skills on the heat cannon , i will use it in combination with speed.

If and when they do get a speed buff ( fingers crossed here) , i will hop back on my granadier. But for now is all the way infiltrator ,  i can truly say that i am enjoying the game more than before.

I was forced to take this path. Until they speed up the heavy boyz , i shall be on the light class mechs

Edited by Omega22, January 04 2013 - 11:49 PM.

I see DeaD HawkeN PilotS and they all are  NooBS !

#13 Spaceork

Spaceork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 04:55 AM

I play the Brawler heavy mech.
I play mostly SIEGE and TDM.
I often end up the 1. in the whole game, most of the times in the top 3. Don't get me wrong, this is not a brag post!
What I'm trying to say is, that atleast the brawler is a really good mech and doesn't need boosting in any way.
You can one vs. one almost all class B mechs. The best way is just charge into them and spam flak and tow, while throwing a HE charge.
Because you have 200 or so more armor, even if you take damage from your own TOW, the enemy takes damage from his own TOW too and he dies while you have more than 200 armor left.
Against Class A mechs and Class B mechs that can play (they fly around you), the best way is just to use your TOW. What i see poeple do wrong is, that they dont use the second right-click to explode their TOW in mid-air. While the small mechs are fast, they die in 3 indirect TOW hits.
I don't use my special ability though. It is kind of good for defending AA batteries, but the loss of movement makes you even a better target for all the fast mechs. Atleast for a Brawler mech the special ability could be changed.
I admit i don't play rocketeer or grenadier, but they too seem viable as i see people being good with them (atleast in siege).
The problem with Class A mechs is, that a LOT of people own them, and got high lvls on them, so you usually see them in the top positions. That is partly because people don't use the TOW secondary function.
Just my 2 credit-cents.

#14 Kronguard

Kronguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLatvia.

Posted January 05 2013 - 06:03 AM

First of all,learn to play properly.
Second of all,C class is fine,go away.
Posted Image
   I dreamed a thousand new paths...I woke and walked my old one.

#15 Kronguard

Kronguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLatvia.

Posted January 05 2013 - 06:04 AM

Nonononono.

Everything needs to be faster. C's are in line with the rest of the classes. Besides the Brawler, their role is mid to long range support. Do they really need to be zippier_

The brawler is what_ mid to long_ rofl,brawler is one of few classes that are supposed to be up close in your face.....
Posted Image

#16 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostKronguard, on January 05 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Nonononono.

The brawler is what_ mid to long_ rofl,brawler is one of few classes that are supposed to be up close in your face.....
Learn to read, dimwit. "BESIDES THE BRAWLER"
C-classes need to be faster though

Edited by Juodvarnis, January 05 2013 - 06:07 AM.

Posted Image
*sigh*

#17 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:20 AM

Faster_ Why_

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#18 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:37 AM

i am sure heavy mechs will get strong buff. they are so terrible atm.
i played brawler till lvl 13. its so terrible. i cant catch targets. shotgun(flak cannon) overheats very fast and do not enough damage compared to vulcan...
defences are very weak too. only ~100 more armor then superman recruit and huge hitbox.

Posted Image

#19 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:44 AM

I have to agree heavy mechs need a useful ability and to move at least 1-2m/sec faster they are underpowered at the moment.

light mechs with emp atm are the best in the game (some exceptions apply)

#20 Kronguard

Kronguard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLatvia.

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 05 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostKronguard, on January 05 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Nonononono.

Learn to read, dimwit. "BESIDES THE BRAWLER"
C-classes need to be faster though

Use commas properly,otherwise your sentence changes meaning.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users