HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Small cockpit with bigger monitor (21:9 fromat, 2560x1080)

Screenshot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tochan01

tochan01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hello,

i have my new Monitor. Is a DELL U2913WM. This monitor have not the normal 16:9 format (1920x1080). I have (21:9, the cinema format) 2560x1080 pixel. now, when in play hawken, the game "zoom" the cockip. I change the field of view up to 90 but i can't see 100% of the radar.

here is a screenshot.
2560x1080, field of view 90, all max details.
Posted Image

here is a screenshot (not from me) with 1920x1080. is a smaller resulution but i can see more....
Posted Image

i hope i can use my bigger screen in the future. at his time, i don't play hawken, i miss a part of my radar ^^...

sorry for my bad english ^^

#2 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 05 2013 - 08:41 PM

I don't think this game supports that resolution.  That could be why.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#3 tochan01

tochan01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 03:13 AM

but i can select the resoultion in the options.... when the game don't suport this res., why i can select it_

#4 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 06 2013 - 10:52 AM

Lemme rephrase what I said, the game TEXTURES don't support that resolution.  Sure the game allows you to use that resolution because there are even wider resolutions out there beyond yours.  BUT, they exist because of Eyefinity or Nvidia Surround.  The drivers' built in technology is recognized on both the graphic card side and the game side, and hence they work together properly.  But you are just using a single monitor on a single graphics card.  There is no special driver technique that will allow the game textures to work properly on a resolution like yours.

Long story short, the game does ALLOW the resolution, but there is no proper support for that resolution.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#5 tochan01

tochan01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 07 2013 - 12:23 PM

sounds not good... ^^

#6 Therris

Therris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 09:31 PM

Surround! 5760x1080...

#7 kubikiri

kubikiri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted January 14 2013 - 04:58 PM

I had a similar problem when playing bioshock, the game was larger than my screen, i don't know if this will work for you but with some interweb hunting i found that if i (using vista)
  • went into personalization (screen resolution, etc)
  • clicked into adjust font size, which is to the left of all the different personalization options...
  • didn't choose from the two options available, (default 96 or 120), but instead choose make a custom dpi, which i made as simply 100%, now everything fits on my screen...
not sure if i had to restart computer...  of course now all of my icons are smaller on my desktop than before but I think with a little more hunting there's even a workaround for that...

strangely playing mw3 the game wouldn't overlap but just increased my field of view/vision,
but bioshock just let the game expand past the border of the screen....

solutions to monitor issues like that can be found if you google just whats going on with your computer and not necessarily a hawken related issue... hope this helps... if it doesnt... good luck.... (and thanks machman for your input in regards to another issue...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users