HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New Mech Preview: Reaper

Game Beta Preview News

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#201 Tenchzen

Tenchzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted January 22 2013 - 10:37 AM

When are mechs going to have more than 2 weapons to use in combat. or is that just how it is. or a rack of weapons. Please add a lobby cuz in game chat is the only way to talk to others.

#202 Tenchzen

Tenchzen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted January 22 2013 - 10:47 AM

The_Silencer, on January 16 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Posted ImageCulex, on , said:

Posted ImageThe_Silencer, on , said:

And I forgot to mention about this.. I think the SS will probably have to be revised once the Reaper stamps its metal foot on the battlefield. Let's save the SS from the.. so to speak.. obsolete arsenal...
This also possibly worries me. With these current optimization trees, most of my points (>75%) reside in the movement tree. So I basically have been playing it in a "reaper" style because the offensive tree is just garbage for the most part. The SS can take more hits, but myself I'd prefer a faster mech, because I'd rather be able to play close to my team and choose my fights more.

The SS will be more of a rarity when this mech shows up (unless its primary is vastly different than the slug-couldn't tell you) and different enough that the slug is still a preferable option over the auto-sniper to some. Hope to see new tech trees soon.

The SS was my first chassis during Alpha and the first CB. I had a lot of fun piloting the SS.. lots of cunning tactics and lots of kills. Then they nerfed and re-balanced the SS up there. I wish to think that this mech is going to evolve smoothly as we move forward. Probably the Reaper will have less punch than its big cousin... anyways, I'm confident on positive improvements for the SS as well as a big deal of fun while piloting the brand new Reaper's chassis.

P.S. Maybe a new and unique hologram variant for the SS with 2 (not one.. 2) holo-projections might be good idea as well.

Yeah you are so right. The Tech Trees need a HUGE overhaul. Movement is only thing worth doing. after first rung on Offence and Defence are abysmal.

#203 Karaipantsu

Karaipantsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted January 22 2013 - 11:50 AM

Defense tree isn't that bad.  Offense tree is, though.  The Defensive tree actually has noticeable and serviceable changes to your mechs, and I like running the defense tree on my Bruiser.  I haven't put a single point in offense on any of my 25's, though.

#204 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted January 22 2013 - 12:17 PM

Well,
the Bruiser isn't precissely the best example to put in here when we talk about mech classes and their distinct optimization defensive trees. Mostly due to its Special Ability, I'm afraid.. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#205 halo4

halo4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted January 22 2013 - 02:34 PM

Wounder if it's like the brusier_

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Beta, Preview, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users