HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Currency Converter

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Credits to Meteor Points (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see an option to convert your Hawken Credits to Meteor Points_

1. Yes (53 votes [63.86%])

Percentage of vote: 63.86%

2. No (30 votes [36.14%])

Percentage of vote: 36.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Kinzuko

Kinzuko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted May 02 2013 - 09:13 PM

i also think it would be nice if i could convert the pay cash back into the free and have both trade-able along with cosmetic items, deployables, and even mechs them selves
Posted Image

#22 Kulikov

Kulikov

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted May 06 2013 - 11:45 AM

I say no as well. Currently you can already unlock all gameplay altering equipment without meteor credits.

#23 xMoneyShadow

xMoneyShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'd like converting MC to HC, but not HC to MC. MC is the developer's main source of income.

#24 Interrobang87

Interrobang87

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted January 01 2014 - 01:13 PM

I did not read the  majority of posts in here cause I'm playing jenga with  friends BUT i like this idea, even if it's a ridiculous ratio because it would allow you to fill in the MC point gaps between purchases.

For example buying a skin and having 136 points left over or some other amount you can't do anything else with.

You would then be able to dump a bunch of HC to MC to get back up to a useful amount and not waste that 136 mc on nothing
How will you spend eternity_ Smoking or Non-Smoking_
Posted Image
Chillen with the banger

#25 Weezl3

Weezl3

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted January 01 2014 - 04:20 PM

I would say that we should not be given the ability to convert our hawken credits to meteor credits. I say this because a major way that the devs are making the money to continue working on this game is through the sale of meteor credits. If you allow people to use their HC to get meteor credits, then they lose some of that potential revenue.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind being able to trade in my 100k+ excess hawken credits for meteor credits, but there is no really good way to do so without robbing the developers of possible financial capital.
Plus, they already give you 400 MC for just playing the game for an hour. That's generous enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Weezl3, January 01 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#26 Noptics

Noptics

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 07:06 PM

NOtard reportin in.

MC to HC Now that's a much better idea, curse them odd credits...

how much does it cost to maintain servers_ keep producing content/patches_
At which point does the free to play part of the user base transition from being a benefit to being a burden_
IDK, I'm not bean cruncher...
But someone's gotta keep the lights on and broadly speaking it's only the camo coated 'vanity parade' visibly pulling that share of the load. Once you remove that point of pride then what...

If you asked. me I'd be happy see paint jobs needing (ahem) 'regular' maintenance ABBSOLUTELY NOT LINKED TO DAMAGE SUSTAINED, MATCHES PLAYED OR CALENDER DAYS  - combat minutes hours would be fair though...  
AND THINK ABOUT IT...  BRAND NEW/FRESH PAINT JOBS WOULDN'T NEED TO HAVE ANY OF THAT CRAPPY 'WORN LOOK' GOIN ON! eh_ eh_

"Ahhh..   edge to edge colour... gleaming chrome... shutlines you could catch a pube in... that concourse condition, factory fresh look!"

Think how cool you'd look, handbrake 180's, body coloured trim gleaming like the the soaking wet trim of the (STOP! -Ed)

...and pretty easy to implement too (pobably_), even with something like a gradual fade/wear or even simple stages of decay.

Ooh Oo OOH...  what about....  NEONS_!

Edited by Noptics, June 02 2014 - 07:42 PM.

#27 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted June 03 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostInterrobang87, on January 01 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

I did not read the  majority of posts in here cause I'm playing jenga with  friends BUT i like this idea, even if it's a ridiculous ratio because it would allow you to fill in the MC point gaps between purchases.

For example buying a skin and having 136 points left over or some other amount you can't do anything else with.

You would then be able to dump a bunch of HC to MC to get back up to a useful amount and not waste that 136 mc on nothing

For this reason alone I'm all for just straight cash. Skin A costs $4, skin B cost $7, etc etc. Xbox live is dollars, PSN is dollars, Steam is dollars (or whatever currency your country uses). I'm over this credit crapola.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users