HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Currency Converter

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Hawken Credits to Meteor Points (83 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see an option to convert your Hawken Credits to Meteor Points_

1. Yes (53 votes [63.86%])

Percentage of vote: 63.86%

2. No (30 votes [36.14%])

Percentage of vote: 36.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 13 2013 - 05:40 AM

I would really love to have this option in the game at some point. I wouldn't expect the ratio of HC to MP to be low, and I am fine with that as well. I'd be willing to go up to 1000 HC per 1 MP and I'd still do it because it would allow me to spend my HC on something like paints and cosmetics.

Now understand, it could be worse than 1000:1 ratio because it is up to them on how much of a grind they think we should do to get something they want you to pay for. And I'm totally fine with that.

Also I feel this would be a better HC dump than the current choice of counter measures. As counter measures are just a cheap fix to bad mechanics.

#2 Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted January 13 2013 - 06:17 AM

While I would like to see something like this get implemented my first thought when I read this post was I do want the devs to make plenty of cash out this game but then I saw you suggested 1 MP for 1000 HC which seems like a good deal, I mean we seen Guild Wars 2 do something like this and it was pretty successful. So in the end after thinking it over, Yes I would like to see this be put in place but if its not I still would be very happy in supporting the devs using the traditional method and at that ratio I probably would put money onto the game.

Posted Image

Member Of Critical Assist

Member Of The EMP Show

View PostAregon, on May 19 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

And we all know that if Pure first dislikes anything nothing will change that.

#3 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 13 2013 - 02:26 PM

It would curb the people complaining that they could never get a paint job without spending money.. allow another type of horrid grind to get it.

#4 P4THF1ND3R

P4THF1ND3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Location3rd planet from the Sun.

Posted January 13 2013 - 03:53 PM

You do realize you would need to save 324,000 HC to buy a single mech part. I'm sorry but no one is going to save their HC for a year, so they can buy a single part. That ratio is too ridiculous. I would suggest a 1000:10 ratio. It's definitely high enough to warrant a grind, but not so high as to wait a year to get it.
Posted Image

#5 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 13 2013 - 04:18 PM

100:1 seems a bit too low honestly.. that is 2-4 days of play time to get a mech. They are in this for money.. and that is probably a bit too low of a ratio. I just want a HC drop.. and even if it doesn't seem like much it is something.

#6 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted January 13 2013 - 04:51 PM

As a point of reference, World of Tanks allows this at a ratio of 1 gold to 400 'coins' (or whatever they call them), but the gold price for many things is pretty high.

For example, a 50% XP boost for a day is 250 gold.

Myself, I don't see much of a need for a converter.  The only thing that requires MC is the 'I look pretty' stuff, so I have no problems with that costing real money.  I'd much rather have that over 'premium' mechs/ammo (WoT again) or powerful mechs that are MC only (higher end cars in Need for Speed: World and premium tanks in WoT).

Edited by bacon_avenger, January 13 2013 - 09:09 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#7 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted February 10 2013 - 01:58 PM

The MC are roughly 10 times more valuable than the HC.  I do however earn at least 100 HC in a single match...
An average player (like myself) wants to get a mech, all of which costs 6410 HC or 720 MC, it would take more time to garner MC than HC.

A ratio of 1:100 sounds like too much, let us do the math...
Those players who've placed all that effort to buy a paint job have to get into the tens-of-thousands to get anywhere with that conversion rate on most items.  I have little patience for grinding for making my mech look the way I want.

a 1:10 ratio should help as of now, but...

Edited by Frouste, February 10 2013 - 01:58 PM.

"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#8 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted February 10 2013 - 02:32 PM

50:1 ratio sounds better than 1000 to 1. Not sure if this is a good idea but it seems like it can't do much harm :)
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#9 _Caffeine_

_Caffeine_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted February 10 2013 - 05:18 PM

Not at home to check the prices and do the math but a new paint job costs what...about $2 if you buy a $5 increment of mc_

If I get bored of playing tonight (don't hold your breath) I'll figure out the $ amounts for cash only customizations at the different purchasing tiers.

I understand there are people without access to a credit/debit card to make a purchase.  I was a kid once.  But I think once we see how cheap it is to buy some of this stuff we won't be worried about grinding out HC to convert to MC at some ridiculous exchange rate.

#10 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 10 2013 - 10:01 PM

I say no, because the devs need to make money somehow for all their hard work. If they do put a ratio in, make it something ridiculous like a 100 or 200:1 ratio. 10:1 is terrible, devs won't make any money like that.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#11 ClutchCrusher

ClutchCrusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationThe 'Couve

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:39 PM

A paint job would be cool, but whatever, I just want to get my primary and secondary weapons upgraded. I get it that they have to make money somehow, so I'm not opposed to having some pay-to-play elements to the game. I just REALLY hate those damn EMPs that buggers buy. I try look at it like a learning curve, if your good, those pay-to-play toys won't do squat but distract you as I (try to) reign death on your pudry mech with my fugly little ol' Noob-Box. :-) Then again I have only had the game a few days, and my buddies are praying the end of my Hawken rants. All said and done, a GREAT game!!!
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

#12 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted February 12 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostClutchCrusher, on February 11 2013 - 10:39 PM, said:

I get it that they have to make money somehow, so I'm not opposed to having some pay-to-play elements to the game. I just REALLY hate those damn EMPs that buggers buy. I try look at it like a learning curve, if your good, those pay-to-play toys won't do squat but distract you as I (try to) reign death on your pudry mech with my fugly little ol' Noob-Box. :-)
What pay to play things_

The only thing that costs MC only (real money) are cosmetic things like skins and bodies.  Nothing that affects game play like internals and items (turret, EMP) is real money, they can be bought with hawken credits or meteor credits (pay for convenience/avoiding the grind). :)

Edited by bacon_avenger, February 12 2013 - 08:58 PM.

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3

#13 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted February 12 2013 - 09:30 PM

Paint my mech up really nice, I've converted my HC.

(to the tune of 'Cut My Life into Pieces.')
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#14 LittleDuke5

LittleDuke5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:24 AM

If you voted no..you're a tard.

#15 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted March 06 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostLittleDuke5, on March 06 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

If you voted no..you're a tard.
No need to call people tards.
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#16 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 03:00 PM

I voted no.

In something like WoT, where there is game affecting items that are available only with real money currency, sure, it keeps the game from being pay to win.

However, Hawken has no such things.  Cosmetics are not game effecting, and boosters help avoid the grind to get Hawken credits for those game effecting items.

It's how the game makes money.  If you want to look fancy or don't want to grind as much, 'pony up' some real money and get some Meteor credits.

Edited by bacon_avenger, March 09 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#17 c0mad0r

c0mad0r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA. USA

Posted March 09 2013 - 03:14 PM

I voted no.

If this were to happen, the game would shutdown due to lack of funds. Don't have a skin_ Pony up and pay for it. Don't want to pay_ Quit complaining and deal with it. It's not like World of Tanks where you need to spend $100 to have descent gear... it's a skin!
It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools. Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers. -Illiad

Check out my: HAWKEN MUMBLE SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN TEAMSPEAK SKIN
Check out my: HAWKEN INI's EXPLAINED

#18 Nemasis

Nemasis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 04:41 PM

i voted yes, purely because i want stuff as soon as i see it, but this game is incredible, it blows me away that they would'nt release this game at a $100 price tag to it, it is just that good....
so if i can't have a box with a disc, ill happily spend $100 on their coins to get some more mechs to play with....
but being they have no desire to release a box/cd then thats why i click 'yes'....
really think a price tag for the game and a experience system to open the mechs up would be alot better then online coin purchase...
but what ever they do is what i will play with... this game rokkz.

#19 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 10 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostNemasis, on March 10 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

i voted yes, purely because i want stuff as soon as i see it, but this game is incredible, it blows me away that they would'nt release this game at a $100 price tag to it, it is just that good....
so if i can't have a box with a disc, ill happily spend $100 on their coins to get some more mechs to play with....
but being they have no desire to release a box/cd then thats why i click 'yes'....
really think a price tag for the game and a experience system to open the mechs up would be alot better then online coin purchase...
but what ever they do is what i will play with... this game rokkz.

that would defeat the purpose of "free to play"

Posted Image

#20 Zanzibar

Zanzibar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 06:27 PM

No, you want pretties, pay for them. That's the business model. You forgetting you get to play a great looking, fun, well-made game for free_ Adding a means to circumnavigate the Meteor credit system to get things that are purely cosmetic would only hurt the developers and the game. Being young isn't an excuse. Go mow some lawns, shovel some snow, get a paper route, wait for your birthday. Or suffer the awful fate of having to play a free game without being a different colour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users