HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

C Class Mechs which is strongest*you opinion*

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Class C mech you think is strongest_ (201 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Class C mech you prefered or think is the strongest_

1. Brawler (72 votes [35.82%])

Percentage of vote: 35.82%

2. Rocketeer (55 votes [27.36%])

Percentage of vote: 27.36%

3. Grenadier (35 votes [17.41%])

Percentage of vote: 17.41%

4. Vanguard Cupcake (39 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GNT0000

GNT0000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCelestial Being's Ptolemaios 2

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:15 PM

Which you prefer or think is strongest_ If you can, provide a reason why. Please :lol:

Edited by GNT0000, January 16 2013 - 10:18 PM.

Posted Image
ガンダムOO!(俺がガンダムだ!/ I AM GUNDAM!)

#2 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted January 16 2013 - 10:24 PM

Brawler: Flak + TOW combo is beast. It works at close and long range. BTW, this is assuming Grenadier gets nerfed after the next patch and they fix stun lock. But as it stands, its pretty difficult getting kills with a Gren (IMO)
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#3 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 17 2013 - 12:57 AM

I will not vote, because i think that Grenadier is the strongest (because it's overpowered), but i prefer using my rocketeer, which is easily the worst mech of all. ^_^
Posted Image
*sigh*

#4 -Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted January 17 2013 - 03:23 AM

Brawler, undoubtedly. Grenadier and Rocketeer have their advantages, but I've been landing so many more kills with the Brawler than both of the other two.

I've seen some really good players with the other two, however. They all do quite well in the right hands. :)

Edit: I have the Vanguard Cupcake, but I haven't yet used it. Got killed by it quite a lot, but not nearly as much as by Brawlers.

Edited by -Tj-, January 17 2013 - 03:24 AM.

#5 Umbre

Umbre

Cat/Xeno Hybrid

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationVictoria, Canada

Posted January 17 2013 - 03:34 AM

A Grenadier can fire the REV-GL non-stop for up to 23 seconds before overheating. That is equal to a potential 2162 damage at 96 DPS.
You know what the AR's stats are_ 16 seconds before overheat, with 1360 potential damage at 85 DPS. And the AR is actually considered overpowered due to the unnecessary buff it was given between Closed Beta 3 and the current Open Beta.

#6 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted January 17 2013 - 06:58 AM

I like my bruiser, tow+SA Hawkens is surprisingly effective at defense and cleaning up stragglers after a firefight

Posted Image

#7 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:09 AM

I would vote for brawler, but i'm not a close range player lol.Furthermore i think the grenade laucher it's deadly weapon(i have it on my infiltrator).

#8 RavenCaspian

RavenCaspian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSentium

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:17 AM

Brawler. Dat heal while deploying its turrets.
Posted ImageThe lazy slacker...

#9 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostRavenCaspian, on January 17 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Hahaha, so true!
Literally the only turret mode that has it's uses!

And by that i mean sitting at the AA.
Posted Image
*sigh*

#10 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted January 17 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 17 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

I will not vote, because i think that Grenadier is the strongest (because it's overpowered), but i prefer using my rocketeer, which is easily the worst mech of all. ^_^
Took the words right out of my mouth

#11 WarProtocol

WarProtocol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted April 05 2013 - 07:41 AM

I can see why people go for Brawler answer, but I personally excel at rocketeer.
Ofcourse short distances and slik scouts and infiltrators are often a problem, but once you get the hang of rocketeer and truly understand all of its mechanics, there are ways to suprise those pesky close distancers  :-)
I think Rocketeer is the strongest, because its a major addition to the team play- a sort of heavy support, artillery, and this one in my opinion spreads the most panic in the enemy lines, once they hold a point and see rockets flying at them, flushing them out of a strategic point.
HWK_Wallpaper1440x900.jpg
PL-1683:Obliteratus - Rocketeer
L2: Spark  - Scout
L2: Thunder Wasp - Reaper
"War, war never changes..." Touche!! :D

#12 WarProtocol

WarProtocol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted April 05 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostJuodvarnis, on January 17 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

View PostRavenCaspian, on January 17 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Hahaha, so true!
Literally the only turret mode that has it's uses!

And by that i mean sitting at the AA.

So true. I personaly don't use turret mode on my rocketeer, I see it a bit pointless. Rockets are not effective at close distances, when pilots duck, you pretty much owned in that turret mode. I really wish they changed his special ability to something more rocketeer like - a major rocket area strike from air. To balance that I would make it a long preparation (6-10sec_) to fire this load, and ofcourse it would hit random spots in the given circle.

#13 deusex2

deusex2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted April 05 2013 - 09:15 AM

Necro much_ :)
   CRITICAL ASSIST

View PostDaPheel, on December 03 2013 - 11:55 PM, said:

Oh, man.... Deus rants make everything better...
   B-listers, screenshots for the Grand kids......

#14 tease_it

tease_it

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Locationjust outside Illinois' border

Posted April 08 2013 - 09:28 AM

I would vote rocketeer if the "mobile turret" mode were a lot more "mobile".  Otherwise, I'm gonna go with Brawler.  Everyone poops themselves when they see one or two of them storming the AA.  :-)
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]If violence isn't solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.[/font]

#15 tease_it

tease_it

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Locationjust outside Illinois' border

Posted April 08 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostWarProtocol, on April 05 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

I can see why people go for Brawler answer, but I personally excel at rocketeer.
Ofcourse short distances and slik scouts and infiltrators are often a problem, but once you get the hang of rocketeer and truly understand all of its mechanics, there are ways to suprise those pesky close distancers  :-)

Care to share those close-range rocketeer tips_  I've been having major struggles going toe-to-toe with those A-classes.
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]If violence isn't solving all your problems, you simply aren't using enough of it.[/font]

#16 Frouste

Frouste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted April 09 2013 - 02:50 AM

I haven't encountered many cupcakes, so I really have to discount them for sheer lack of experience with/against them.
Grenadiers are instantly respectable in my eyes for their ability to flush opposition out of cover.
Brawler and Rocketeer are pretty obvious in the respect they command in any team's setup.
"... And I gazed once more unto the looking glass, but with a clear and unclouded will..."

#17 WarProtocol

WarProtocol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted April 18 2013 - 04:32 PM

View Posttease_it, on April 08 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

View PostWarProtocol, on April 05 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

Care to share those close-range rocketeer tips_  I've been having major struggles going toe-to-toe with those A-classes.
/

Maximise balance between movement and defense. Increased fuel units, reduced dash cooldown, both walk increase in def and mov skill tree, increased armour, reduced repair times etc. all in all, about 12 in defense and 13 in movement. then as offensive internal: explosive munition, defensive: armor, and thrusters. A style of a slick rocketeer, fast dodging, tough. Then once scout or infiltrator gets close to You by suprise, you can dodge away and fly away, backing out, but firing rain of missiles on him as you do. For active items I got rocket turret and repair charge. Very helpful in those quick cover situations.
I hope that helps in some way :) Have fun trying it out!

Edited by WarProtocol, April 19 2013 - 05:37 AM.

#18 WarProtocol

WarProtocol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationBattlefield

Posted April 21 2013 - 12:01 PM

View Posttease_it, on April 08 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I would vote rocketeer if the "mobile turret" mode were a lot more "mobile".  Otherwise, I'm gonna go with Brawler.  Everyone poops themselves when they see one or two of them storming the AA.  :-)
Good point. I do not see or feel the difference between mobility while in turret mode, there for I don't use it. Extra resistance is fine, but this is the only good thing about it. I wish they changed this ability in rocketeer, and since it is a long distance artilerry purpose mech, I would see some rocket strike ability, nicely balanced. Not too crazy dmg, but wide area or the effect, long preparation (10sec_) long cooldown + this ability could fill 80% of a heat bar. Just a thought, just a playful thought :)

#19 Grizzled

Grizzled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted April 22 2013 - 09:32 AM

its situational but to my play-style, game types I enjoy, brawler is both my go to and what I dread seeing the most.
Iligetimi carborundum est

#20 Kivin

Kivin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 06:18 AM

This thread/poll caught my eye. Particularly so because I invested in a Brawler yesterday and have been completely and thoroughly disappointed with my purchase. I literally can't find a single thing I like about it.

Its size and slowness seem to draw a great deal of enemy fire, and its large profile means that an unfortunate amount of that will hit. I go down in a mere moment or two, definitely not long after my third Flack shot in 1on1 battles. I don't get the second flack off in 1on2 or worse odds. In cases where I'm not drawing fire and can suppress my Flack gun, I realize just how poor it is at doing damage. Maybe it'd be better if I was brushing bumpers with my victim, but then I'm doing friendly fire with my rockets, and its not like I can reliably close distance with the hoards of light and medium mechs out there, being so damned slow.

Edited by Kivin, May 10 2013 - 06:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users