HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

C Class Mechs which is strongest*you opinion*

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Class C mech you think is strongest_ (201 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Class C mech you prefered or think is the strongest_

1. Brawler (72 votes [35.82%])

Percentage of vote: 35.82%

2. Rocketeer (55 votes [27.36%])

Percentage of vote: 27.36%

3. Grenadier (35 votes [17.41%])

Percentage of vote: 17.41%

4. Vanguard Cupcake (39 votes [19.40%])

Percentage of vote: 19.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted May 10 2013 - 08:13 AM

You can't go rushing into the Frey with c mechs. Just be patient, I felt the same about c. Mechs at first, but now I don't mind them so much. Patience is what you need friend.

because bow ties are cool

#22 deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 11:54 AM

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I will not vote, because i think that Grenadier is the strongest (because it's overpowered), but i prefer using my rocketeer, which is easily the worst mech of all. [/font] ^_^

No just no.... It is not op :P
May the unskilled become the most skilled. May the skilled remain the most skilled. Let the newest players have the most fun, and the most skilled have none. Let the skilled have fun, while the new have none. The unskilled maybe the most skilled if you let them be. The skilled may be the most killed if the world allows that. RAISINS!

Posted Image

#23 Steve_Deagler

Steve_Deagler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted May 10 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on May 10 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

You can't go rushing into the Frey with c mechs. Just be patient, I felt the same about c. Mechs at first, but now I don't mind them so much. Patience is what you need friend.

This. As others have said, they're very situational, support-oriented mechs. You have to figure out the strengths and weaknesses of each particular C Class variant. In a fresh game I usually make the choice between Brawler/Rocketeer/Grenadier based on the map. On Origin I opt for the Brawler, on Prosk and Bazaar, the Rocketeer, and on Uptown I go with the Grenadier. Facility is nice because it has areas that cater to all three, so I pick whichever is most suited to where the fighting is going on.

Once the game gets going I may change classes depending on how my team is working together as a group, and which areas of the map they're controlling. Make sure you don't fall behind if your team is pushing through the map as a cohesive group, because you're a huge target that is easily overwhelmed by angry respawning players if you don't position yourself correctly. Try to act as a pillar of support for teammates that are nearby, rather than trying to run solo, because you'll get chewed up by lighter mechs rushing you at point blank range, especially as a Rocketeer.

With the Brawler I recommend playing with high mouse sensitivity and low cockpit lag so you can quickly turn to counter experienced Scouts, Bezerkers, and Raiders when they're running circles around you at close range. Once you get the hang of timing your aim between Flak rounds and TOWs while in a close quarters fight, you can aptly defend yourself against aggresive Class A and B mechs.

#24 BuffMyRadius

BuffMyRadius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted May 14 2013 - 12:42 AM

The brawler is mostly useful in objective games for its turret mode and it is absolutely the most useful C class mech to have in your garage. With the flak you can block choke points or with the SA Hawkens you can effectively suppress a few sharpshooters from behind cover in turret mode. That being said, I really appreciate having a rocketeer as an ally. The massive ranged suppression power of the rocketeer is fantastic so every time I see one on my team I'll group with it. You have to look out for your rocketeers, they rely on teamwork. I'm best with the grenadier though. The REV-GL is a unique indirect fire suppression weapon but its clumsy and hard to get consistent hits. The HEAT cannon is where it's at for me. The HEAT hits well at range and when enemies bunch up the HEAT/grenade combo punishes for sticking together. If you have the support you can go down into turret mode and output massive damage on a group. The A and B classes are what put up the big stats, but its the support of C class mechs that win games.
AMD 4130 BE @ 4.0 Ghz, ASRock Extreme3 970, 4x2GB 1600 Crucial Ballistix Sport, Gigabyte r9 270x OC, 60 GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Case

#25 vonbach

vonbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted May 14 2013 - 04:41 AM

Grenadier in my opinion. Mostly because I can aid my team by firing around corners and breaking up turtling in choke points.
The enemy team is turtling_ No problem just hold the triggers down and watch the assists roll in. And because your firing indirectly
they cant easily get at you so your vulnerability as a C class counts for little.

#26 SGTMatt

SGTMatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationPacific North West

Posted May 14 2013 - 09:33 AM

The brawler and that SA. I don't know how many times I would just get done with a fight, out of fuel and see a team mate fighting a squirrely A and just pick it off for an assist. Or see someone in a duel and ping the opponent to pieces.

The awesome side skirt tow/sa combo works pretty damn good in CQC. You just have you keep that weapon on them. I found that they tend not to run as fast hitting them with the SA. They don't know the end is there till it is too late rather then shocking them with the flak.  I guess it goes with "if you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water it will try and get out, slowly turn up the heat and it won't panic."

So yeah, brawler.

#27 The_King_of_Names

The_King_of_Names

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted May 23 2013 - 10:23 AM

I feel the Grenadier becomes OP at the hands of someone who knows how to use it

#28 THEXDS

THEXDS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationHonduras

Posted May 26 2013 - 07:07 PM

I voted for Grenadier. I own a Brawler, but is really effective if you have a technician nearby. The Grenadier can take out a bottleneck easily. Anyway, as I stated just a moment, a Brawler being helped with a technician is a deadly combination... Unstoppable. I've tried it.
Posted Image

#29 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 27 2013 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image+  Posted Image= perfection !!!

Posted Image

#30 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted June 05 2013 - 08:10 PM

Honestly i would have to go with brawler or grenadier. Rocketeer is only good at med ranges, and even then HF have alot of wacko things going on. grenadier and brawler can suppress heavily so they are for the win.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#31 MexichanMan

MexichanMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationUS - East

Posted June 05 2013 - 10:24 PM

View PostEliteShooter, on May 27 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Posted Image+  Posted Image= perfection !!!
no, no, no. you've merely included a subset of the truth. here:
Posted Image = perfection!!!
Black Steel Brotherhood: http://bsb-gaming.com
Stream: http://twitch.tv/mexichanman
Join the first competitive Hawken league!  
http://www.tpgleague.org/hwk/

#32 NuclearXmas

NuclearXmas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Whatever

Posted June 05 2013 - 11:27 PM

Vanguard is all I got but it's all I could want when it comes to the heavies
oh..uh..hi

#33 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 01 2013 - 12:12 PM

Cupcake and Grenadier for me. I play A class mechs and Brawlers are the most easiest class for me to take down.
Posted Image

#34 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 01 2013 - 12:22 PM

its really the pilot who makes the mech powerful
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#35 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted July 09 2013 - 04:53 PM

View Postropefish, on July 01 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

its really the pilot who makes the mech powerful
My first was the Rocketeer , and I'm sticking to it! I've tried brawler but it is and will be a fat scout. And I play it as a scout. >_<!

Each C mech has it's things that you need to master - be it Hellfires or Grenades, C's are awesome!

EDIT:
fml gravedigging

Edited by Starrphy, July 09 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#36 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted July 20 2013 - 08:24 AM

Isnt it obvious...

#37 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 20 2013 - 01:00 PM

actually i think there all equal because of there ability's weapons, and ways they are used ::3
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#38 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted July 20 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hehe, I didn't expect ropefish to take this one seriously. "Best C-type_... The Alphacapillar with a mini-nuke!" :D
Personally, I :wub: my Cupcake, but that's a limited edition and I mostly stick to A's sooo...  :ph34r:*smokebomb* :ph34r:

*edit  Smokebomb should totally be a support item. Just enough to engulf a C, ineffective enough to be useless in the open on maps like Bazzar, Facility. Unless you're an Inf that is. Smokebomb+Cloak.  

Edited by G4M5T3R, July 20 2013 - 03:14 PM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#39 blankenstein

blankenstein

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationlong beach, ca

Posted August 30 2013 - 12:01 PM

i <3 my grenadier + vulcan. grenade launcher is super easy to use even long distance and can hit around corners/over cover and sustained vulcan fire up close is brutal. that with the 900 hp, i feel like an enormous, slow berzerker.
witty signature.

#40 Velimirius

Velimirius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationMontenegro, EU

Posted February 27 2014 - 03:31 PM

Brawler was my first buy and im not looking elsewhere since, even if A classes can out manoeuvre it and stuff, but i always get at least one chance to put some1 to trash with flak+tow and thats priceless for me :)

But eventually im planning to own all C's cuz i just like that concept of mechs, but Brawler is just <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users