HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

This game fried my video card, stay away from it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 02:50 PM

I downloaded this game last night. I played it for maybe 30 minutes, then it started lagging badly. I closed the game down and looked at afterburner, temp was 120 C. That's when it crashed my pc. I took the card out carefully because it was basically on fire it was so hot. This game literally melted my graphics card. F you, I don't have money to go out and buy another right now, I hope your game fails badly. This is bs, you jerks should buy me a new card. I've never had problems with the card overheating at all, not even a hint of it overheating before, never went above 55C. F you again.

#2 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 19 2013 - 02:59 PM

GPU_ You failed to mention it.
Must have been cheap as dirt.

*nvm

Edited by G4M5T3R, January 19 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#3 Balls_Of_Steel

Balls_Of_Steel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:00 PM

Games don't fry PCs, irresponsible owners do.

Afterburner is an overclocking software, if you're gonna be a big boy and try overclocking you have to monitor your temps Dumb@$$.
Posted Image

#4 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:00 PM

Hey, it's not Adhesive's fault that your graphics card overheated and melted...

No offense, but maybe you should of checked the minimum specifications_ Seriously, what graphics card do you even use_

EDIT: As Balls_Of_Steel mentioned, it's not exactly wise to overtax your PC...

Edited by The_Eldritch_Abomination, January 19 2013 - 03:02 PM.

< TEXT-FIELD >

#5 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:08 PM

My graphics card was a 240GT, nothing was overclocked on it, afterburner is a monitoring tool too, it's not just for overclocking. I use it specefically to monitor temps and automate the fan speed in relation to the current temp. Games do fry graphics cards, Starcraft 2 and now this game. I see others have already complained on here to deaf ears! I am not the first person this has happened to because of this game!

#6 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:14 PM

You fried your graphics card by failing to monitor your temperatures and failing to create a working fan profile. Ignorance to suggest much else. I'm sorry you lost a component, man, but it's your fault entirely.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#7 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:19 PM

View Postmarshalade, on January 19 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

You fried your graphics card by failing to monitor your temperatures and failing to create a working fan profile. Ignorance to suggest much else. I'm sorry you lost a component, man, but it's your fault entirely.

fuzzy bunny off fuzzy bunny, I didn't fail to monitor my temps or not create a fan profile, fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny. WTF does this look like to you fuzzy bunny for brains_ This fuzzy bunny game fried my as well as other peoples' cards because they don't know how to program a fuzzy bunny game. A guy on gamespot right now complaining of the exact same problem, 3 more have complained about the exact SAME fuzzy bunny PROBLEM WITH THIS fuzzy bunny GAME FRYING GPUS YOU NIGGGER MONKEY fuzzy bunny, DIE IN HELL, PANTY WASTE fuzzy bunny.

#8 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:25 PM

I had a GT 240 on my computer like 3 years ago, and I never installed any utilities for it, just the nVidia drivers.  That's all you need.  You start using programs like Afterburner that messes with fan settings and you may be correct that by loading the game somehow your graphics got fried.  BUT, this is a Windows-related problem, not the game.  When loading some games, sometimes DirectX likes to take control of ALL resources of the computer, leaving the desktop and other applications high and dry.  When this happens, programs like Afterburner that's supposed to kick in when temps run high simply don't because it's not receiving CPU cycles, aka, the program is frozen.  This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.  Instead, there are programs that directly modify the fan profile built-in the video card itself.  Those are generally safer, BUT AGAIN, this time it's Nvidia's fault.  They decided to FOREGO the hardware-based cooling chip and rely entirely on software.  That's why the 200 series Geforce video cards run at FULL speed when turning on your computer and slow down when Windows is loaded.

So who's fault is it truely_  Is it Microsoft for having an occasional glitch in DirectX taking all resources_  Or is it Nvidia's fault for not having hardware-based fan control_  Either way, it definitely isn't Hawken's fault because they're just the game maker.  They do NOT control your video card's fan.  Sorry pal, but if you have issues, take it up with them, not here.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#9 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny off fuzzy bunny, I didn't fail to monitor my temps or not create a fan profile, fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny. WTF does this look like to you fuzzy bunny for brains_ This fuzzy bunny game fried my as well as other peoples' cards because they don't know how to program a fuzzy bunny game. A guy on gamespot right now complaining of the exact same problem, 3 more have complained about the exact SAME fuzzy bunny PROBLEM WITH THIS fuzzy bunny GAME FRYING GPUS YOU NIGGGER MONKEY fuzzy bunny, DIE IN HELL, PANTY WASTE fuzzy bunny.

Lol :lol:

Once again, it's people irresponsible enough to not check system reqs and properly monitor the strain on their system who break components not the games.
Here are the minimum system requirements for HAWKEN:
  • CPU: 2 GHz Dual Core
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: 512 MB Graphics Card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0
    • Examples: nVidia 9800 GTX or AMD HD 5670
  • Operating System: Windows XP or later
  • Hard Drive: 5 GB of free space
  • Internet Connection: Broadband

Edited by G4M5T3R, January 19 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:36 PM

And award for most fuzzy bunnys in one post goes to............ But in all seriousness don't try playing a game until you know your computer can handle it. And Hawken isn't responsible for a hardware malfunction.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#11 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 19 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Lol :lol:

Once again, it's people irresponsible enough to not check system reqs and properly monitor the strain on their system who break components not the games.
Here are the minimum system requirements for HAWKEN:
  • CPU: 2 GHz Dual Core
  • Memory: 3 GB RAM
  • Graphics Card: 512 MB Graphics Card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0
    • Examples: nVidia 9800 GTX or AMD HD 5670
  • Operating System: Windows XP or later
  • Hard Drive: 5 GB of free space
  • Internet Connection: Broadband

Thanks for proving you know nothing about the card I have, dumbass.

512 MB Graphics Card supporting DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 3.0

My card far exceeds that, moron.

#12 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:37 PM

It looks to me, sir, that you are one incredibly buttmad individual. I'm going to suggest that you lrn2computer as well as take a chill pill. Then I suggest a hefty dose of reality. 4 users out of a few hundred thousand looks a bit more to me like user error than programming failure. I'm going to neglect to mention that a game cannot really be programmed in a way to do what you're suggesting, because I don't think you've returned to the level of rationality in which you can comprehend that. I'll conclude by wishing you best of luck on your next GPU purchase.

Edited by marshalade, January 19 2013 - 03:38 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostRyuronin, on January 19 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

And award for most fuzzy bunnys in one post goes to............ But in all seriousness don't try playing a game until you know your computer can handle it. And Hawken isn't responsible for a hardware malfunction.

My system is far above the system requirements you fuzzy bunny idiots, fuzzy bunny off if you have nothing of value to add, which is basially all of you fuzzy bunny. I'm reporting a bug, all you fuzzy bunny are doing is flaming and failing hard.

#14 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Actually your ex-GPU sits at that.  512mB - 1Gb

"Far exceeds" is an overstatement to say the least.

Edited by G4M5T3R, January 19 2013 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#15 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:40 PM

View Postmarshalade, on January 19 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

It looks to me, sir, that you are one incredibly buttmad individual. I'm going to suggest that you lrn2computer as well as take a chill pill. Then I suggest a hefty dose of reality. 4 users out of a few hundred thousand looks a bit more to me like user error than programming failure. I'm going to neglect to mention that a game cannot really be programmed in a way to do what you're suggesting, because I don't think you've returned to the level of rationality in which you can comprehend that. I'll conclude by wishing you best of luck on your next GPU purchase.

Yes, games can be programmed in such a way, Starcraft 2 ring any bells, dumbass. You fail to pipeline your fuzzy bunny proper, fail to limit resource usage, fail to account for memory leaks, etc...

#16 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 19 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Actually your ex-GPU sits at that.  512mB - 1Gb

"Far exceeds" is an overstatement to say the least.

Sure because if I make double the money you make in a year, that's hardly far exceeding your income, oh wait, no it isn't, neither is that the case here, both far exceed the others. Double for video memory is a lot since they don't go up that high to start with.

Edited by Mic_Blaze, January 19 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#17 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

View Postmarshalade, on January 19 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Yes, games can be programmed in such a way, Starcraft 2 ring any bells, dumbass. You fail to pipeline your fuzzy bunny proper, fail to limit resource usage, fail to account for memory leaks, etc...

You fail to understand the cause of that issue. Your ignorance is again ringing loud and clear. But that's okay. I'm not upset about it. I'm gonna go eat dinner and play some video games on my still working computer. You have a good night, okay man_

Posted Image

#18 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 19 2013 - 03:51 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sure because if I make double the money you make in a year, that's hardly far exceeding your income, oh wait, no it isn't, neither is that the case here, both far exceed the others. Double for video memory is a lot since they don't go up that high to start with.

I highly doubt your little 240gt was actually even capable of running at 1GB... And since Hawken's bare minimum req is 512mb you should have been able to foresee this problem. Oh wait you didn't even read the req's. Now were back to-

View PostBalls_Of_Steel, on January 19 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Edited by G4M5T3R, January 19 2013 - 03:51 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:22 PM

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 19 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:43 PM, said:

I highly doubt your little 240gt was actually even capable of running at 1GB... And since Hawken's bare minimum req is 512mb you should have been able to foresee this problem. Oh wait you didn't even read the req's. Now were back to-

View PostBalls_Of_Steel, on January 19 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

You are a simpleton incapable of understanding what greater than or less than mean. My rig is greater than the minimum system requirements by a lot. This game isn't very demanding as far as graphics are concerned. It's just optomized like a hooker's fuzzy bunny. They fuzzy bunny up big time.

#20 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:24 PM

Let this be a warning to anyone who's thiking about trying this game out, there's a chance it will fry your card and an even better chance it will simply overheat it to the point it crashes possibly causing permanent artifacts as others have reported. .

Edited by Mic_Blaze, January 19 2013 - 04:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users