HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

This game fried my video card, stay away from it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#21 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

View Postmarshalade, on January 19 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

You fried your graphics card by failing to monitor your temperatures and failing to create a working fan profile. Ignorance to suggest much else. I'm sorry you lost a component, man, but it's your fault entirely.

fuzzy bunny off fuzzy bunny, I didn't fail to monitor my temps or not create a fan profile, fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny. WTF does this look like to you fuzzy bunny for brains_ This fuzzy bunny game fried my as well as other peoples' cards because they don't know how to program a fuzzy bunny game. A guy on gamespot right now complaining of the exact same problem, 3 more have complained about the exact SAME fuzzy bunny PROBLEM WITH THIS fuzzy bunny GAME FRYING GPUS YOU NIGGGER MONKEY fuzzy bunny, DIE IN HELL, PANTY WASTE fuzzy bunny.

Correlation =/= causation

All you've proven is that some other people have had their graphics card die while playing a game.Your opinion that it is Hawken's fault is biased from having only looked for similar issues related to this game while denying any other factors. What about all the people who have had the exact same problem playing other games or while not even playing a game_ Just because this happened while you were playing Hawken doesn't mean it was the game's fault. Hardware failure is a symptom of faulty/dying hardware or tweaking by the user, not bad games. As you say so yourself, you more than meet all the reqs, so that points to the cause being something other than the game.

Edited by nokari, January 19 2013 - 04:32 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Mic_Blaze

Mic_Blaze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:44 PM

View Postnokari, on January 19 2013 - 04:30 PM, said:

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

View Postmarshalade, on January 19 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

You fried your graphics card by failing to monitor your temperatures and failing to create a working fan profile. Ignorance to suggest much else. I'm sorry you lost a component, man, but it's your fault entirely.

fuzzy bunny off fuzzy bunny, I didn't fail to monitor my temps or not create a fan profile, fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny fuzzy bunny. WTF does this look like to you fuzzy bunny for brains_ This fuzzy bunny game fried my as well as other peoples' cards because they don't know how to program a fuzzy bunny game. A guy on gamespot right now complaining of the exact same problem, 3 more have complained about the exact SAME fuzzy bunny PROBLEM WITH THIS fuzzy bunny GAME FRYING GPUS YOU NIGGGER MONKEY fuzzy bunny, DIE IN HELL, PANTY WASTE fuzzy bunny.

Correlation =/= causation

All you've proven is that some other people have had their graphics card die while playing a game.Your opinion that it is Hawken's fault is biased from having only looked for similar issues related to this game while denying any other factors. What about all the people who have had the exact same problem playing other games or while not even playing a game_ Just because this happened while you were playing Hawken doesn't mean it was the game's fault. Hardware failure is a symptom of faulty/dying hardware or tweaking by the user, not bad games. As you say so yourself, you more than meet all the reqs, so that points to the cause being something other than the game.

The problem is with the menu, others have reported the issue with the game shitting on their graphics card because of the menues, I wish I had read those complaints before I tried this fuzzy bunny game. The fault is with the game. Thus, why I'm posting in a bug report section.

#23 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:47 PM

Buy something cheapish like this http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130796

If you can't afford it, then go get a job.

tbh, you can probably get your system running the game for under $70.

Regardless, it's not adhesive's fault for your GPU frying itself in it's game. And I'm surprised your computer didn't have any fail safes to automatically shut down.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#24 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted January 19 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostMic_Blaze, on January 19 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

The problem is with the menu, others have reported the issue with the game shitting on their graphics card because of the menues, I wish I had read those complaints before I tried this fuzzy bunny game. The fault is with the game. Thus, why I'm posting in a bug report section.

Then you had a fuzzy bunny graphics card or again, you did some tweaking to fuzzy bunny things up. I have dual AMD cards that equal 1GB, no tweaking whatsoever and no programs monitoring my temps. At most, I get a little lag when viewing some menus, which is actually much better since the last patch. I've also been playing every version since alpha 2 and for the past month I've been playing nearly every day. The worst that's ever happened to me is my game crashed once while trying to load a map. No other problems.

For all you know your card could have died just as quickly while watching a video or playing music. Calling it Hawken's fault doesn't automatically make it so.

Edited by nokari, January 19 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#25 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted January 19 2013 - 06:52 PM

Is it, me, or did Mic_Blaze upgrade his status from "newbie" to "member" just by posting on this soon-to-be forsaken thread_

Wow.
< TEXT-FIELD >

#26 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:17 PM

lol, no comment. BTW, got any pictures of fried card_

Edited by ArnieF4440, January 19 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#27 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted January 19 2013 - 07:35 PM

I will say this.  The menus do seem to have a high GPU usage, I see about 80-90% usage on 2 cards in SLI only in the menus, ingame it drops to 40%.  Tempatures do climb during the menus. FPS is capped at 122 fps, if I turn off the frame rate cap I can see fps upwards of around 200 fps in the menus.

Now, if your card overheated that was entirely your fault.  Why were you idling in the menus for 1+ hour_  

I have set an increased fan profile, and never see temps above 60C on each card.  Maybe your fan failed, maybe you had too much dust inside the computer.  Do people in your house smoke_

Most likely the thermal paste got crusty and hard, and wasn't transferring the heat away from the GPU into the heatsink.  I can think of about 2 million FAT PS3's that the same thing happened too.

It was simply the hardware that failed, not the software that was running on it.

Just think of it this way, now you get to buy an even better card.  :D

Edited by SS396, January 19 2013 - 07:36 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#28 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 19 2013 - 08:30 PM

If your card melted before it initiated an automatic shutdown of the computer to protect the card from melting, that sounds like latent impending hardware failure that decided to say hi the moment it was run particularly hard.

Under 10 melted cards with >100,000 users sounds like a statisical anomaly that can be explained by other circumstances like hardware failure.

This thread's going to get locked if not outright vanish soon enough, but I can't help poking the angry bear. I understand that you're pissed that your graphics card melted, buddy, but if there's a right way to go about things, this is absolutely not what that looks like.

If you really wanted this to get fixed, you'd file a support ticket using the link in the top right instead of breaking a pile of rules by making a loud, complaining thread in public and then dropping all sorts of abusive profanity on people.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#29 MeteorMod04

MeteorMod04

Community Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hey guys!

I'm here to tell everyone that I'm locking this thread due to the multiple infractions of forum rules displayed,
If anyone has any questions/comments, feel free to contact me!

~Mod02

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users