HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

LAN Options

Game Community

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Poll: LAN Options (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to see LAN options implemented

1. Yes (48 votes [76.19%])

Percentage of vote: 76.19%

2. No (2 votes [3.17%])

Percentage of vote: 3.17%

3. Only if its not hard to implement. (10 votes [15.87%])

Percentage of vote: 15.87%

4. I only want to play with random people. (3 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Davidious

Davidious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 08:07 PM

I think there should be a LAN option, or even the ability to host a private server, something where you and your friends can sit down and blow the fuzzy bunny out of each other without worrying about a really high level player coming in and taking advantage of this.

This would go along side a dedicated server browser where you could set up private online or LAN games, as well as very standard options to not mess with things too much.

That's just my opinion though, let the developers know what the community wants!

#2 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 19 2013 - 08:19 PM

1. Private servers are coming in a future update, planned alongside clan functionality.

2. The server browser was removed during closed beta to encourage/force people to use the matchmaking system so that it could be improved and finished. The server browser will come back in a future update, and it's planned to come back in the same update as clans and private server rentals.

3. LAN is... a problematic proposition for a F2P multiplayer-only game like Hawken. I can't speak for the devs, of course, so it's possible.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#3 Davidious

Davidious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 19 2013 - 08:33 PM

I suppose with a game that revolves so much on the 'online' aspect, LAN is a little awkward to ask for. Private servers work very much the same, but it would be interesting what the community has to say about it over the next little while.

#4 andythebomb

andythebomb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Location24

Posted January 21 2013 - 04:03 PM

Elix can you link to a post where the devs say the server browser is coming back_

#5 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted January 29 2013 - 11:06 PM

[ADH]HUGHES said:

MATCHMAKING
• The server browser was removed to better test matchmaking and help keep matches balanced
• The ANY option was removed from matchmaking
• The default matchmaking type is now Team Deathmatch
• Players are now able to switch teams in the middle of a match if a team has 2 or more players than the other team
Matches were not as balanced as we wanted. As a result we decided to remove the server browser for a re-introduction at a later time so we could focus on getting matchmaking where it needs to be. We removed the ANY option because first time players were getting thrown into objective based matches without feeling comfortable with the basic mechanics yet. By making Team Deathmatch the default option, players have to actively chose to play one of the other modes. Team balancing turned into a bit of a mess mid match too if players left halfway through so if teams are uneven... players can now balance that out themselves.
(emphasis mine)

[Source: Closed Beta 3 - Patch Notes]
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#6 robotokom

robotokom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted January 29 2013 - 11:39 PM

Lan= less money.
Lan is dead just look at SC2 or Diablo3 they both needed lan and did they get it_ with SC2 one of the tournaments had to be postponed because the internet was out and they have no lan support.

#7 SGRock

SGRock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted June 02 2014 - 02:50 PM

View Postrobotokom, on January 29 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Lan= less money.
Lan is dead just look at SC2 or Diablo3 they both needed lan and did they get it_ with SC2 one of the tournaments had to be postponed because the internet was out and they have no lan support.

Holy NecroPost !
Occupation:  Old guy (do it long enough and you get really good at it)

Super cool jpg goes here>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users