HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Weeaboo Stuff

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted June 24 2012 - 05:41 PM

FLCL was meh, and I don't own a 360 for Tales of Vesperia.

Time to try Bakemonogatari. I needs me a comedy. EDIT:Wikipedia has lied to me, this isn't funny.
I'll also get around to watching MMs links at some point.

I guess I've been leeching enough recommends off you guys that I should give some back.
Recettear-Steam Game
Popular for a reason and way more fun than it has any right to be. There's something to be said for a game where it's more fun selling stuff than doing the dungeon portions.
Katawa Shoujo-Free VN
Turn off the naughty bits if you must, it's a great read. Rin scares me.
Redline-Movie
That hair is just so cool.
Large Bagel-Fanime
The story of Penisu-chan, who is part unicorn and holds the magic power of kawaii. Also only one episode, so there's no harm in watching.

#22 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 07:41 AM

Just a curious question.

Is there material considered hardcore Weeaboo stuff_

lol..

#23 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 08:11 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

Just a curious question.

Is there material considered hardcore Weeaboo stuff_
Being a hardcore weeaboo is more about making an ass out of yourself by using the words baka, kawaii, or desu in regular speech. Or by posting things like
(‐^▽^‐)
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ ~  
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \
(>^(>0_o)>

Thank fuck we don't have any of those here.

#24 Nitris

Nitris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 09:00 AM

Must... resist... urge... to add... that crap...in my posts... from now onnn.... Hnnnnnnngggg!
Don't fight back. Fight forward.

#25 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 10:03 AM

Arseface said:

Being a hardcore weeaboo is more about making an ass out of yourself by using the words baka, kawaii, or desu in regular speech. Or by posting things like
(‐^▽^‐)
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌ ~  
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/ \
(>^(>0_o)>

Thank fuck we don't have any of those here.

lol, believe me I would be there making fun of those dolts in every corner. I really detests and despise those dumb ass fucks, really....I can't stand them..

But yeah, that's hardcore weeaboo...

#26 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted June 25 2012 - 10:06 AM

Nitris said:

Must... resist... urge... to add... that crap...in my posts... from now onnn.... Hnnnnnnngggg!

Resist the urge of the dark side. You can. Don't give up....

#27 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 25 2012 - 10:58 AM

Arseface said:

FLCL was meh, and I don't own a 360 for Tales of Vesperia.

Time to try Bakemonogatari. I needs me a comedy. EDIT:Wikipedia has lied to me, this isn't funny.
I'll also get around to watching MMs links at some point.

I guess I've been leeching enough recommends off you guys that I should give some back.
Recettear-Steam Game
Popular for a reason and way more fun than it has any right to be. There's something to be said for a game where it's more fun selling stuff than doing the dungeon portions.
Katawa Shoujo-Free VN
Turn off the naughty bits if you must, it's a great read. Rin scares me.
Redline-Movie
That hair is just so cool.
Large Bagel-Fanime
The story of Penisu-chan, who is part unicorn and holds the magic power of kawaii. Also only one episode, so there's no harm in watching.

I loved Bakemonogatari! So funny and awesome.
(/^▽^)/

#28 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 04:27 PM

Varaka said:

I loved Bakemonogatari! So funny and awesome.
How was it funny_

I'm not saying that you shouldn't like it because it's bad, I'm saying that I have no idea where the humor would be in that show. I watched three whole episodes and laughed once.

#29 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 05:10 PM

Arseface said:

How was it funny_

I'm not saying that you shouldn't like it because it's bad, I'm saying that I have no idea where the humor would be in that show. I watched three whole episodes and laughed once.
For me, the hilarity of the show doesn't stem from the slapstick or situational comedy it regularly makes use of when it wants to show its harem trimmings, but rather it's the superbly crafted dialogue, the puns and wordplay, and the metahumor. I think Nise does it better bigger and does it better, though, because it's never afraid to put it out there without having to explain the jokes or lampshade the entire affair. Overall, it's an enjoyable romp, but like I said earlier when I recommended it, it's an incredibly polarizing series, depending on your understanding of the language and pension for Akiyuki Shinbo's direction (it's practically Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei but with the supernatural in lieu of the social commentary, Hiroshi Kamiya and all (same MC VA)).

#30 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 28 2012 - 08:05 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Arseface said:

How was it funny_

For me, the hilarity of the show doesn't stem from the slapstick or situational comedy it regularly makes use of when it wants to show its harem trimmings, but rather it's the superbly crafted dialogue, the puns and wordplay, and the metahumor. I think Nise does it better bigger and does it better, though, because it's never afraid to put it out there without having to explain the jokes or lampshade the entire affair. Overall, it's an enjoyable romp, but like I said earlier when I recommended it, it's an incredibly polarizing series, depending on your understanding of the language and pension for Akiyuki Shinbo's direction (it's practically Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei but with the supernatural in lieu of the social commentary, Hiroshi Kamiya and all (same MC VA)).

This man explains it perfectly. I still haven't watched Nisemonogatari myself but I can assume its really good as well_
(/^▽^)/

#31 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 28 2012 - 08:27 PM

Varaka said:

I still haven't watched Nisemonogatari myself but I can assume its really good as well_
It's very good! My only issue stemmed from minor pacing snags. The show follows the same episodic design as Bake, with one heroine taking center-stage for her respective arc, but while these usually last around 2-4 episodes each, the Karen Bee arc lasts 7. It drags the central narrative on its heels a little, but it feels like a deliberate choice on the director's part who went in favor of more character interaction, clever wordplay, and a heaping helping of the infamous toothbrush scene, which you may or may not have heard about already. It all builds up to an excellent conclusion to that arc, satisfying both camps of the fan-base with both action and dialogue. My personal highlight of the show was the introduction of the new antagonist. I don't want to spoil anything, but his role in the show satisfies my side of the camp and I absolutely adore him for it.

#32 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted June 28 2012 - 09:30 PM

lavalamp1138 said:

Varaka said:

I still haven't watched Nisemonogatari myself but I can assume its really good as well_
It's very good! My only issue stemmed from minor pacing snags. The show follows the same episodic design as Bake, with one heroine taking center-stage for her respective arc, but while these usually last around 2-4 episodes each, the Karen Bee arc lasts 7. It drags the central narrative on its heels a little, but it feels like a deliberate choice on the director's part who went in favor of more character interaction, clever wordplay, and a heaping helping of the infamous toothbrush scene, which you may or may not have heard about already. It all builds up to an excellent conclusion to that arc, satisfying both camps of the fan-base with both action and dialogue. My personal highlight of the show was the introduction of the new antagonist. I don't want to spoil anything, but his role in the show satisfies my side of the camp and I absolutely adore him for it.

As soon as a particularly slow sub-group finishes it I'll be definitely watching it.
(/^▽^)/

#33 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted June 29 2012 - 08:25 AM

Varaka said:

As soon as a particularly slow sub-group finishes it I'll be definitely watching it.
Crunchyroll picked it up so you could always watch it on their stream.

#34 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 03 2012 - 01:12 PM

Trying Samurai Champloo next.

I think after that I'll look up some highly rated shiz on vndb. Anybody know if those ratings are reliable_

#35 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 03 2012 - 01:43 PM

Hoshizora no Memoria is a good VN.
(/^▽^)/

#36 Mr_Batou

Mr_Batou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted July 11 2012 - 02:16 PM

Shows hmm...Jormungand, Hyouka, Spice and Wolf(1&2), Speed Grapher, Clannad, Ga-Rei:Zero, Sankarea, Another(creepy :shock: ), Mirai Nikki(most definitely), Working!!, Time of Eve(take your brain flip it), World God Only Knows, Ore no Imouto ga Konnai Kawaii Wake ga Nai (it's not what you think...mostly), Ghost in the Shell S.A.C(if you haven't seen it smack yourself then watch it), Durarara(crazy good), Bake/Nisemonogatari... I think of some more later...maybe

Games...Katawa Shoujo is really the only one I've played (those feels). OH, Juniper's Knot good but short(-1.5hr)

shit my otaku is showing :oops:

#37 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 02:39 PM

Samurai Champloo was alright. The ending pissed me off. There was a golden opportunity at a somewhat emotional ending and they just sort of copped out.

Gurren Lagann had ugly mechs and Kamina annoyed me, but was otherwise fine. I wish somebody would have told me that the movies are basically just the show summarized with alternate endings though.

Going through Hoshizora no Memoria.

#38 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted July 13 2012 - 11:08 PM

Arseface said:

The ending pissed me off.

Sounds like most animes I watch.
Naraklok

#39 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted July 19 2012 - 01:51 PM

Does Korean stuff count as weeb, or is it a Japan only thing_ Because I watched this movie about ducks.

Also been playing Ys:The Oath in Felghana and Gundemonium Recollection recently. It's a bit late to rely on the steam super sales for them, but I'd recommend them for winter. Both are highly masochistic on the upper difficulties, the way singleplayer games should be.

#40 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 19 2012 - 02:21 PM

Arseface said:

Does Korean stuff count as weeb, or is it a Japan only thing_ Because I watched this movie about ducks.

Also been playing Ys:The Oath in Felghana and Gundemonium Recollection recently. It's a bit late to rely on the steam super sales for them, but I'd recommend them for winter. Both are highly masochistic on the upper difficulties, the way singleplayer games should be.

Weaboo came from the word Wapanese. So no I guess_
(/^▽^)/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users