HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Weeaboo Stuff

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Zeether

Zeether

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted September 17 2012 - 06:29 PM

This is either going to be hit or miss, but the manga Mahou Sensei Negima to me is kind of good. It does start off with wacky harem hijinks like pretty much all of Akamatsu's work but then around the 5th volume or so it takes a turn for the action genre with some pretty impressive battle scenes. There's a really awesome tournament arc that comes up at one point, and there's also an arc where they visit a whole other world and there's this impressive fight between giant warships and demons. Unfortunately, the ending is pretty controversial and some fans are pretty heated up over it, but Akamatsu did say a follow up manga is possible.

Plus it's pretty long, 300+ chapters or so, by the time you finish it the next manga could be out :lol:

The only issue is it takes a lot of time to ramp up and become good. By volume 3 it starts to become a little action oriented but doesn't truly turn that way until 5, and it still throws fanservice stuff around too.

#42 Larkie

Larkie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted September 18 2012 - 06:39 AM

I gave up on watching naruto, too much filler turned me off a while ago, however i still follow the manga (pretty intense!)

Re-watching Azumanga whilei'm not gaming.....

AND TAMAGOTCHI!

We are riders on a mission, action kids in play position!  Rocket Power!

#43 Ganelon

Ganelon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted September 18 2012 - 07:40 AM

Goddamn University getting in the way of my weeaboo stuff.

IIntel i7-3820 3.6GHzI8GB DDR3INvidia GeForce GTX 670IAsus AsRock 79 Extreme 3IWestern Digital Caviar Green 1.5TBI

#44 Hatsune_Miku

Hatsune_Miku

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted September 18 2012 - 11:50 AM

Watching some of the new stuff right now like Kokoro Connect etc.

Anyone been keeping up with Sword art Online_
Posted Image

#45 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted October 08 2012 - 08:47 PM

I went to bump this thread because of SAO and what do I see but apost that slipped through while I was on hiatus.

The reason I went to this thread instead of the anime one actually is because I enjoyed it so much that I looked up a translation of the light novels.

I've avoided translated light novels till now because I've been skeptical of the translations of environmental descriptions, but they're about as solid as the translated VNs(for better or worse) so I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm about halfway through where the anime is in the LN, but I'm up to date on that count.

Also finished the Accel World anime and was left without liking any of the characters. Good, Bad, Main, Side. Hated them all. Not worth trying the LN translation.

And got around to watching Dokoro-chan and reading a good bit of Hunter x Hunter. It's gone too far though, so I think I'll drop it like most other Shonen Jump stuff.

Edited by Arseface, October 08 2012 - 08:50 PM.

#46 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted October 09 2012 - 08:48 PM

Play VNs, I recommend School Days, Fate/Stay Night, Yume Miru Kusuri and MuvLuv. I do not recommend Monster Girl Quest, unless you are of strong heart. If you are just starting, you could try Katawa Shoujo, it's probably the easiest to digest. Anime, if you haven't already watched Durarara!!, Darker Than Black, Death Note, Code Geass, To Aru Majutsu no Index, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, what's been released of Sword Art Online, Angel Beats, or Trigun, I recommend you do so immediately.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#47 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 02:58 AM

Fate/Stay Night was a bit cheesy. Did the storylines other than the first one get a bit less so_
I enjoyed the Fate/Zero anime way more than the VN but I only got through the first storyline.

#48 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted October 10 2012 - 10:57 AM

I don't think you realize how much I love what other people consider cheesy. I'm rather simple when it comes to what I like in things; I like strong main characters, love interests, and happy endings. I like tragic endings too, but only if they're tragically happy, or there was a love that transcends death.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#49 D20Face

D20Face

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted October 10 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm generally fine with cheesy. MGQ remains among my favorite VNs and you know how cheesy that is.

I don't know what it was about Fate/Stay Nights cheesyness that I couldn't get into. Fate/Zero(animu) is significantly less cheesy though, and I know I'm enjoying that to a large extent.

Maybe it was just the first storyline. I never started the others. They might've been better, but without a glowing recommendation I'll likely never start them.

EDIT 10/12/12
I just beat a Touhou game on normal without continues. I feel like a god right now. It might not be that impressive by hardcore bullet hell standards, but it was really, really hard for me.

Edited by MechPilot105, October 11 2012 - 08:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users