HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken on PS3/Xbox 360_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#41 GasClown

GasClown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted July 15 2012 - 09:30 PM

One topic that's been bothering me in this discussion

Sorry to bombard your site and sound disrespectful toward one other (not that it's undeserving) but the thing that bothered me was this comment I read:

"*When these motherfucking consoles peasant will learn to shut the fuck up and get the fuck out_ When_!!.....*"
'''

I stand for all gamers (whatever platform) but when an individual starts to look down on other gamers then my respect goes right out the window. Let's just leave it at that and be done with it. 8-)

#42 Gherid_lacksGPS

Gherid_lacksGPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted July 15 2012 - 11:16 PM

Mech Mechanic, just curious, are you involved with any sort of development or design occupation_
Landscape Architecture Portfolio - http://www.gheridsmick.com
"Vitor's BJJ is like the nucleus of an atom; people say it exists but, no one has actually seen it."
"I don't believe in psychology, I believe in good moves." Bobby Fisher.
"Do nothing from selfishness or empty coneit, but with humility of mind regard others as more important than yourself." Philippians 2:3

#43 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 06:01 AM

Cameron Kerby said:

I post gifs and funny images because I'm trying to deflect the frustration your comments give me.

LMAO, you missed the whole point. Look at the thread title. It's a complete bait.  

Cameron Kerby said:

Where are you getting the idea that we are gimping our game for consoles_  I clearly stated that Hawken on consoles was on the agenda ORIGINALLY... not currently.  We announced months ago that Hawken will be a PC exclusive, and yet you're still spamming these boards ranting about consoles almost every day.

This is why you frustrate me. The whole debate was intended as an entertaining joke. I pulled a devils advocate and a prank on those console users just to have some fun seeing them rebuking. This thread was an obvious bait. I paid the role of an antagonist and it worked quite well. It was a melodrama entertainment. Why should I act all ignorant about the fact of PC exclusivity when that was announced months ago_

Cameron Kerby said:

I'm going to tell you for the last time: You need to be more respectful on this forum.  I'm amazed we've put up with your trolling for as long as we have.  Keep it up, and I will be banning you.

I would love to be more respectful but I can't contain myself reading some comments in here. But I'll try to do my best.

: (.

Many users want me banned. : P

#44 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 06:10 AM

GasClown said:

I stand for all gamers (whatever platform) but when an individual starts to look down on other gamers then my respect goes right out the window. Let's just leave it at that and be done with it. 8-)

That was a quote from a satire. You bought up the complete bait and fist fighting without knowing that we had a pseudo rivalry between console user and PC users just for fun. You came in new and forgot to know the whole thing. Sorry to say this but you got trolled. My intention was not to troll you but you felt for it and took the whole line, hook and sinker.

Developers "decades ago" declared the game exclusive for PC. You came in white knighting without prior knowledge of what was going on the theater. Sorry if you took offence. Next time ask.

Bad boys,.......: P

#45 GasClown

GasClown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 02:12 PM

And that's how you're going to waste your life away... trolling forums, poor dear soul.  :lol: What a waste of air.

#46 Axe99

Axe99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ye gads - keep up the good work Cameron/Adhesive (and if you keep it as a PC exclusive, please throw in some gamepad controls, or at least make it Xpadder friendsly :)).

@ Mech Mechanic - I'm sorry you're stuck with a broken clavicle - how about playing some strategy games or something nice and slow-paced while you're at it_  Trading games, Civilization V, something nice and easy.  So far, what you've (by your own admission) done in this thread reflects pretty poorly on your level of emotional development and, as asserted by GasClown originally, paints PC elitists in a pretty bad light. Fortunately, most of us multi-platform gamers (I'm a PC _and_ console gamer, not a 'console peasant' as you suggested earlier) know that not all PC gamers are like yourself.

@ Adhesive - keep up the good work on Hawken - totally dig the aesthetic, and don't expect cutting-edge graphics (as you say, it'd be a big ask for a team your size, and it's hardly the be-all and end-all of gaming).  Best of luck to your team, and if you have enough interest/money/audience to port it to console after the PC launch, there are a few of us out here that'll grab it and give it a good run :).

#47 Kerbstomp

Kerbstomp

3D Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted July 16 2012 - 03:58 PM

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  I think this topic has been hammered enough for now, and I'd like to avoid another endless loop of platform warfare... and hopefully extinguish any flames in the process. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users