HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What's your age_

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your age_ (869 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your age_

1. 0-13 (11 votes [1.27%])

Percentage of vote: 1.27%

2. 14-18 (138 votes [15.88%])

Percentage of vote: 15.88%

3. 19-24 (283 votes [32.57%])

Percentage of vote: 32.57%

4. 25-35 (305 votes [35.10%])

Percentage of vote: 35.10%

5. over 35 (132 votes [15.19%])

Percentage of vote: 15.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Funnykid22

Funnykid22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Locationdevouring souls

Posted October 11 2013 - 07:21 PM

View Posttman7919, on February 03 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Dammit I'm the only one...

if you meant 0-13 then no

edit: .97% club woohoo!

Edited by Funnykid22, October 11 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Posted Image

#142 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted October 11 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'll never tell but here are a few things from my time here so far:
  • The first computer I worked with had less computing power than I have in my wristwatch. It took twenty-two minutes to count to 1 million.
  • As a very young programmer I wrote my first computer program in Assembly Language.
  • I had most of the IBM Green Card memorized.  BTW, the cards weren't always "green".
  • I know what an IBM 5081 card is.
  • I have wired boards for Unit Record Equipment.
  • I know what EDOS, MVS, DOS, and CP/M is
Just to throw ya'll off I also know what the ENIAC, EDSAC, and EDVAC are (were).

Edited by caduceus26, October 11 2013 - 09:01 PM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#143 Dinre

Dinre

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted October 13 2013 - 02:53 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on October 11 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

• The first computer I worked with had less computing power than I have in my wristwatch. It took twenty-two minutes to count to 1 million.
  • As a very young programmer I wrote my first computer program in Assembly Language.
  • I had most of the IBM Green Card memorized.  BTW, the cards weren't always "green".
Just to throw ya'll off I also know what the ENIAC, EDSAC, and EDVAC are (were).

From that list, I would say you probably have at least one story about carrying boxes of punch cards and then wanting to die when you dropped one or somehow got the order messed up.  =p

Posted Image

#144 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted October 13 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostDinre, on October 13 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

From that list, I would say you probably have at least one story about carrying boxes of punch cards and then wanting to die when you dropped one or somehow got the order messed up.  =p
:lol:
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#145 nlspeed

nlspeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFederalised Union of Europa, Provincia Netherlandia

Posted October 21 2013 - 01:18 PM

Heh, looking at the poll, I find the results to be very surprising. I'm eighteen, and I would have expected to be either the average or just a bit above it. But I'm not! :P

#146 Hawk_of_Diamonds

Hawk_of_Diamonds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWhere i lay my head and soul

Posted October 21 2013 - 01:22 PM

About the age group i would expect to see playing this game all the young wipper snappers out there that grew up up with the fancy cartoons of mechs and gear heads alike.

#147 nlspeed

nlspeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFederalised Union of Europa, Provincia Netherlandia

Posted October 21 2013 - 01:45 PM

View PostHawk_of_Diamonds, on October 21 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

About the age group i would expect to see playing this game all the young wipper snappers out there that grew up up with the fancy cartoons of mechs and gear heads alike.
Nay my dear sir, I daresay, I most certainly have not grown up with mechs or other metallic walkers, oh no! I do not feel overmany attachment to them - indeed, nary a thing! - nor have I besought games including them, nor do I bequeath more or less love unto this game for including them!

Although, I must be fair; henceforth, I do have a more amicable relationship with my two-legged grey-specked compagnions. Thus is the power of Hawken, I must admit.

There, how's that for a Dutch guy_ The only reason why I'd want to have grown up in an English speaking nation is to be able to speak like that more proficiently. :P

#148 Hawk_of_Diamonds

Hawk_of_Diamonds

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationWhere i lay my head and soul

Posted October 21 2013 - 02:40 PM

Nay my dear sir, I daresay, I most certainly have not grown up with mechs or other metallic walkers, oh no! I do not feel overmany attachment to them - indeed, nary a thing! - nor have I besought games including them, nor do I bequeath more or less love unto this game for including them!

Although, I must be fair; henceforth, I do have a more amicable relationship with my two-legged grey-specked compagnions. Thus is the power of Hawken, I must admit.

There, how's that for a Dutch guy_ The only reason why I'd want to have grown up in an English speaking nation is to be able to speak like that more proficiently. :P

Very well written.
Yes Hawken does hold an allure that far surpasses most. For to say mere power it has would not be fair, For Hawken is in a class of it its own among the class that is Mechanized Warfare. Those who are lured by the experience of previous style games will be all but so quick to forget them. They are but mere blemishes on the road of the Glory that is HAWKEN.

#149 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted October 21 2013 - 02:46 PM

I became a gamer because of PONG, ATARI, PAC Man, NINTENDO.  I've seen it all, and been there and done that for the entire video game history of mankind.  When I was a teenager I was unbeatable.  Now that i'm older, I don't have the same tools to compete as I used to.  But that's okay it's all good fun.  And when I top the leaderboards in a weird mech like a Grenadier I feel very satisfied.
Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#150 GrumpyNZ

GrumpyNZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted October 21 2013 - 08:10 PM

lol ancient 53 here but have been an avid gamer for years thanks to CS 1.1 days and Owning Internet Cafes in NZ ... even my daughters play still..... :ph34r:
Posted Image

Looking for an organised HAWKEN clan_ visit http://TAW.net

#151 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 22 2014 - 01:28 AM

27 here in few days..

#152 Vilyria

Vilyria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted February 22 2014 - 06:14 AM

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on February 02 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

Over 9000.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My blog-> MELODIC-MISSILES

#153 Paladin851

Paladin851

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMount Vernon,Washington US of A

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:49 AM

62........Started with the Rainbow six series back in 1998.

#154 DirtyDaigo

DirtyDaigo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 08:56 AM

23 yrs old, just right.

“Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

#155 Opicron

Opicron

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:29 AM

Before, I felt like an old fuzzy bunny.. Now I know I'm not the only one :P.

Edit: Ok, thats odd, if you type F A R T it gets replaced by fuzzy bunny by the forum.

Edited by Opicron, March 13 2014 - 07:31 AM.

Posted Image#94 it used to be

#156 shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted March 13 2014 - 07:40 AM

All i'm going to say is i used to be a very good boulder dash player on c64....

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Boulder_Dash

edit: omg say goodbye to work: http://boulderdash.krissz.hu/

Edited by shosca, March 13 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#157 Granddaddypurp

Granddaddypurp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationReeferSide

Posted March 15 2014 - 06:32 AM

Wow I hope when I'm 35 I'm not playing video games anymore. If you do then ur a sad loser an it should be a time to move on be productive in your life. But if you are productive an you have a career or a good paying job then ur fine an you have the right to do what ever you want.

#158 hoghead

hoghead

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • LocationShow Me State

Posted March 15 2014 - 08:37 AM

Well then your saying its time to move out of my moms basement find a job and maybe meet a girl_ sigh! :mellow:

#159 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted March 15 2014 - 09:03 AM

I`ll fix it later.

#160 Fleez

Fleez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSouthern Cali

Posted March 22 2014 - 12:36 PM

Hee,

Depending on the source, the average age of a video gamer is somewhere between 30 to 37, and is slowly rising as more of us players get older... (I'm happy to report I am above-average, hitting the big 5-0 this year ;) )

The first game I ever wrote was for the Z80 chip, in Z80 Assembly...

I've been paid $$$ to work on old CP/M machines before, since I already had experience, (not enough $$$ though :P  )

View PostDinre, on October 13 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

I pre-date cards... paper-punch tape was prefered anyways (and 9-track tapes). Besides, we only made the engineering students use (drop) punch cards :rolleyes:

Actually, I usually joke, I have worked on every computer in the Boston Computer Museum except one (So only got to play the second video game made too )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users