HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Use of a Controller_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#81 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:06 PM

View PostGanelon, on September 19 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

I see, there is at least one /v/irgin on the forums.

Like myself_ Do I need a make up_.....:3...

#82 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostSmaCkexe, on September 19 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

I am not sure how I can lecture you with with 1 sentence.  To be honest...

You used five on your post to be precise. I simply quoted a representative.

you try to talk as if you are sophisticated but, I simply see someone who plagiarizes.

Do you know the meaning of the word plagiarism_ And where is the source_ Oh I see you are trolling. I took the "line, hook and sinker".

I do not see cognitive thought in what you just posted.

Another bait.

Do you want me to say it in English_ How about if you simply know your position and where you stand. I know my position. There's no image to save or embodiment of respect to enact. In here we are just customers. See_  

why do u continue to harass us if u dislike us_

I do not dislike anyone in particular. I dislike imbecility, ignorance and stupidity. I don't wage a campaign of harassment in any member in particular. Don't give yourself too much credit for it. You are not my interest. Second, you are the one debating. I simply answer your questions logically.

I am defiant. That's my nature. That's what I am.

#83 Triggerheart

Triggerheart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLV

Posted September 20 2012 - 12:55 AM

Actually there are drivers for the steel battalion controller. Although it is pretty tricky to get it working. It will "NOT" work on vista or windows 7 though. I actually posted to get Capcom to make the drivers for us lol. No luck so far. Even if it does not support gamepads. I will still get my pad working for it.

"EDIT"
I did a quick search.....

Turns out someone is working on a Windows 7 Driver! Cross your fingers people!

"EDIT Again"

I installed the drivers following the instructions.... and.... it WORKS!

Configuring looks like a bit of a pain.... But not much I can do anyway because I have no reference to any controls I need to play the game. I have nothing at all at what computer buttons are used.

So I can't even begin to work on a button map for it.

Guess I have to wait and see if I get in.

Edited by Triggerheart, September 20 2012 - 01:59 AM.

#84 Gen

Gen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 04:32 AM

I will just mention, and I have no doubt it has been mentioned before, that you will get positively dominated with a pad on any speed based game. The accuracy of a joystick simply cant match a mouse.

#85 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 05:48 AM

View PostGen, on September 20 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

I will just mention, and I have no doubt it has been mentioned before, that you will get positively dominated with a pad on any speed based game. The accuracy of a joystick simply cant match a mouse.

Try a better bait. If you want to troll you need credible arguments.

Edited by MechMechanic, September 20 2012 - 05:49 AM.

#86 SikSlayer

SikSlayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:29 AM

MechMechanic, thanks for ruining this thread. You've done nothing but derail the conversation with insults thrown at anyone with an opposing view to yours. You talk about choice and objectivity, so long as that equals mouse and keyboard.

The only thing people asked for was controller support; especially considering this was originally going to be an XBLA game, I think that's a fair request. Note the giant _joystick_ being specifically designed for this game.

I don't even care what you say in response to this post, I'm sure it'll be the same elitist garbage you've been spouting the whole time. So instead, I'm going to say this to the developers, whose opinion matters the most:

It's pretty obvious some form of joystick support is coming, since at least one controller is being made specifically for your game. What's best for you and your game is that the widest array of people can play it. So if you want more people to play your game, joystick support IS important. The 360 controller is pretty much the de-facto controller for the PC these days, and having support for the 360 controller allows more people to play your game, even if they don't use a 360 pad.

I, as well as everyone else here, are eager to play Hawken as soon as is possible. I'm sure you'll make the best choice for everyone involved.

Edited by SikSlayer, September 20 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#87 lavalamp1138

lavalamp1138

Squadron Leader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:46 AM

This discussion has gotten out of hand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users