HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Use of a Controller_

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic

#1 Gigant

Gigant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted September 02 2012 - 03:18 AM

I'm sorry if someone already posted and/or asked about this already. I did a search with no results. If there is a post about this already, by all means point me to it.

Will Hawken allow controller(joystick) use_ (USB Logitech/Xbox 360 controller/etc)
It was worth it at the time.

#2 FatnSassy

FatnSassy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 06:24 AM

im not sure, i havnt heard about it or the ability to. i have seen asking about joysticks, with some speculation but not much else. i think if you will be able we wont know for a little while yet
3-5-12 -> Enlisted to Fight
8-13-12 -> Joined Forums
12-12-12 -> Playing Hawken_

#3 Gigant

Gigant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted September 02 2012 - 06:00 PM

I see. It's not a huge deal. If I have to use a keyboard/mouse, i'll just have to get better at it.

#4 Kreved

Kreved

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted September 02 2012 - 10:59 PM

I heard in interview (from E3 or other expo, I guess_) that Hawken will totaly support gamepads. And first target platform for this game was XBox Live Arcade (before Hawken had become f2p).

So don't worry about that, your gamepad won't stay without work  :)

#5 Pawken

Pawken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted September 02 2012 - 11:02 PM

Kreved said:

I heard in interview (from E3 or other expo, I guess_) that Hawken will totaly support gamepads. And first target platform for this game was XBox Live Arcade (before Hawken had become f2p).

So don't worry about that, your gamepad won't stay without work  :)

I heard that too
Posted Image

#6 Kreved

Kreved

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted September 03 2012 - 06:03 AM

Posted Image

#7 GUEST!!

GUEST!!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted September 04 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yeah, there was that interview. Even if it doesn't support it in the end, the plethora of gamepad mappers out there will mean that it won't take much to make a gamepad work with it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 Anthony817

Anthony817

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted September 06 2012 - 12:05 PM

Well I got this bad boy here and I need to give it a work out...

Posted Image

Every since I seen this back in the day I dreamed of using an expencive joystick for a mech game.

Posted Image

#9 Gigant

Gigant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted September 06 2012 - 01:51 PM

Nice guys, thanks for the feedback.  :mrgreen:

#10 SikSlayer

SikSlayer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted September 06 2012 - 02:02 PM

I REALLY hope they add 360 controller support as well. I know a number of people for which that is a make a break feature.

#11 Finstern

Finstern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 06 2012 - 02:03 PM

You know if you have a Steel Battalion controller the bit that plugs into an Xbox is USB with a stupid non standard connector. You can splice the cable with a regular USB and plug it in, there's tons of drivers out there for them!

#12 BloodApathy

BloodApathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted September 07 2012 - 04:30 PM

I will admit i'd love controller support on this game. Just not sure how all the mapping would work, or if there is enough buttons lol.
It wont hurt once the pain goes away

Spreading "Excitement" Rainbows Across The Interwebs.

#13 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 07 2012 - 05:31 PM

Blood Apathy said:

I will admit i'd love controller support on this game. Just not sure how all the mapping would work, or if there is enough buttons lol.

The game was originally intended for XBLA and the developers have said it hss full gamepad support.
(/^▽^)/

#14 BloodApathy

BloodApathy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted September 07 2012 - 07:22 PM

Varaka said:

Blood Apathy said:

The game was originally intended for XBLA and the developers have said it hss full gamepad support.

This is true, but a lot can change in the dev cycle.  While yes it'll be awesome if they have it, i have seen other games say they'd have controller support and then the devs have dropped it due to the evolution of the game, rendering game pads...well less than optimal.

Look forward to it either way.
It wont hurt once the pain goes away

Spreading "Excitement" Rainbows Across The Interwebs.

#15 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 08 2012 - 06:16 AM

Blood Apathy said:

Varaka said:

Blood Apathy said:

The game was originally intended for XBLA and the developers have said it has full gamepad support.

This is true, but a lot can change in the dev cycle.  While yes it'll be awesome if they have it, i have seen other games say they'd have controller support and then the devs have dropped it due to the evolution of the game, rendering game pads...well less than optimal.

Look forward to it either way.

True as well, but I do believe they would have said something about dropping game pad support.

Either way the game still looks great of course.
(/^▽^)/

#16 Not_Hunter

Not_Hunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted September 09 2012 - 10:09 AM

I personally wouldn't mind much if pads weren't supported. I don't mind learning mouse/keyboard controls, so the only real problem would be everyone else being so good that I never get a chance to catch up, but that's kinda unlikely.

Xbox controllers would just make the transition easier, but my personal dream is that I can somehow use a PS3 controller. I LOVE THOSE THINGS.  If not, I have an adapter for PS2 controllers, so that would work too.
Console Contact info
PSN: Troidhunter13 / Not-Hunter
Xbox: Troidhunter

Play Amored Core V_ Join Dragon Guard 514 and get 3,000,000 Au just for signing up!

#17 Logic

Logic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted September 13 2012 - 11:04 PM

to Anthony817 pictures of the joysticks

Ya that looks amazing that gets major immersion points probably feel like you where piloting a mobile suit.

#18 Maligkno

Maligkno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted September 15 2012 - 07:58 AM

yes they will, already they have mention they wanted to make hawken for psn and xbl so they were working on xbox control's at the same time whit the pc version, although nothing beats mouse and keyboard so i don't see any reason why any1 should care.

Posted Image

#19 pezzott1

pezzott1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 08:15 PM

I cant imagine how someone with a controller would be able to keep up with the speed of this game. :(

#20 L3apyearmonkey

L3apyearmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted September 15 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm sure it will have 360 controller support, I mean, it already has occulus rift support, why not a 360 controller_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users