HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

#hawkenscrim on quakenet IRC for organized games

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted February 11 2013 - 09:17 AM

We've started running organized games.  We've had two successful nights on Thursday and Sunday of organized 5v5's and 6v6's.  

To make it a regular thing we need more interested players to make the needed 12 man player count.

If you think you would have more fun playing in a game where the teams are balanced and people communicate than in a random pub, you should come idle in #hawkenscrim and jump in the next organized game.

We are still getting ramped up so the atmosphere is very casual, there are no rules, and no microphone requirements.  However it would be convenient if you have mumble so that you can listen to others.

See Rei's streaming thread for a examples of what to expect:
http://community.pla...nscrim-matches/

If you are at all interested come stop by #hawkenscrim on quakenet IRC:
http://webchat.quake...els=hawkenscrim

View PostSaturnine, on February 11 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

Also, no real clan or skill requirements - whether you are with a group, not part of a group, are a Wandering Gun, whatever, you're more than welcome! :) We do try to balance for skill when we know the capabilities of those participating, though it's not always perfect.

Edited by RentAKnight, February 11 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Inactive.

#2 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:07 AM

People need to be on IRC! These matches are all great and I'm almost thinking of starting a little ranking record too! I want to collect stats on games and players to know where everyone stands. I'll probably start it next time.

edit: not yet. Not until private servers at least so we don't have to deal with random pubs that come in when people drop out...

Edited by Rei, February 11 2013 - 10:32 AM.

!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:10 AM

Also, no real clan or skill requirements - whether you are with a group, not part of a group, are a Wandering Gun, whatever, you're more than welcome! :) We do try to balance for skill when we know the capabilities of those participating, though it's not always perfect.

But we do tend to get it pretty damn close - if our several games where both teams were down to less than 100 base health each have been any indication.

So get in on the action! If nothing else you'll be having fun with some cool dudes and dudettes.

Edited by Saturnine, February 11 2013 - 10:33 AM.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#4 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:15 AM

Too many fatty C's last night. Had to kamikazi S2 to bring their health down so we could take it, lol.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#5 BiO

BiO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTgz, Chis.

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:21 AM

First two matches that I play with you guys... was really fun and very close games. I never had to worry for rage quit and be 2v6 like in pub matches xD.

Looking forward for more fun matches! :lol:

Laptop - MSI GT780DX | i7-2630QM | NVIDIA GTX570M 1.5GB GDDR5 | 17.3" FHD 1920x1080 | 8GB DDR3 | 750GB 7200RPM | Windows 7 Home Premium

Posted Image

#6 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:23 AM

I'd be interested in joining these organized matches. Although, my skill isn't that high and is still improving, I hope that's not a problem.

Get your hard on.

#7 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted February 11 2013 - 10:30 AM

It's ok, we'll try to balance teams accordingly between matches if it's too much of a stomp. Also the game autobalances teams anyway.

Though we won with 1 brawler, 1 berserker, AND 4 BRUISERS(but they did have two pubs lol)
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#8 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 11 2013 - 11:59 AM

These are the most exciting, closest matches I've experienced in Hawken. I highly recommend you come check it out regardless of level. This group is incredibly open and very willing to trade tips and tricks with some of the less experienced pilots.

We do our best to ensure the teams are balanced and cycle players around to keep things fresh.

Drop by IRC for more information and heads up as to when they're getting started.

I hope to see some new faces around :)
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#9 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted February 11 2013 - 12:23 PM

Where were you yesterday Siccus_ We could have taken over the bases easily with two EOCs, they had a lot of Brawlers.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#10 Brave_Sir_Robin

Brave_Sir_Robin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNearby the model of Camelot

Posted February 11 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm hoping to get in on this sometime this week (unfortunately, tonight is a bit booked with IRL projects I have going on).

Posted Image

Need some advice on your next Mech_ Check out this thread!

#11 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted February 11 2013 - 12:46 PM

I will try! Becoming a bigger part of the community is better for me especially just by playing Hawken!
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#12 Rekkr

Rekkr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted February 11 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostSaturnine, on February 11 2013 - 10:10 AM, said:

But we do tend to get it pretty damn close - if our several games where both teams were down to less than 100 base health each have been any indication.

So get in on the action! If nothing else you'll be having fun with some cool dudes and dudettes.

What time, on what days_

#13 SickDownlink

SickDownlink

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted February 11 2013 - 01:21 PM

Very interested in this, ill start chillin in the chat.
10000100010010010011101000101000 : SickDownlink
Posted Image

#14 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 11 2013 - 01:31 PM

Will be keeping an eye on this. Sadly, Thursdays and Sundays clashes with other hawken commitments I currently have. Do you get many EU/UK players joining in or this mainly NA players taking part_ What servers do you guys use_

Posted Image

#15 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted February 11 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostRekkr, on February 11 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

What time, on what days_

If we have the player count, every night of the week.  The most likely nights of being able to meet the player count have thus far been Thurs, Sat, and Sunday.  Wed and Fri are difficult because of The Cockpit and BSB Fight Club.  Maybe Mondays and Tuesdays will work out once more people start idling in the IRC channel.
Inactive.

#16 RentAKnight

RentAKnight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted February 11 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostSubdivision, on February 11 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Will be keeping an eye on this. Sadly, Thursdays and Sundays clashes with other hawken commitments I currently have. Do you get many EU/UK players joining in or this mainly NA players taking part_ What servers do you guys use_

Deaod is a UK player and has participated on both nights.  However, we are primarily US players so will be playing on US servers.  We have been doing US East so that Deaod can participate and ping under 150.  If we get a large enough EU player base, we could do an EU server where the East guys all ping ~150.

The real problem is that West players can't play on EU and EU players can't play on West :(
Inactive.

#17 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted February 11 2013 - 03:45 PM

US East is normally ok. Not ideal but ok enough. It is in the middle of the three US West/East and UK so its probably best.

Posted Image

#18 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted February 11 2013 - 11:34 PM

View PostSylhiri, on February 11 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Where were you yesterday Siccus_ We could have taken over the bases easily with two EOCs, they had a lot of Brawlers.
I must have logged on just after you left. It's alright though, at least one man must always be carrying the EOC torch. It is our sacred duty.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#19 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted February 15 2013 - 03:51 PM

Is it true that (back when server browser was available) IRC used to be able to kick start HAWKEN games_ Because if it is, that's a terrible loss.

Edited by Conquistador, February 15 2013 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users