HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

State of Triplewide support (NV Surround / AMD Eyefinity)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#101 Slide2Die

Slide2Die

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  • LocationIN A DUEL HAHAHAHA

Posted January 21 2014 - 07:55 AM

oh man i dream about that ingame commin back!

Posted Image
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Duels_ I'm ready send me a pm and i play! TAD = The art of DUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't try to beat me, just do it.

#102 WuJJ

WuJJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 12:28 AM

I just received my invitation for Steam access. Thank you. However, it's sad to learn that after more than half a year, nothing has changed for triple monitor. I put my Hawken on hold half a year ago waiting for better triple monitor support, and looks like i will have to put it on hold for much longer.

I am not even asking for fixing HUDs, etc since I am used to so many broken games that don't care about those. However, having a weird aspect ratio and everything zoomed in like crazy is no go. Please fix it. Nowadays, if you want to claim an FPS game as top-notch experience, you can't go without proper triple monitor support. Especially at some point, I believe your touted your game graphics.

Please. I will come back once that's fixed. Thank you.

#103 ReFLeX135

ReFLeX135

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted February 11 2014 - 04:13 PM

A year ago today the this thread was started. I am very dissapointed that after all of that time this has not be implemented yet. It truly makes me feel like the devs do not care about this at all. I now give up my hope for this game. I realy did enjoy it at 1080p but I'm just too used to 3 screens. Too bad.

#104 CrippleZero

CrippleZero

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 18 2014 - 06:18 PM

Searching through the forums and found this thread.  I am also running the triple monitor setup with 3 ASUS LED monitors.  I understand that "prioritizing" means looking in to better compatibility with Oculus (and whatever else), but wouldn't it be more advantageous to look further into triple monitor support patches first, or at least equal priority_

It is more advantageous for the players to buy 3 monitors now that are guaranteed to work vs spending the nearly the same money on an Oculus that, for obvious reasons is awesome, but still technically in testing/beta stage (that will continuously will require re-coded until retail)_  Those of us NOT rich enough to keep buying Oculus over and over as each iteration comes out would like some support as well for our 'triplewide' setups.

#105 S17_eduncan911

S17_eduncan911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 09:19 AM

2x Titans in SLI (custom BIOS @ 1202 / 7000 Mhz)
Asus R4BE w/4930k @ 4.8 Ghz, 16 GB @ 2400 Mhz
Tri-120 Hz 3D 24" monitors @ 5760x1080 (bezel corrected @ 6000x1080) @ 120 Hz

After trying the beta stuff and not seeing widescreen support, I moved on.  Mostly been playing MWO (and spending my money there over the years) since they do have true "TrippleWide" as the dev calls it here.

Like others mentioned in this thread (yeah, read the WHOLE thing), I got the Steam listing email and happy to see it in Steam.  Went ahead and went all out on the "Nemesis Bundle."  

Saw the TrippleWide still isn't fixed.

Then... I found this thread.  I'm wondering, how do we go about getting a refund on the grounds the game is incomplete/broken on my system (doesn't support TrippleWide)_

Defunding is the quickest way to "get someone's attention."

Edited by S17_eduncan911, February 25 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#106 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted February 25 2014 - 09:50 AM

This is something that will take time. They have a team at Adhesive made up of like 33 last known. Of that most are artists and maybe 3 or 4 are programmers. The programmers have been fully busy for a very long time completely changing the game and fir ascention they completely rewrote the game to fix numerous performance issues. This is going to take a good portion of programming and has been taking a back seat for higher priority features and fixes. One of those being steam.

#107 Msm903

Msm903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 10:18 AM

I honestly believed if it was done correctly the first time then it would have not been an issue. Since they chose not to implement it from scratch, trying to add it now may be time consuming and game breaking. I know I am only one user but sadly I cannot play it anymore in the current configuration, it is just not enjoyable to me without a triple monitor setup.

#108 TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted February 25 2014 - 04:30 PM

Now that Hawken is fun again, I'd love to hear from a Dev again about the status of triple wide support. Is it still something on the table, or has its time passed_

I dream about stomping around the AA in my Brawler swatting away A's like flies in wonderful proper triplewide with surround sound blaring. I'm a little tight in the pants just writing this. Please make this dream a reality...

Edited by TURDxSANDWICH, February 25 2014 - 04:33 PM.

#109 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted February 25 2014 - 05:11 PM

View PostS17_eduncan911, on February 25 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Then... I found this thread.  I'm wondering, how do we go about getting a refund on the grounds the game is incomplete/broken on my system (doesn't support TrippleWide)_
Do I read this right_ O_o You want a refund because the game doesn't support your above-average system_ Hell, I demand a refund for FPS being capped at 90FPS, obviously incomplete/broken on my system with 144Hz monitor O_o /sarcasm
Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#110 TURDxSANDWICH

TURDxSANDWICH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 06:52 PM

So, some interesting findings about playing Hawken in triplewide.

I came across this link in a different thread about adjusting FOV, and thought it might be relevant to triplewide.  Turns out it is...kind of.

https://docs.google....drive_web&pli=1

If you follow this part of the instructions, you can fix one of the problems with triplewide

[font=Trebuchet MS]Search for “Maintain” (If using notepad, press CTRL+F, type “Maintain”, and hit enter)[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS]That should take you to this line:[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]“AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainXFOV[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS]Change the X after “AspectRatio_Maintain” to a Y so that it looks like this:[/font]
[font=Trebuchet MS]“AspectRatioAxisConstraint=AspectRatio_MaintainYFOV[/font]

by making that change (X to Y), the battlefield will become a true 5760x1080 view of this with proper FOV as opposed to the zoomed in middle third of a 1920x1080 screen.

However, its not a complete fix because the cockpit itself is still a zoomed in middle third of the 1920x1080 cockpit.  This means you can see the score, your health, boost, and radar screen stretched across three screens.  However, you can't see the bottom of the fuzzy bunny pit to know how much time you have left on your ability cooldown, or which item you have selected for use.

So, Hawken community, please join me in my search through the ini files to see if there is something that can fix the cockpit as well.

EDIT:  Many thanks to whoever put together that google doc and to hendman for posting it in another thread.

Edited by TURDxSANDWICH, March 09 2014 - 06:53 PM.

#111 VisionCloud

VisionCloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 09:55 PM

Another name to add to the list of people hoping for surround support.

#112 Kor_Fox

Kor_Fox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 18 2014 - 02:52 PM

Just finally moved back into my house, hooked up the computer and decided to play some hawken only to realize it's completely unplayable on triple monitor widescreen. How has it been this long and still no UI fix_

Will they ever fix this issue or should I just stop trying to play on my desktop. I really would like to see this issue addressed.

#113 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted June 18 2014 - 04:25 PM

It's on our backlog to address but it's not something we have the resources to make a priority right now unfortunately.

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#114 ReFLeX135

ReFLeX135

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted August 29 2014 - 04:41 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on June 18 2014 - 04:25 PM, said:

It's on our backlog to address but it's not something we have the resources to make a priority right now unfortunately.

So it hasn't been touched since this thread was started_ Darn :(

Edited by ReFLeX135, August 29 2014 - 04:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users