HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Weapons refuse to fire after respawn

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:49 AM

I too had this problem intermittently before latest patch, only it was entire keyboard disabled.  then mouse 3  (my zoom bind) would bring it all back.  this made me remove entire game from system.  after patch reloaded and cant play for more than seconds or after spawn at all. Figure its a local system problem with the keybinds. But since its loaded with "special" security permissions (more than "administrator") cant explore it any further so removed it again. will not reload it again.  MY system!!!!!

ok not all that cranky,,, will check back on progress of bug fixes.   not a bug but would it hurt you to put in a hot lead on iron plate audio file to play when taking fire_  and a little too clunky on movements, even an Abrahams tank can pivot 180 degrees and lock on a target in little over a second.

Edited by RabbidRabbit, March 09 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 09 2013 - 04:44 PM

View PostRabbidRabbit, on March 09 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I too had this problem intermittently before latest patch, only it was entire keyboard disabled.  then mouse 3  (my zoom bind) would bring it all back.  this made me remove entire game from system.  after patch reloaded and cant play for more than seconds or after spawn at all. Figure its a local system problem with the keybinds. But since its loaded with "special" security permissions (more than "administrator") cant explore it any further so removed it again. will not reload it again.  MY system!!!!!

ok not all that cranky,,, will check back on progress of bug fixes.   not a bug but would it hurt you to put in a hot lead on iron plate audio file to play when taking fire_  and a little too clunky on movements, even an Abrahams tank can pivot 180 degrees and lock on a target in little over a second.

Hawken does not require running with admin privs under ordinary circumstances. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

With respect to movement, the movement system in Hawken is very deliberate. There is a maximum turning speed. But if you need to 180, hit shift+s (or whatever your backwards-walk key is) for a quick 180 spin.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 OreaperO

OreaperO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:16 PM

70% of player have this fuzzy bunny problem and they have done nothing to fix it game is unplayable for most player if somone spent money i would be so pissed going on 4 days and still no fix or explanation i have stop playing the game so glad i didn't spend money on it worse bug ever and horrible repair speed way to lose customers all i have to say i might give it another chance once fixed esc work 10% of the time but still who as time to sit and pres esc million time to try and play a game (patch sould have never came out without alittle testing.....) this is ONE of the many bugs with new patch worse update ever.....

#24 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostOreaperO, on March 09 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

70% of player have this fuzzy bunny problem and they have done nothing to fix it game is unplayable for most player if somone spent money i would be so pissed going on 4 days and still no fix or explanation i have stop playing the game so glad i didn't spend money on it worse bug ever and horrible repair speed way to lose customers all i have to say i might give it another chance once fixed esc work 10% of the time but still who as time to sit and pres esc million time to try and play a game (patch sould have never came out without alittle testing.....) this is ONE of the many bugs with new patch worse update ever.....

You clearly have never done any software development whatsoever. This game is still in beta and you're being awfully entitled and whiny. In order to fix the problem, you need to determine the exact source of the problem. Stop spamming every thread about this bug with the same message.

Also be aware that goodbye threads and posts are grounds for immediate suspension from Hawken.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#25 MasterFALE

MasterFALE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 01:06 PM

Personal experience update:

I've noticed that this is much more significant occurrence on Origin than Bazaar or Facility. When it happens on Origin its a 50/50 whether I can get out of the bug or not. I don't usually leave games, but when I'm stuck in helpless bug mode for however long I'm alive I don't have much of an option.

The problem is usually resolvable for me on Origin and Bazaar and also happens with less frequency. I dunno why.
Posted ImageReaper(25), Scout(15), Infiltrator(6), Technician(11), Bruiser(25), CRT(15), SharpShooter(12), Rocketeer(18), Grenadier(12), Brawler(6)

#26 Kaelek

Kaelek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Not Being Able To Play Hawken

Posted March 11 2013 - 04:50 AM

I have had this problem many times and people just say I'm making it up or I was overheated (which I wasn't). Also, as other have said, there is no way to tell when this is going to happen and it just seems to be completely random.
fuzzy bunny

#27 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm having this problem and have submitted a bug report twice - apparently it's a known problem and they are working on it.  But it's been a while now, the problem is obviously related to the patch - And I think something this major must be easily recognized; and I'm wondering what they are doing.  I mean I appreciate and love this game beyond measure.  But this is only happening to select players - it's either related to nvidia drivers or some really bad design changes with the patch - but I think they should have found it by now.  It seems as though many players are not affected by this at all and to the many, many others that this is happenig to they really seem to not respond with any type of answer or explanation as to how and when this will be addressed.  Could they possibly be targeting players for not buying credits_  I don't know except to say that if I change the settings in my textures or any part of the video settings - this brings the hud and systems back and they are operational again - but as we all know when we die and respawn the whole thing happens again, so each time you have to click settings, video settings - change settings then resume after applying and what not; only to have it not work this time or sometimes work this time  makes this the most unenjoyable game in the process ( in the world).  CHESS!  is more exciting in moments like these.

It seems that if I as a player can change my settings and have some results after jumping some hoops the guys coding this stuff can easily just keep the on button from being the off button.  But hey, maybe it's just me.

Again, this is affecting many players not just a select few, they all have something in common - if I had to guess as I stated before it's probably got something to do with video drivers or video cards ( a driver related issue perhaps ); however it was all working just peachy before the patch.  Turn it on please.  "FREE TO PLAY"  Just saying.

Edited by THEDRIVEN, March 11 2013 - 09:47 AM.

#28 RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted March 11 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hawken does not require running with admin privs under ordinary circumstances. Make sure your drivers are up to date.

With respect to movement, the movement system in Hawken is very deliberate. There is a maximum turning speed. But if you need to 180, hit shift+s (or whatever your backwards-walk key is) for a quick 180 spin.   

Thanks Elix but wan't saying needed to run in admin mode,  was cranky about the files all being loaded under super priveliges ("special") making them a pain to play with the files.  Started playing with fps configs back at doom/quake and thru quake3/Urban terror mod.

My belief is that with all the binds for gameboy, ps3, etc, its flooding the windows message pump.  a problem Ive run into and fixed previously by eliminating all key binds not needed. was looking for a method to do that to all the secondary binds when my system told me I wasn't admin enough to do that.

know about the spin by backup an boost key. first time bumping those I almost lost my lunch (jk) , very disorienting ><

Just so not only whinging , , , excellent game , very engaging, I did spend almost 2 days straight playing when first loaded.

OH and

I'll be back

Edited by RabbidRabbit, March 11 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#29 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 11 2013 - 01:42 PM

View PostTHEDRIVEN, on March 11 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

I mean I appreciate and love this game beyond measure.  But this is only happening to select players - it's either related to nvidia drivers or some really bad design changes with the patch - but I think they should have found it by now.

Software development is a porcupine like that. Computers are far too complex for any single human mind to comprehend. There are layers and layers of abstraction and pre-processing, never mind compiler optimization, between the code that the devs write and the machine language that gets executed on your processor when you launch Hawken.

I have an AMD card, so, no, it isn't driver-specific.

they really seem to not respond with any type of answer or explanation as to how and when this will be addressed.

Because they're working on it. Would you rather that they work on it, or talk about how they're working on it_

Could they possibly be targeting players for not buying credits_

As a Vanguard Initiative owner and someone who's spent a significant amount of MC on decorative camos and such, absolutely not. That's a lame conspiracy theory and is frankly insulting to the devs.

It seems that if I as a player can change my settings and have some results after jumping some hoops the guys coding this stuff can easily just keep the on button from being the off button.  But hey, maybe it's just me.

That's just you misunderstanding the nature of software bugs completely.

if I had to guess as I stated before it's probably got something to do with video drivers or video cards ( a driver related issue perhaps ); however it was all working just peachy before the patch.  Turn it on please.  "FREE TO PLAY"  Just saying.

Again, you have no idea what's actually at work, here. If it was as easy as the way you think it is, the developers would have already done it. People are seriously angry about this bug. WHY would a developer voluntarily cheese off their own customers like this with a huge bug that makes Hawken nearly unplayable_ What sort of logic is that_

View PostRabbidRabbit, on March 11 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Thanks Elix but wan't saying needed to run in admin mode,  was cranky about the files all being loaded under super priveliges ("special") making them a pain to play with the files.

What the bucket did you do to your local policies_ I don't have any problems like that and I run an Administrator account on Win 7 Ultimate x64. (I understand the risks of running with a non-limited-user account, and I'm competent enough to manage my own system, so it's worth it to me to not have to log out of a limited-user account just to install something.)

#30 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 07:34 PM

I know it was working perfectly before the patch.  And I know it's my choice to play this lovely game - when it's lovely.

#31 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 07:47 PM

Again, you have no idea what's actually at work, here. If it was as easy as the way you think it is, the developers would have already done it. People are seriously angry about this bug. WHY would a developer voluntarily cheese off their own customers like this with a huge bug that makes Hawken nearly unplayable_ What sort of logic is that_

Dude,

I don't have to know any of that - if I did know that I'd be fixing it myself.  The fact is you have some good points - but just because you make it a point to disagree with me does not mean I don't have a point.  The game in it's current state really makes it impossible to enjoy the game at all - it's frustrating to all of the people it's affecting ; it feels like your trying out one of those trials at best buy or something.   I take - as i'm sure all the others players this bug is affecting also do - a good amount of time just launching the launcher, signing in waiting for the splash, waiting for people to ready up, then waiting for the game to launch, then pick a mech and launch my mech, kill a couple of dudes, then I'm killed the rest of the match I die - because of this bug that wasn't there on the 4th ( before the patch) and so I have two choices: 1. quit to desktop and remove the game from my computer or 2. try, try, try, try again - can you guess which of the two many of us have done_  How about both_

And so after all of that - do you see the point_  Just remove the patch or the portion of the patch that was changed that controls this part of the mech reload at respawn - I mean there is a back up right_  It's just really, really annoying and makes people not want to bother with the time involved.  Talking smack to players who would make their own video game if they could like they should if they don't like it is just gonna make people look elsewhere like the xbox 360 for AC or MW and the several other games available.  I guess what I'm trying to say is you have a lot of players that have invested much of their time to be involved in the beta and you are getting our response - after all - this is the beta is it not_  So in beta we are letting you know: man this is really annoying and not worth it in the state it's in as a result of the patch - it would be quite simple to fix this by patch removal - if you can leave the map great, if not - it can wait - in my opinion.

Don't get mad, I'm not mad.  I just don't like loading a game to play one life - I haven't finished a match since the patch.

Edited by THEDRIVEN, March 11 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#32 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 11 2013 - 08:16 PM

Okay, so you want to complain. Fine.

But you still don't understand the difficulty in fixing software bugs. And, no, it isn't that simple. This is what I'm telling you.

Here's a hypothetical example of what this kind of bug tends to go like: The devs add the server browser. Now sound is broken and the Rocketeer doesn't ever overheat, even though neither overheating nor sound was touched at all. Do you see how this might be difficult to troubleshoot_

I'm not a dev, but I suspect nothing about how the mechs spawn was touched in this patch... but it still broke. And the devs are trying to figure out how to get the error to replicate itself consistently. Once they can get a reproduction of the bug, then they can figure out why it's happening, and when they figure out the why, they figure out how to fix what's broken.

If it was as easy as you are saying it is, it would be fixed already. I'm saying this for a reason. The devs know how annoying this is, because there are a number of threads about it already, full of complaining players -- and this includes me.

Edited by Elix, March 11 2013 - 08:20 PM.

#33 RabbidRabbit

RabbidRabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted March 13 2013 - 05:23 PM

What the bucket did you do to your local policies_ I don't have any problems like that and I run an Administrator account on Win 7 Ultimate x64. (I understand the risks of running with a non-limited-user account, and I'm competent enough to manage my own system, so it's worth it to me to not have to log out of a limited-user account just to install something.)

That was my issue, a brand new security level "SPECIAL" in my security settings.  I too run under top kahuana on this system, with enough firewalls, server, etc. in my lan to handle it (mostly).  If/when Ido get hacked just pull out my most current master disc image and re clone the hd end of prob.

will look into it closer if is not the norm, would really like to fiddle with the code,

as for it being the same only worse of what experienced b4 the patch, , ,  after several days playing the patch it most definetly is NOT the same issue I encountered b4.  as you have tried to get across to Driven the complexity is astounding well beyond a simple fix.  If it were a chevy a quick twist of the distributor would be a fix (or so say your shadetree mechs. lol)

I do beleive it is related to the keybinds though, it appears (looking thru the ini files) that there are several layers of keybinds to include different kinds of controllers and such, , to many I'd bet, windows hates to many commands coming in and will just purge/ignore what it wants to. Previous experience with a "virtual key" binding controller  proved that to me years ago.

The game is a HOOT and I would like to  help improve it,

#34 VV818Iani

VV818Iani

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 03:30 AM

YES!!!! So glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Well, not glad. I wish that none of us had this fuzzy bunny problem, but I feel relieved that I have other people to relate to. I had also filed a bug report and they told me that I need a GeForce Card.... should I wait to get one since you guys are saying that the developers are trying to fix this_ Please reply.

#35 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 14 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostVV818Iani, on March 14 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

YES!!!! So glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. Well, not glad. I wish that none of us had this fuzzy bunny problem, but I feel relieved that I have other people to relate to. I had also filed a bug report and they told me that I need a GeForce Card.... should I wait to get one since you guys are saying that the developers are trying to fix this_ Please reply.

A GeForce card_ What card do you currently have_

#36 C_Fu

C_Fu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 07:53 AM

I too have this problem. HUD doesn't come up after respawn, so I had to press Esc twice.

But sometimes that doesn't work too. So I'd lower my settings, and voila it works again.

Then it happened again, so I keep on lowering. So I'm guess this bug has got to do with the rendering in-game. I noticed that after a few minutes the framerate will GRADUALLY drops to a crawl.

So when this happens, I'd try to point somewhere where the framerate gets higher, press esc, wait, then press esc again. I could play high before, but not now.

#37 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hi all,

Yeah, this is happening to me too.  The suggestion above is the best solution until the new patch is released.  Hit escape and toggle your chat key repeatedly then escape again, keep doing this and it should return after sometime.  I got this to work for an entire match like this but the last time during a match - this didn't work either - why would that be the case_

At the risk of starting an argument; ,.. have any of you posting here that this is happening to spent any money on this game yet_  I haven't.  I'd hate to think this is being done on purpose - I highly doubt it, but you never know.  Again, I'm sure this is not the case, but if everyone having this problem have that in common, I think it may be a normal assumption at this point.  If this is not the case, did they somehow maybe raise the specs_  Because many players are not having this problem,...and it makes me wonder - we can't all have the same video cards,...so it's not a driver issue, I'm wondering it after the patch - the game has been geared more to people with higher end computers,...this is quite frustrating because it was working fine before the patch.  And to make it so that people have to buy a whole new computer to play a "free to play" game - well - lets just say I have an xbox360 with Armored Core on it.

Edited by THEDRIVEN, March 14 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#38 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted March 14 2013 - 04:25 PM

View PostTHEDRIVEN, on March 14 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

have any of you posting here that this is happening to spent any money on this game yet_  I haven't.  I'd hate to think this is being done on purpose

This has already been mentioned and it's a ludicrous conspiracy theory with no basis in reality. I've spent >$60, plus I have a Vanguard Initiative pack. And the bug affects me almost every single respawn.

This is also not a problem confined to low-spec machines.

Software bugs are weird and zany, get used to it.

Also:

View PostScapes, on March 14 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Attention, pilots!

The HAWKEN servers will be unavailable at 5:00 PM PDT (GMT-7) on March 14 to introduce a the following game updates:
  • The "disappearing HUD" bug that prevents weapon and item use after re-spawning should now be fixed.

#39 MasterFALE

MasterFALE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 05:45 PM

View PostElix, on March 14 2013 - 04:25 PM, said:

Also:

View PostScapes, on March 14 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

Attention, pilots!

The HAWKEN servers will be unavailable at 5:00 PM PDT (GMT-7) on March 14 to introduce a the following game updates:
  • The "disappearing HUD" bug that prevents weapon and item use after re-spawning should now be fixed.

YES!
Posted ImageReaper(25), Scout(15), Infiltrator(6), Technician(11), Bruiser(25), CRT(15), SharpShooter(12), Rocketeer(18), Grenadier(12), Brawler(6)

#40 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted April 06 2013 - 10:26 PM

This issue has returned with the latest patch. It went away with a patch fix a few cycles ago, but with the latest patch I get the same "perma-EMPed" effect I used to. It goes away if I die, leave the server and rejoin, or if I switch mechs using the MA/Siege panels.

Edited by Conquistador, April 06 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users