HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

A windy day on Illal

• Please log in to reply
265 replies to this topic

#241 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 13 2013 - 10:24 PM

View Postropefish, on May 13 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on May 07 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

View Postropefish, on May 07 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

the inside of the spire was organic, smooth and curved there were strange docking mechanisms with half built,almost like they were degrading,strange mechs. along the walls there were holo monitors and data was seeming to load onto them...almost as if, they were rebooting for something. but the inside also looked almost looked asleep, the inside filled with dust, with the drones whizzing by caring materials.  
but what struck Eldritch the most was the sheer number of drones working and rebooting the systems, something WAS going on, and he was there for a reason, he knew it know, his fate was sealed.

somewhere on the outside of illal

system on

synchronizing spires.....

load complete

this could be a second graphic novel

"well let the game begin" said a voice in the dark room some 500 ft above the 'non-existent' area
the second spier shook, it split and raised out of the ground revealing a mech of uncumbrahimzilbible (don't  know how to spell this one)  size, it moved on four legs to the first spier, the top seemed to be a huge rail gun,

the voice spoke "well , that was more dramatic than expected" the voice seemed old, and robotic
Damn, looks like I've been ninja'd...

Looks as If i'm going to have to initiate a change of plans...

I'll PM you and Silent man ASAP for a discussion and debrief.
when will i get the pm_______ hmmmmmm...
lol
rofl loihoguiygy/oyp
egatejr
Well, ever since a few weeks, the link for it has... disappeared. It happens often.

But wanted to know is, is your involvement in this thread just random, or do you actually want to stay and make a beautiful story here with the rest of us_

(PS: If so, make a Player Character... quick.)
< TEXT-FIELD >

#242 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted May 14 2013 - 04:22 PM

yussssss!!!!!!!

my carecter...... the voice in the spire (is yet to be revealed da da daaa)

cant wait for the twist ;}
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#243 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 15 2013 - 02:15 AM

... The inside of the Spire.

Well, at least what he could see with the small amount of photons in the vicinity. The only sources of light were the energy lift they were currently suspended in, 2 more energy lifts around a kilometre away assembled in a triangular pattern, given the Spire's construction and a enormous 'tower', glowing with thin blue lines running down it's massive length, reaching from the top of the Spire to the dark depths below, it's sides faintly bathed in the faint blue light thrown off by the lifts.

The Lieutenant peered at the tower, perplexed. Considering how it ran down the very center of the vast inside of The Machine, it must have some sort of significance. Perhaps it was some sort of reactor, or advanced weapons systems_

There was also something... else that perked his interest. Faint iridescent shapes in the very corners of the Spire's wall, faintly illuminated by the elevator's ambience. Eldritch hit the zoom on his mech's cameras, but it was too far away to make out any significant details.

He pinged Dr Sient 40 metres above him, only to receive static on his radio, crackling like it was mocking him. The energy from the lift was interfering, he would have to wait and get off the lift before he could talk-

The energy life stopped abruptly, suspensing the 2 mechs in the cold, dank air of the Spire, and an ear splitting grinding noise sounded from behind them. Deciding to get a better view, Eldritch burned his thrusters, wobbling slightly before stabilizing.

The wall of the Spire in front of him had opened upwards, in plate-like segments, exposing the outside world and spilling sunlight into the interior of the Spire, golden beams slicing through the darkness, illuminating it and getting gradually bigger as the 'plates' continued to open...

Revealing a Prosk Battlegroup in the distance, made from many battleships of varying class and dimensions, glinting in the sunlight. On the ground below them, they were flanked by a massive landforce of mechs, Self propelled artillery and missile platforms, and various other artillery pieces. Slightly further in the distance lay the Prosk FOB that the lieutenant had embarked from earlier the day before, similarly bristling with weapons.

A quick 180 Degree burn also showed the pilot through the another battlegroup in the distance, with a simliar landforce below them. It appeared that Sentium had also joined the party.

The Cupcake's communication's pinged, indicating an incoming transmission, displaying it on Eldritch's HUD;

It displayed a badly corrupted order for surrender

THIS&*% S *^*& PROSK**&^$ COMMAND&^* R EG82#&^@

##%^$)ORDER*^&*$THA*%$%9STAND(&^DOWN*%$&SURRENDER^$^

(&*&OPEN(^*FIIIIIREE&*%^*&

Several agonizing seconds passed, the 2 helpless to move in the confines of the energy lifts. Callsign Eldritch looked at the battlegroups.

As they had promised, several seconds after, a torrent of missiles, shells and other varied munitions erupted from the Fleet of battleships, with their respective Landforce  firing off salvos. Arcing towards the machine, the metallic messengers of death streaked through the air, and towards the open doors of the Spire-

-and then they stopped, as if an invisible force had reduced all incoming motion and cancelled it, out. The morning sun glinted off the conical shapes of the weapons. Eldritch eyed this new development with a hint of relief. They weren't going to die in a massive fireball, at least for the time being. But what had stopped the incoming fire_ Most likely some sort of kinetic barrier. But now that they had been entrapped in it, what was Lewis planning on-

Almost as if on Que, the munitions were spat out of the containment field surrounding the Machine, and sent flying towards their respective origins. The Battleships and Mechs below, having no such energy shielding were decimated by their own weaponry, burning wrecks and metal crashing to the desert sand below to join the smoldering mechanical skeletons littering the ground.

Eldritch shivered at the carnage he had witnessed. Turning away, he spun the Cupcake around on it's axis centering on the corners of the Spire's wall were the organic shapes he had observed earlier in the darkness. Now bathed in the sunlight spilling through the open 'doors' of the Spire. Hitting the zoom on his HUD, the now-curious lieutenant peered at the shapes-

And wished he hadn't.

The faint iridiscent shapes earlier seen were the outlines of Battleship-sized grotesque abominations that clung to the corners of the Spire, strecthing from the depths below, to the heights above. These things were much like the strange organic looking, reconnaissance drones he and the Doctor had seen leaving the Spire earlier, but compared with them, and Prosk's own pseudo organic aesthetic, these were definitely organic and visceral, vein-like lines wrapped around them in various patterns, laced with various metal components haphazardly implanted in the creatures.

Due to time constraints, the second half of this will be added later.

It will get bloody.

Edited by The_Eldritch_Abomination, June 30 2013 - 07:50 PM.

< TEXT-FIELD >

#244 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 15 2013 - 07:35 AM

"i saw it, a great machine crawl across the desert, it gleamed in the sun as it moved"
veteran blake sanders

the ground didn't even move as the the 2nd moved across its landscape of endless sand, as if it was merely floating on the sand.
the waveform of grey circling the 2nd moved and floated around it, what it was for was anyone's guess.

inside the dark room the monitors lit up with a warning,"incoming units" said the  cheery on board computer
"give me a visual" said the voice
the screen showed four incoming mechs two scouts one bruiser and a brawler, they were bandits that had the ill fate of finding the 2nd

a load speaker turned on
the on board computer spoke
"please turn back, and no harm will be done"

5 minutes later a large  crater 6000 meters in diameter was left were the 2nd stood
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "

#245 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 15 2013 - 10:01 PM

View Postropefish, on May 15 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

"i saw it, a great machine crawl across the desert, it gleamed in the sun as it moved"
veteran blake sanders

the ground didn't even move as the the 2nd moved across its landscape of endless sand, as if it was merely floating on the sand.
the waveform of grey circling the 2nd moved and floated around it, what it was for was anyone's guess.

inside the dark room the monitors lit up with a warning,"incoming units" said the  cheery on board computer
the screen showed four incoming mechs two scouts one bruiser and a brawler, they were bandits that had the ill fate of finding the 2nd

a load speaker turned on

5 minutes later a large  crater 6000 meters in diameter was left were the 2nd stood
I know this may sound stupid, but is this '2nd spire' meant to be some gargantuan mech_ (Think say, the AT AT walkers from Star Wars or the Scarabs from Halo, only on a much bigger scale.)

And just to elaborate, the 'Spire' is just the lower half of the greater Machine. (Just making sure, can't take chances :ph34r: )
< TEXT-FIELD >

#246 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted May 16 2013 - 05:08 PM

but..but I'm the AI...

Posted Image

#247 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 05:10 PM

<<All systems online, Launching>>

Posted Image

#248 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 05:15 PM

The spire made a final stab into the air, as if trying to kill the sky itself, then it began unfolding...

and unfolding....

plates of metal, each outweighing even the largest battleships collapsed onto the floor to reveal a much larger, much darker "thing" oriented vertically towards the sky

suddenly, a deep roar was heard, the ground below the spire shook, and finally collapsed, the facility in which it was built imploding under the strain of the engines, creating a cavernous hole several kilometers in diameter

the air swarmed black with recon drones, and hundreds of (comparatively) smaller combat carriers emerged from various cells on the surface of the monolithic battleship

A deafening cry emitted from the central tower, a frequency signal that would indicate the beginning of the attack, but to human ears, this shriek sounded like death itself.

Posted Image

#249 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 07:36 PM

View PostThe_Eldritch_Abomination, on May 15 2013 - 10:01 PM, said:

View Postropefish, on May 15 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

veteran blake sanders

a load speaker turned on

I know this may sound stupid, but is this '2nd spire' meant to be some gargantuan mech_ (Think say, the AT AT walkers from Star Wars or the Scarabs from Halo, only on a much bigger scale.)

And just to elaborate, the 'Spire' is just the lower half of the greater Machine. (Just making sure, can't take chances :ph34r: )
yes, but it is incomplete so its more half the size but still pretty big
think of the actual spier now imagine it with four legs that look sleek and aerodynamic on it

its more of the cannon of the greater "machine"

@SILENTJACK good now the game can really begin.... mwa mwa mwa

#250 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 08:00 PM

huh, the spire is a casing, there is nothing else in it but the ship and the drone deployments and.. something else I'll reveal later (mweheheh)

Posted Image

#251 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 08:03 PM

yes but the second* is a -------- which connects to the --------- so that why i said that

*as in the 2nd spier (which isn't hollow )

Edited by ropefish, May 16 2013 - 08:03 PM.

#252 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 09:16 PM

0.o

what are you getting at_

Posted Image

#253 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'm confused... :huh:
< TEXT-FIELD >

#254 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostSilentJacket, on May 16 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

huh, the spire is a casing, there is nothing else in it but the ship and the drone deployments and.. something else I'll reveal later (mweheheh)
Plus, the first spire's meant to be a Pyramid stuck on top of a tower structure. (The former being the upper hal.)

Either way, the idea of the 2 spires combining (Is that what your trying to get at_) is pretty 'rad'. Perhaps we should fit it in_

Edited by The_Eldritch_Abomination, May 17 2013 - 12:07 AM.

< TEXT-FIELD >

#255 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 08:08 AM

yes , that is what i'm saying but the second spire is not hollow it itself is around probably 2/3 the size of the original hollow spier, and it can walk

#256 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 12:15 PM

I'm gunna be honest here, this far into the story (which is wrapping up btw) it's starting to close, you can be another pilot, but for the most part, one gigantic doom machine is enough.

sorry if that comes off as mean, but in terms of the story, it just won't make sense to someone who is reading this like a book

Posted Image

#257 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 17 2013 - 01:09 PM

thats okay, ill pull the plug on it then

#258 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 27 2013 - 04:56 PM

whens the next part, ive been waitin ages

#259 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted May 28 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm Waiting for Eldritch

You can play as a Prosk foot solder, give some perspective of the battlefield

Posted Image

#260 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts

Posted May 28 2013 - 11:47 AM

_-_

i is gonna finish whats i started
then introduce a new perspective
:3:3:3:3
( ;;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users