HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

.NET Framework, AMD CPU drivers

Beta Forum Game Patch Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Fluffranka

Fluffranka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 06 2013 - 10:49 PM

When I installed Hawken, it auto-installed .NET Framework and then restarted my computer without my permission. Upon relaunching I was asked to accept the terms and conditions of AMD CPU drivers even though I have an intel CPU. I rejected the terms and conditions obviously. When I first tried to launch the game it said an instance couldn't be found. I had to end the process and relaunch it.

None of my friends had either of these things happen when they installed Hawken and I'm not sure why it happened to me. I'd like to hear a possible reason from Hawken's developers about why this happened and whether or not I should be concerned.

A quick response would be greatly appreciated.

#2 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted March 07 2013 - 12:52 AM

The .net framework stuff is micro$oft's responsibility.  Same for directX.

I guess if you wanted to you could contact epic games and try to get them to say why their redistributable is doing what its doing.  

But you cannot point blame on Hawken or its developers  for using another companys engine and packaging a redistributable that is provided with anyone who uses said engine.

Edited by SS396, March 07 2013 - 12:52 AM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#3 Kazuki_Takemura

Kazuki_Takemura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 01:11 AM

http://community.pla...l-based-system/

While it will not do any harm installed on a Intel system I understand the concern of not wanting to install anything you don't have to.

Several Games using Unreal engine actually install this without prompting to do so.

The purpose of it it to optimize dual core operations on certain AMD systems.

Nothing to be concerned about....

Edited by Kazuki_Takemura, March 07 2013 - 01:39 AM.

i7-3770K @ 4.7 with Antec Kuhler H20 920 *** Maximus V Extreme *** 16GB Samsung Green @ 2400 *** EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature SLI with custom BIOS @ 1306MHZ with Antec Kuhler H20 620 *** EVGA GTX 650 dedicated PhysX *** OCZ Vertex 4 256GB RAID 0 *** OCZ ZX 1250W *** NZXT Phantom *** WD Caviar Black 2TB RAID 0

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Forum, Game, Patch, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users