HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

[HWK], your actions are killing Hawken in Oceania and Asia.

Beta Community

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Frostings

Frostings

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted March 22 2013 - 07:28 PM

Laugh, find another game for Christs sake. I say this with a bit of sadness because the core game is really fun. And a whole lot of contempt for Devs who have no fuzzy bunny idea.

If your start isn't well done in this region you've killed your game. Unless your game becomes one of the top ten played worldwide. Which face it, ain't happening.

Edited by Frostings, March 22 2013 - 07:30 PM.

"Do you know what a team stack is_ It's when you get a team who're all terrible and then they cry because they've stacked their team with useless."

#22 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted March 22 2013 - 11:49 PM

I think at least having each of the 4 game types always open on Oceania and Asia would help. You could go into one and sit there for a few minutes, hoping for others to join. At the moment if i want to play MA for example, and it isnt even on Oceania, well.... off to US West i go.

#23 Kaelek

Kaelek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Not Being Able To Play Hawken

Posted March 23 2013 - 04:12 AM

I've noticed a lot of Australians and NZ players on the US East and US West servers. They have told me that the oceanic servers are completely unusable for several reasons, including that they get the same ping on the US servers that they get on Asian/Oceanic servers. Although, I enjoy the company of these players, I'm sure they would have a much better time playing with half way decent pings.
fuzzy bunny

#24 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted March 23 2013 - 04:24 AM

^Currently we don't have any oceanic lobbies available to play in at all, hence a lot of us ending up in the 24 man MA games.

The quick match function only ever returns 'no servers matching the request' every time too, so that doesn't help.

#25 aToastfan

aToastfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted March 23 2013 - 05:30 AM

I'm not sure cynicism towards the developers is justified here. Sure, fuzzy bunny might be less than favourable at the moment, but that doesn't by any means imply that it will always be like this.

Anyone hear about a thing called Patience_

They're probably working their asses off on this game, their labour of love, and I'm sure they care about the server issues we're having, but they're not wizards who can make instant changes.

If there's one thing that seems to be present in any company, it's bureaucracy, game developers are no different.

Edited by aToastfan, March 23 2013 - 05:31 AM.

#26 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted March 23 2013 - 09:21 PM

View PostaToastfan, on March 23 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

I'm not sure cynicism towards the developers is justified here. Sure, fuzzy bunny might be less than favourable at the moment, but that doesn't by any means imply that it will always be like this.

Anyone hear about a thing called Patience_

They're probably working their asses off on this game, their labour of love, and I'm sure they care about the server issues we're having, but they're not wizards who can make instant changes.

If there's one thing that seems to be present in any company, it's bureaucracy, game developers are no different.
But some sort of explanation for why they made the choices they did would be nice. I mean, why merge Asia and Oceania in the first place_

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#27 TeleFox

TeleFox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:06 PM

+1, has now been around a week since I last saw an oceania server. No longer seems possible to 'open up' a new match just using Quick Match...
As much as I like the new Facility map, it's getting a little tiring to only have one map to play on @ ~240 ping.
Waiting patiently for a resolution but I'd like to keep this issue visible in the meantime =)

#28 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yeah its just US West now for us aussies.

After a bit of experimenting my tip is to try and play US WEst games where at least half the opposing team's ping is 200+. I'm usually running about 240-300 on US West, and i find when more than half the other team is 200+, things seem perfectly fine. If the other team is running at 40-80 however... well... I usually quit out of those games and go look for another! It is just too frustrating against skilled opponents at that speed. Opposing ping of say 120-150 is borderline for me, depends on a mix of things including how many of my team are also at 150.

I've played quite a few everyone 200+ on US West after 9pm Sydney time this week, and they've been great games (MA and TDM).

#29 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:24 PM

We are still working on deployment for the hotfix. Please use Quick Match for now if you're unable to see anything in the server browser.

Since some of you seem insistent on knowing why they were merged, it is simple. There weren't enough players in each region to allow matchmaking to work (actually find a viable match), so we decided to try merging regions. Otherwise, the player base was simply too fractured.

Now with the server browser, players are ignoring Quick Match and ping times aren't ideal so we working to add those regions back. We can't do hotfixes overnight, even a team as small and relatively agile as us. Thanks for your patience!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#30 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 01:27 PM

Cheers Hughes and thanks for your response. PS - your game is awesome :)

#31 DK

DK

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted March 25 2013 - 06:08 PM

sick and tired of this issue everyday,
Hawken. you guys will be really surprise how skilled many of us here... and will be sorry to lose us just because of fuzzy bunny high ping. simple as that.

#32 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:22 PM

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 25 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Since some of you seem insistent on knowing why they were merged, it is simple. There weren't enough players in each region to allow matchmaking to work (actually find a viable match), so we decided to try merging regions. Otherwise, the player base was simply too fractured.
So rather than just putting something in the patch notes telling us to use the server browser and forcing it to display all servers in that region, you decide to mash two random regions together_ Did you think people wouldn't notice or mind they were being put onto servers with pings of 200-350+, and that they were unable to select a lower ping one themselves_ Or were you not aware of the massive ping difference between the regions_

Actually, that brings up a second point, why not just have the browser display all available servers/lobbies at once, allowing players to filter out the full/empty/not right skill level ones_ Every other server browser I've seen has been able to do it just fine, so it can't be that complicated.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#33 LameFox

LameFox

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted March 25 2013 - 10:51 PM

I saw an oceanic server today with 1/12. :blink: I wonder if it's still there...

Also yeah, I'm not sure what it's like to different places within Asia, but from Australia (and I'm guessing NZ) it's terrible trying to play in Asian servers on any game where I've ever tried it. The hardware from here to there must be really lousy or something by comparison to between here and North America.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users