HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Lovely Rita, Meter Maid..... Newbie

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 13 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hello, My Name is Lovely Rita. I'm currently unemployed.I Originally I'm from Ohio, but currently live in Ontario. This is my second online mmo ever, my first was DFO (: Since they've recently annouced they were closing their servers in June my husband introduced me to Hawken. This is my first online shooter ever and I have to admit I'm getting better, a little better all the time (:
Posted Image

#2 YellerBill

YellerBill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • LocationConstructing Additional Pylons

Posted April 13 2013 - 08:26 AM

Hey, welcome to Hawken! Here's some helpful gameplay advice :)

Tips, by mech:

CR-T Recruit: Your extra health provides some room to make mistakes, and the Assault rifle is one of the best automatics in the game. You can really play any role as a CR-T and get away with it, except for sniping. Don't try CR-T sniping. Use your ability to cool off your weapons when they get close to overheating.

Berserker: You are a faster CR-T. Your ability gives you extra damage, use it when you need a quick advantage over an enemy or a group of enemies. Dodge often.

Infiltrator: You're still partway visible when cloaked. Be careful and stay out of line of sight. When you're ready to attack, strike immediately and strike hard.

Scout: You have an ability to give yourself another full fuel tank. Use it often. Dodge almost continuously. Ignore the Mini-Flak, get the full Flak Cannon.

Reaper: Stay towards the back of your team, soften up targets to help your teammates take them down. Watch out for Sharpshooters and try to force them into cover. Prepare to get a lot of assists and fewer kills.

Assault: Like a CR-T, but without the free health internals and such. Doesn't get an assault rifle until level 25. Widely regarded as a bad purchase.

Sharpshooter: Hang back from the fighting, pick off weakened foes. Use powershot to deal massive amounts of damage.

Bruiser: Long-range Hellfires and short range Vulcan makes for a wierd weapons setup. Can be difficult to play. Armor boost ability helps in a pinch but is not usually a lifesaver.

Raider: Get in close and hit hard. Use your ability to fire while dashing. The Corsair-KLA has super short range when in MIRV mode.

Brawler: You are THE FATTEST SCOUT. Your turret mode is the only worthwhile turret mode in the game, and only when paired with the SA Hawkins.

Grenadier: Super hard to land hits with the Rev-GL, but worth it. Spam around corners when in doubt. It's all worth it once you unlock the HEAT Cannon at level 4. Turret mode occasionally useful, but only rarely.

Rocketeer: Play like a big, angry Reaper. Try to use the Hellfires when the enemy has no cover. Seekers only lock on when you're aiming at the target when you fire them. Turret mode is useless.

Hope these help :D

I was not dead... I was only sleeping.

#3 Rainier

Rainier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 13 2013 - 09:02 AM

Welcome!  It's awesome to see more ladies joining us!  :D

Be sure to check out the Tips and Tricks thread for some awesome advice.  Here's some quick points from me:

You SHOULD snipe with the AR- it ticks people off and will force the snipers to take up a different position. ;)  And you should be dodging all the time with every mech, using cover and line of sight to your advantage.  It has been recommended that one use a Fat Ninja style when playing heavies.  And don't be kill greedy when playing teams!  It's better to stick with your homies and watch each other than worry too much about your K/D ratio, and a lonely mech is easy pickings.

Enjoy!
Posted Image

#4 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted April 13 2013 - 09:39 AM

Welcome aboard, pilot! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#5 The8BitFox

The8BitFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted April 13 2013 - 10:22 AM

Hello and welcome to the HAWKEN community!
We're all friendly here, and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

===== Helpful Guides =====

General: http://goo.gl/jSX0S
Combat: http://goo.gl/hJqsh
Spending HC: http://goo.gl/8zoz3

===== External Links =====

Hawken Wiki: http://goo.gl/kXxvO
Hawken Wikia: http://goo.gl/7htg1
Hawken Reddit: http://goo.gl/YUfsi

My YouTube Playlist: http://goo.gl/pL7dv

===== Forum =====

Posting: Scroll to the bottom of the page on a thread to find where you can post. Some threads are locked to only be posted to by certain people.

Quote: Copies the selected post, and starts a new post with it, this makes replies more understandable.

Like: Shows that you think the comment was funny, helpful, etc.

===== Good Luck! =====

I'm The8BitFox, hope this helped!
See you on the Battlefield!

Posted Image

I'll see you on the battlefield. You won't see me.

#6 Gree

Gree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted April 13 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostLovelyRita, on April 13 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Hello, My Name is Lovely Rita. I'm currently unemployed.I Originally I'm from Ohio, but currently live in Ontario. This is my second online mmo ever, my first was DFO (: Since they've recently annouced they were closing their servers in June my husband introduced me to Hawken. This is my first online shooter ever and I have to admit I'm getting better, a little better all the time (:
I see we have a beatlemaniac here ;)
Welcome to the community :)

#7 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 13 2013 - 11:38 AM

Oh thanks so much for all the advice, the tips about all the different mechs will def be useful

Edited by LovelyRita, April 13 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

#8 SargeantPepper

SargeantPepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 13 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hello, wife. Sitting beside me on the couch. Breaking the FOURTH WALL (of the forums).

Welcome to Hawken.
Posted Image

#9 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 13 2013 - 12:35 PM

Have fun blowing up giant robots! :D

Oh and welcome to Hawken.

Posted Image

#10 LovelyRita

LovelyRita

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 14 2013 - 06:56 AM

Thanks very much to everyone for the wonderful tips and links. I look forward to seeing you all out there on the battlefeild (:
Posted Image

#11 lazy_kittens

lazy_kittens

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationSOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW AND INSIDE FRANK'S BUTT

Posted April 14 2013 - 11:34 AM

There are going to be a lot of nasty habits you'll get (i used to hover a lot and boost everywhere). If you don't have a person shouting at you telling you what to do, then you will have to learn the hard way. Like in deathmatches, you have to be as ninja as you can. ABSOLUTELY NO boosting(unless you want to get killed) and make sure to repair whenever. Even if you have 1 point less in health, repair, because that may make the difference between life and death. In team deathmatches, STICK TOGETHER AND HAVE COMMUNICATION DAMN IT! Best way to win is to stick together(you'll be able to gang up against newbs wandering off on their own(i was one of those :P)) and communicate what you plan to do. I can't really tell you much on the other two kinds of matches since i don't have much expirience with them but good luck and i'll see you in the battlefield! :3 (too lazy to type a new one so COPY PASTE)(c'mon just look at my call sign)(i want a relationship like yours with my future husband:3)
Du LAhYzzE_keetOHnz

#12 SargeantPepper

SargeantPepper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationPepperland

Posted April 15 2013 - 12:37 AM

View Postlazy_kittens, on April 14 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

If you don't have a person shouting at you telling you what to do, then you will have to learn the hard way.

She does.

No, I kid. She yells at me and tells me what to do.
Posted Image

#13 lazy_kittens

lazy_kittens

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostSargeantPepper, on April 15 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

View Postlazy_kittens, on April 14 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

If you don't have a person shouting at you telling you what to do, then you will have to learn the hard way.

She does.

No, I kid. She yells at me and tells me what to do.
Not sure if that's healthy but GET OUT ON THAT BATTLEFIELD, PILOT, AND KILL SOME MECHS!!
Du LAhYzzE_keetOHnz

#14 The_Hulk

The_Hulk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationHull, UK.

Posted April 16 2013 - 05:19 AM

Assault: Like a CR-T, but without the free health internals and such. Doesn't get an assault rifle until level 25. Widely regarded as a bad purchase.

I just bought the assault this morning. I don't know why, I don't know whyyyyyyyyyyyyy (turns into self-deflating moan).

You get the Vulcan at lvl 4. Is it any good_ Can't be. fuzzy bunny!
This is my  signature. You can tell this is my  signature because I  wrote this signature. If you need help writing your own signature, that's fine. Just don't take my signature. Good morning/day/night to you/me/all.

#15 damnitDave

damnitDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County,U.S.A.

Posted June 07 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yay Rita, one of my many favorite regular players to play with!  Always a great teammate!
Posted Image

#16 krzykat

krzykat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted June 14 2013 - 12:26 PM

My fellow dragged me into gaming too and I thank him all the time!  He's forcing me into the forums as well, and I'm grateful to be part of such an awesome and nice community!  Good to see some other ladies out there too!  See you in game.

#17 lazy_kittens

lazy_kittens

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted June 14 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postkrzykat, on June 14 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

My fellow dragged me into gaming too and I thank him all the time!  He's forcing me into the forums as well, and I'm grateful to be part of such an awesome and nice community!  Good to see some other ladies out there too!  See you in game.
We lady pilots are the bomb.com diggity :P
Du LAhYzzE_keetOHnz

#18 Jody

Jody

Former Senior Community Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationWest Coast Server

Posted June 20 2013 - 03:01 PM

It's so great to see a couple play HAWKEN together. Thanks to everyone else for exchanging battlefield strategies and stories.
----------
New to Hawken_ Read the beginner tips and Introduce yourself!
Encounter a technical issue in the game_ Report away!
Got feedback_ Post a Suggestion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users