HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Player Montage

Video Project Game Fansite Community

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:36 AM

Hi guys!!

I am going to make this official and hopefully will get something out of this!

Requirements to follow by before sending in your videos:
  • Recorded in HD 1080p or 720p.
  • Doesn't require sounds or anything, but you can have the game sound effects if you want.
  • Clips can be at max 30 seconds long.
  • Should be interesting in a way that you some how killed the person in a really interesting way or feat. ie. Surviving a gangbang while killing ace-ing them. Go butt wild and be creative.
  • Uploaded your clips via dropbox, mediafire, or some other sites that allow for uploading and sharing and sending the link to parfais2@hotmail.com.
So once again I hope I get some back on this from you wonderful people! Can't wait to see your clips and put them together!

Original Message:

I run a youtube channel about online games, granted it is not popular or gets many views. It is not a new idea that I came up with, but I would love to compile your guys amazing game clips into a montage. I've been meaning to do one for myself, but it is quiet hard to get that much content on my own.

I know starcraft has a recording features and their replay files are small, but I was wondering if anyone know any programs or site that would allow us to submit videos easily. Or if you have another cool idea for us to upload videos up please leave it here.

I really want to do this since I love this game a lot and I think the community here is amazing and friendly!!!

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by Parfait, May 22 2013 - 04:00 PM.

#2 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:41 AM

i will make a battle vid for this, it will be my first!!!!!
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#3 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 11:45 AM

That would be awesome! I can't wait to see it. Hopefully we can find a easier way to submit and share are videos in the process!

#4 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 13 2013 - 01:33 PM

The cool thing with SC2's recording feature is that it keeps everything (file type & size, resolution, framerate, recording codec etc) locked down which makes it really easy to use and throw stuff together. Hawken doesn't have that and thus there are going to be pretty big discrepancies with footage that's home-captured by a large group - this could only be remedied by enforcing strict recording guidelines that not everyone would be able to follow. I'm not trying to sound discouraging, I'm just trying to be realistic. You said yourself it's difficult to get that volume of content on your own, and it's even more difficult for a big group of users to get consistent recordings that are usable (i.e. interesting to watch) and transferable over the internet. Otherwise you're kind of relegated to ripping out video that has already been uploaded to the internet (and probably edited) and putting that together into a new montage. It can be done with a small, very consistent group but it needs to be orchestrated carefully.
Posted Image

#5 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 05:47 PM

You have a good point there. I had a few restriction or simple rules I guess that I wanted to put in. Like:
  • Recorded in HD 1080p.
  • Doesn't require sounds or anything.
  • Should be interesting in a way that you some how killed the person in a really interesting way or feat.
  • Send a link via some kind of email or tumblr after the person has uploaded their clips via dropbox, mediafire, or some other sites that allow for uploading and sharing.
For me it wasn't difficult per se of getting interesting footage, but would have took me a while before I accumulated enough to make even a 2 minute montage. I probably should put a disclaimer out there that this is something new to me. Of course I would try my best if this actually came through to make the video montage enjoyable, but I could not guarantee it. In my opinion, I am still very new to video editing and am nowhere brillant at it, but I hope people would still enjoy watching it.

If anyone else has some wisdom, idea, and suggestion please impart them here!

#6 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostParfait, on May 13 2013 - 05:47 PM, said:

You have a good point there. I had a few restriction or simple rules I guess that I wanted to put in. Like:
  • Recorded in HD 1080p.
  • Doesn't require sounds or anything.
  • Should be interesting in a way that you some how killed the person in a really interesting way or feat.
  • Send a link via some kind of email or tumblr after the person has uploaded their clips via dropbox, mediafire, or some other sites that allow for uploading and sharing.
For me it wasn't difficult per se of getting interesting footage, but would have took me a while before I accumulated enough to make even a 2 minute montage. I probably should put a disclaimer out there that this is something new to me. Of course I would try my best if this actually came through to make the video montage enjoyable, but I could not guarantee it. In my opinion, I am still very new to video editing and am nowhere brillant at it, but I hope people would still enjoy watching it.

If anyone else has some wisdom, idea, and suggestion please impart them here!
It would be a better idea to have it set to 720p and have a FPS minimum of 29.97. Thats pretty much the standard for Youtube.

#7 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 03:20 PM

just checked it and I could pull it off with 720p. I thought there was going to be a noticiable difference between 720 and 1080.

Edit: Officially open to recieve video clips of your awesome game play! Read up there to find out how!

Edited by Parfait, May 22 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#8 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted May 25 2013 - 07:23 PM

[font=georgia, serif]ok !! thumbs up in advance :P [/font]

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Wondrz

Wondrz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted June 03 2013 - 02:50 AM

Where are the montages_ also this was the first thread i saw so yea dont get mad at me for reviving a week old thread
Posted Image

#10 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostWondrz, on June 03 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

Where are the montages_ also this was the first thread i saw so yea dont get mad at me for reviving a week old thread

Well I wanted to accumlate a bunch of players game play that they recorded and turn it into a video montage, but it doesn't seem anyone wants to do it > <! I don't mind you reviving it XD! It's a good thing!

#11 Sadukar

Sadukar

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted June 05 2013 - 02:51 AM

hi man, love the ideea, I will start recording my vids this week and I hope by the weekend i will get in touch with you :)
i can setup a ftp server for you to get the files at an agreed time, p2p straight through should be as fast as it gets. We will see about that.

playclaw I heard, at least it is being advertized like a good alternative to fraps. And nvdia fancy recording thing is yet to arrive, also asus one is not here yet. So ... it looks like same old fraps
If you do not see this signature don't worry it is not really invisible, its infiltrating, look closely and you might see some distorsion,

#12 Exeon

Exeon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • Locationnear the north pole

Posted June 07 2013 - 10:14 AM

Dxtory > MSI Afterburner > Fraps

View PostDew, on April 04 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

There's a difference between making the hoop 14 feet high and telling all the players that you have to wait for half a second after running before you can shoot the ball.

#13 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted June 07 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostSadukar, on June 05 2013 - 02:51 AM, said:

hi man, love the ideea, I will start recording my vids this week and I hope by the weekend i will get in touch with you :)
i can setup a ftp server for you to get the files at an agreed time, p2p straight through should be as fast as it gets. We will see about that.

playclaw I heard, at least it is being advertized like a good alternative to fraps. And nvdia fancy recording thing is yet to arrive, also asus one is not here yet. So ... it looks like same old fraps

YAY I look forward to it. If anyone else wants to jump on the bandwagon go on! You know you want too XD~! I need to get back in to the game....haven't been playing it for a bit due to life stuff XD!

#14 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 03 2013 - 11:50 PM

If someone could make a how-to thread on video recording in game, I think it would help out a-lot. I myself know how to use fraps and what not but there is much more to it than what people might think. Things like saving a your fraps onto a external hard drive instead of your main hard drive to boost performance, setting up a certain amount of cpu core to fraps and the game for better performance, and other ways to reduce lag and frame lost while playing are things not many people know about and should be informed. Fraps and other recording programs are awesome things to use but at the same time can damage your computer if not setup properly.
Posted Image

#15 Parfait

Parfait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted July 07 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostNegativeD, on July 03 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

If someone could make a how-to thread on video recording in game, I think it would help out a-lot. I myself know how to use fraps and what not but there is much more to it than what people might think. Things like saving a your fraps onto a external hard drive instead of your main hard drive to boost performance, setting up a certain amount of cpu core to fraps and the game for better performance, and other ways to reduce lag and frame lost while playing are things not many people know about and should be informed. Fraps and other recording programs are awesome things to use but at the same time can damage your computer if not setup properly.

I would love to give advice...if I actually had some... Luckily everything works like a charm for me without any problems...so I don't know any special way to reduce lag or record better....

But it doesn't seem like anyone is interested in this by the looks of it so x.x;!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Video, Project, Game, Fansite, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users