HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Titanfall - new mech game by ex IW devs

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Arnval

Arnval

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted June 11 2013 - 04:43 AM

My friends and I saw this and we basically wigged out. This looks amazing.
Blue

#22 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted June 11 2013 - 08:20 AM

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

and PC (under Origin).

Well fuzz that, i'm not buying ANYTHING that needs that POS to run.
Another game scrapped off my list.
What i don't get is why these guys ran from oppressive BS company Activision, if all they're gonna do is then trade it in for EA.
What in the name of the FSM's meatballs were they thinking _ :huh:
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#23 damnitDave

damnitDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County,U.S.A.

Posted June 12 2013 - 06:46 AM

View PostEliteShooter, on June 10 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Posted Image  and only  Posted Image
as much as i want to agree with this now, i dont think im going to be able to resist getting and playing the snot out of it.
Posted Image

#24 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 12 2013 - 06:57 AM

Said this in another thread... from the two or three video demos I've seen, Titanfall looks like a CoD game with a small gimmick. Jump into a bigger, more armored soldier from time to time. The hud changed and all, and maybe you get a special power/weapon/ability, but the gameplay/movement/etc looked remarkably similar. I found myself exhausted with CoD a few years ago, so I'll stay away from Titanfall until it clearly sets itself apart from that legacy.

#25 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted June 12 2013 - 07:00 AM

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 07:42 PM, said:

View PostOdinTheWise, on June 10 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

it was anounced during the EA said it will be on all platforms minus wiiu

Then it wasn't announced correctly there, as every other places lists it at Xbox and PC (check any of the stuff the game studio as put out).
you were correct. I shall commit seppuku now for I have dishonored my clan!

View PostFussyBadger, on June 12 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Said this in another thread... from the two or three video demos I've seen, Titanfall looks like a CoD game with a small gimmick. Jump into a bigger, more armored soldier from time to time. The hud changed and all, and maybe you get a special power/weapon/ability, but the gameplay/movement/etc looked remarkably similar. I found myself exhausted with CoD a few years ago, so I'll stay away from Titanfall until it clearly sets itself apart from that legacy.
it looked more like battlefield. especially since they are using the frostbite3 engine

Edited by OdinTheWise, June 12 2013 - 07:29 AM.

because bow ties are cool

#26 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted June 12 2013 - 10:57 AM

are they using frostbite__  i like the jump-packs for the soldiers.

Posted Image

#27 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted June 12 2013 - 11:07 AM

I can´t watch another trailer or demo or I else I will throw my underwear across the room

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#28 Mercenary88

Mercenary88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 12 2013 - 11:15 AM

After my first game on Origin (BF3) I have never and will never buy another game through EA. Another limiting factor for me would be that I'd hate to think of the bugs Ex IW staff would leave in a game published by EA.

I think each game has it's own. I see Titanfall as being very reliant on teamwork, moreso than Hawken, with the ground troops having to defend and attack with the titans (or face annihilation). To be honest, I REALLY don't see this happening on the Xbox given the audience or PC, given that most games I play lack VOIP ingame. Typing takes too long while you're being shot and I seriously doubt there'll be a load of clans and groups straight out the gate.

Also a deciding factor would be the gameplay. I'd hate for all the guns to feel samey against mechs, and same for Titans vs infantry.

I don't think this game is for me. I'll stay firmly in my cockpit where I am for now, thankyou.
Posted Image

#29 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 12 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostOdinTheWise, on June 12 2013 - 07:00 AM, said:

it looked more like battlefield. especially since they are using the frostbite3 engine
Graphically, perhaps, but gameplay wise_ Eh. Seems more CoD to me. Either way. Definitely a wait and see. Lots of folks are freaking out about it, so I have to assume there's something that I haven't seen.

#30 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 07:45 PM

Looks awesome, and I really started thinking about buying it until I saw the little "EA" logo at the end of the trailer... looks like an awesome game, but anything that comes with origin attached is a no-go for me... haven't purchased a single origin game, not going to start now.  But man, now THAT is an impressive looking game, I really wish the frostbite engine didn't have to have origin leaching off of it, oh well..

#31 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 13 2013 - 10:24 AM

View PostTheLostVikings, on June 10 2013 - 11:42 PM, said:

Also: rocket powered parkour FTW! After playing Hawken it feels weird playing games without any burst movement options.

He hath beenith enlightened!

#32 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 13 2013 - 09:30 PM

I really dig the jetpack/wallrun thing, however I am unsure about the aesthetic of the game. Never have been one for 'brown' shooters. Looks promising overall though, I'll be keeping an eye out for further development.

#33 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted June 13 2013 - 11:05 PM

Only problem...

IT'S PUBLISHED BY EA!

< TEXT-FIELD >

#34 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted June 13 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on June 11 2013 - 08:20 AM, said:

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

and PC (under Origin).

Well fuzz that, i'm not buying ANYTHING that needs that POS to run.
Another game scrapped off my list.
What i don't get is why these guys ran from oppressive BS company Activision, if all they're gonna do is then trade it in for EA.
What in the name of the FSM's meatballs were they thinking _ :huh:

pretty much this.

keep your nasty DRM out of my computer!

Posted Image

#35 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 14 2013 - 04:37 AM

I honestly don't understand the gripes against origin. Just a "steam" by another company. Only problem I ever had with steam was needing to run it in the background to play games through it, but better computers alleviated that.

Used origin for BF3 and never saw an issue aside from the inconvenience of needing to install it to install BF3. Quite a light inconvenience IMO.

#36 ScHizNiK

ScHizNiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted June 14 2013 - 06:31 AM

Looks like COD looks junk.

I hate generic low ttk shooters tho.
That mech was just standing still and getting shot, the gun play looks the same as any other BF/COD style shooter, stand still and wait for someone to come to you.

Edited by ScHizNiK, June 14 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Posted Image

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion, and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

#37 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 14 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostScHizNiK, on June 14 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Looks like COD looks junk.

I hate generic low ttk shooters tho.
That mech was just standing still and getting shot, the gun play looks the same as any other BF/COD style shooter, stand still and wait for someone to come to you.

You didn't see the wall running, dodging, jetpacks..._  It may be faster TTK than hawken (which makes sense, considering infantry = squishy).  Reminds me of BF3 with far superior movement and cooler vehicles than fake as fuzzy bunny bf3 vehicles (though hilariously fun).

Bf3 + hawken + UT = titanfall IMO.

Your generic shooters like cod and bf3 are basically:
Stand behind corner, pop out headshot someone, listen to them call you a hacker, wait for the next guy...

With the movement options titanfall is displaying, should be far more interesting. Just hope they don't slow it down to appease the majority of gamers who can't think fast.

Edited by RedVan, June 14 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#38 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted June 14 2013 - 01:35 PM

Slowing it down like slower movement and higher TTK_

#39 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted June 14 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostRedVan, on June 14 2013 - 04:37 AM, said:

I honestly don't understand the gripes against origin. Just a "steam" by another company. Only problem I ever had with steam was needing to run it in the background to play games through it, but better computers alleviated that.

Used origin for BF3 and never saw an issue aside from the inconvenience of needing to install it to install BF3. Quite a light inconvenience IMO.

Everyone dislikes Origin because it sucks. Usually people dislike things that suck. Here are a few reasons it sucks: It is bloatware that is unnecessary, it hogs computer resources, it has an unintuitive interface, it was created only because steam was successful and now that it has been created creates a rift in many a gamer's library and nobody wants to run both at the same time, it has slow download speeds - especially compared to Steam, and it is riddled with ads so as to line EA's pockets with more monies. Consumers don't want it and they didn't ask for it, but now are forced to use it with certain games. Not cool EA. Not cool. People should boycott things that are not cool.

Edited by N0stalgia, June 14 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Call me Nos.

#40 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted June 14 2013 - 06:57 PM

@N0stalgia : Preach on, brother !
AAAaaaahr ! RAmen ! ;)

Edited by Dread_Lord_Pitr, June 14 2013 - 06:57 PM.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users