HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Titanfall - new mech game by ex IW devs

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted July 09 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostNYR0, on July 08 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on July 08 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

why would it end hawken_ its nothing similar at all. that's like saying MWO will "end" hawken.

Is it nothing like Hawken simply because it has the option of not being in the Mech_ I would consider all Mech games competition to eachother if they are in the same genre...FPS, RPG  or RTS.

well in that case, Call of duty, team fortress, quake etc ended Hawken before it left the ground...
there are sub genres, and in which case, Armored core, Mech warrior, and Hawken are nothing like eachother. Is aiming for the cod players... sure some people will like it better than hawken, thats inevitable with any game, but for the most part it wont effect them.

also, Hawken is free to play, Titanfall is $60.

Posted Image

#62 HideyoshiYaoi

HideyoshiYaoi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • LocationSTL

Posted July 09 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Also the gameplay demo sells it better:

Posted Image

#63 NYR0

NYR0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted July 09 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostAudible_Silence, on July 09 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

why would it end hawken_ its nothing similar at all. that's like saying MWO will "end" hawken.

Is it nothing like Hawken simply because it has the option of not being in the Mech_ I would consider all Mech games competition to eachother if they are in the same genre...FPS, RPG  or RTS.

well in that case, Call of duty, team fortress, quake etc ended Hawken before it left the ground...
there are sub genres, and in which case, Armored core, Mech warrior, and Hawken are nothing like eachother. Is aiming for the cod players... sure some people will like it better than hawken, thats inevitable with any game, but for the most part it wont effect them.

Wait, call of duty, team fortress and quake have mechs_ You lost me there. Did you read my entire comment about mech games being competition with eachother automatically no matter what genre simply because of the minority fan base. I fear you either misread my statement or did not read the whole statement. As for Armored core and Mech warrior...yeah, I 100% consider them competition. Heck I would conider AirMech competition even simply because the Mech fanbase is as I said a Minority. Has any online Mech game ever broke 1mil online daily players_ Mechs are like My little pony...there is a "fanbase" and sometimes Mechs just do not appeal to everyone.

Let's also point of the F2P vs Buy to Play comparison.....for instance WoW....it is sub + buy to play and still beats ALL of it's MMORPG competitions both F2P and P2P...probably even if you combined the pop from all of those games lol. Considering the closest competition is SWTOR since it wen't f2p and they announced that it only has 2 mil daily users since the f2p launch. I mean honestly B2P or F2P it has very little effect if the game is simply "that much" better. People will pay.

I mean it is not like I am the first to point them out as competition, almost every MMO site I have seen has compared them and pointed out the obvious competition. I am just simply wondering what the "devs" think as my original statement said. Obviously the majority of Hawken players would blowoff the idea of competition because this is a game they truely enjoy at the moment, which is why I wondered what the devs themselves think.

Edited by NYR0, July 09 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#64 Cognitum

Cognitum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 01:41 PM

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 10 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

yeah, i saw that earlier today and pooped my pants!!  He jumps into a mech, pucnhes another guy, rips the pilot out of the cockpit and throws him.... how fuzzy bunny cool is that.   I may have to buy an xbox just for this game... which sucks.
Its also coming out for pc, You won't need to buy a xbox just for titanfall.

#65 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 29 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostHideyoshiYaoi, on July 09 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Also the gameplay demo sells it better:

Posted Image
HOLY FU*KING YES

Edited by ropefish, November 29 2013 - 02:56 PM.

"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#66 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted November 29 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostCognitum, on November 29 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 10 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

yeah, i saw that earlier today and pooped my pants!!  He jumps into a mech, pucnhes another guy, rips the pilot out of the cockpit and throws him.... how fuzzy bunny cool is that.   I may have to buy an xbox just for this game... which sucks.
Its also coming out for pc, You won't need to buy a xbox just for titanfall.
im buying it for my comp >_>
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#67 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted November 29 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostNYR0, on July 09 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on July 09 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Wait, call of duty, team fortress and quake have mechs_ You lost me there. Did you read my entire comment about mech games being competition with eachother automatically no matter what genre simply because of the minority fan base. I fear you either misread my statement or did not read the whole statement. As for Armored core and Mech warrior...yeah, I 100% consider them competition. Heck I would conider AirMech competition even simply because the Mech fanbase is as I said a Minority. Has any online Mech game ever broke 1mil online daily players_ Mechs are like My little pony...there is a "fanbase" and sometimes Mechs just do not appeal to everyone.

Let's also point of the F2P vs Buy to Play comparison.....for instance WoW....it is sub + buy to play and still beats ALL of it's MMORPG competitions both F2P and P2P...probably even if you combined the pop from all of those games lol. Considering the closest competition is SWTOR since it wen't f2p and they announced that it only has 2 mil daily users since the f2p launch. I mean honestly B2P or F2P it has very little effect if the game is simply "that much" better. People will pay.

I mean it is not like I am the first to point them out as competition, almost every MMO site I have seen has compared them and pointed out the obvious competition. I am just simply wondering what the "devs" think as my original statement said. Obviously the majority of Hawken players would blowoff the idea of competition because this is a game they truely enjoy at the moment, which is why I wondered what the devs themselves think.

Having mechs does not mean it will automatically be competition with other mech games. Not even close.

#68 kunabKu

kunabKu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCosta Rica

Posted November 29 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostAshfire908, on June 14 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

View PostSilentJacket, on June 14 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

you forgot spyware, Origin is capable of scanning your entire computer, including any and all sensitive data stored on it

So does any other program on your computer pretty much, even if it never runs as admin (which it will have to at some points for some installs), since it can read all of the current user's files as well. Steam can do this, your browser can do this, a calculator program can do this.

Sorry but when the arguments go too far into the misinformed/grasping at straws territory...
its so cool to learn new fuzzy bunny while going through this threards :)

Posted Image

#69 DFTR

DFTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted December 01 2013 - 06:55 PM

Titanfall looks like a cool game but it's not really the same feel as Hawken.  
I want to pilot my Grenadier or Predator or maybe a Sharpshooter.  There seems to be limitted mech options in Titan.
I also don't care for trying to kick someone out of a mech or having the same done to me...

The game could be really fun; but for the same reason I never snagged onto COD or Battlefield, I doubt I'll pick it up.
I don't think ADH should be worried.  It'd be nice if titanfall could be a gateway drug to get people into mechs who'll then turn to Hawken...
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TAW Recruitment[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We are always looking to recruit new members. If you are interested in joining a great team and experiencing tactical play at its very best, fill out the [/font]application[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif] on our website now. One of our dedicated staff will be in touch very soon after your application is received but if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a PM. We use Teamspeak3 to communicate on our own secure and professionally maintained servers. [/font]

#70 Facepunch317

Facepunch317

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationAbove you

Posted December 01 2013 - 07:33 PM

If you enjoy the prospect of being able to get out of your mech, give MWLL a try. It;s probably the fastest-paced Mechwarrior game, you can grab VTOLs, Aerospace fighters, Mechs, Tanks, and Hovercraft. Plus, you also get a nice bit of battlearmor after you eject, and a nice machine gun.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

#71 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted December 01 2013 - 07:57 PM

Titanfall mechs will probably be more akin to bf vehicles than hawken mechs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users