HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

E3!!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted June 11 2013 - 09:29 PM

Hell, Sony has stated that although THEY won't make it impossible for you to trade in games or share them with friends, it is still possible for the game devs to implement a system that prevents sharing/trading/reselling.
On top of that, Sony is reportedly ALSO switching to a paid model for online gaming.
I think i'll stick with my PC, 'cause i'd rather deal with a few cheaters than have to pay a monthly fee to either Sony or Microsoft.

@the silence dude : Uplay, like Origin and GamesForWindowsLive, needs to be nuked from orbit.
They all try to compete with Steam, yet all they provide is inconvenience, annoying DRM, install issues, process hogging overlays, and a whole boatload of other junk that no one needs or asked for.
I'm surprised Suckti... i mean Activision hasn't come up with yet another platform like this, although i suppose that by saying this, i am basically giving them ideas... damn.

Since my first (and last) adventure with Uplay (Assassin's Creed 3), and spending a lot of time dealing with Ubisu... i mean Ubisoft's 'support', i have learned that i am better off talking to a trained chimp than trying to handle installing their intrusive junk on my system.
In the end i had to get a pirated, Uplay free version just to try and play it for all of 20 minutes...
And then promptly uninstalled because by god, what a load of shizzle that was, gameplay wise.

Ubisu... I mean Ubisoft has a long standing tradition of using intrusive, game/system breaking DRM for PC games (starforce, anyone_), and it is my firm belief that anyone supporting this company thoroughly enjoys pain (apparently, the common accepted word for someone who enjoys pain and/or displeasure is censored on this forum.... dafuq.jpeg_).
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#22 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted June 11 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostAshfire908, on June 10 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 10 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

• Titan Fall is a new game from the orig COD Creators. its like COD or battlefield, with Mechs that you call in. it looks fuzzy bunny AWESOME!!! so i might have to buy an xbox...

It's coming to PC as well!... under the Origin service.

< TEXT-FIELD >

#23 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 12 2013 - 07:58 AM

I agree with the Dread Lord - this is really encouraging me to stick with PC gaming. More than ever before, it'll be easy to do cross-platform so I think we'll see more crossover. PC isn't considered a competing platform when it comes to the word "exclusive" so you can get around quite a bit.

#24 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 09:10 AM

im all about xbox so im going to need to do my own research can anyone explain to me

View PostFussyBadger, on June 10 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Yep, especially at $500, no game rentals, likely no used games, and on and on and on. I've been a big Xbox fan in their first two generations, but what they're positioning is bad enough that I'm reconsidering my anti-Sony ways.

FWIW, my anti-Sony slant dates back to the old Sony music rootkit nonsense, particularly when their exec said, "Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it_"

Then again, that could've just reinforced the resentment I felt as the Playstation took over the world and beautiful Sega collapsed. This bias requires more self-reflection. Maybe Sony isn't so horrible.
whats up with no used games how can that be_ is everything downloaded to the box_ I need understanding

#25 7ucky

7ucky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted June 12 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostChince_Bucket, on June 12 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

whats up with no used games how can that be_ is everything downloaded to the box_ I need understanding

DRM - they'll lock down your content, physical or digital. As it stands now, if you want to sell your game, the buyer will also have to pay a fee to unlock that game.

Moving on: http://kotaku.com/yo...-game-512755897 <-- Did this remind anyone else of last year's Hawken reveal_ The only difference is that Hawken (deservedly) received a lot more fanfare when people saw it.
[something should go here]

#26 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 12 2013 - 10:00 AM

It's sort of like most PC games. When you buy software for the new Xbox, what you "own" is a license. You can't sell that license (barring certain circumstances) and you can't simply give someone you know a game disc and they play. It's linked to your account.

There are a handful of small exceptions - you can designate 10 family members who share access and can play (as long as no one else is), publishers can decide whether or not licenses for their games can be resold and take a slice of the sale, etc. But it's pretty locked down. I really don't care much about the used game part, since I never bought/sold many, but I would miss the ability to borrow and rent.

The only reason I'm okay with it on PC is because of how affordable games can be. I doubt MS is going to go the Steam route and offer massive discounts on games.

#27 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted June 12 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Post7ucky, on June 12 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

DRM - they'll lock down your content, physical or digital. As it stands now, if you want to sell your game, the buyer will also have to pay a fee to unlock that game.

Moving on: http://kotaku.com/yo...-game-512755897 <-- Did this remind anyone else of last year's Hawken reveal_ The only difference is that Hawken (deservedly) received a lot more fanfare when people saw it.

you said macross and i got VERY EXCITED.. but its just a hover system... still cool tho. i'll give them my money. think i'll see controller support tho.. flying with a keyboard is tough. and game looks a little wquick for a joystick, but who knows.

View PostFussyBadger, on June 12 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

It's sort of like most PC games. When you buy software for the new Xbox, what you "own" is a license. You can't sell that license (barring certain circumstances) and you can't simply give someone you know a game disc and they play. It's linked to your account.

There are a handful of small exceptions - you can designate 10 family members who share access and can play (as long as no one else is), publishers can decide whether or not licenses for their games can be resold and take a slice of the sale, etc. But it's pretty locked down. I really don't care much about the used game part, since I never bought/sold many, but I would miss the ability to borrow and rent.

The only reason I'm okay with it on PC is because of how affordable games can be. I doubt MS is going to go the Steam route and offer massive discounts on games.

DING DING. if MS had something similar to steam where games go on sale all the time. GREAT!!! but they won't. on steam you can get all GTA games for under $15 total... at least at one point. nothing like that has EVER been offered on consoles. i want to trade games with my friends. i will not buy a game like bioshock, which i can beat in say 10 hours, when i could buy a game like BF3 (where i get hundred hours of enjoyment) for the same price. as awesome as bioshock is. i beat it, i sold it to a friend, and bought another game.

Posted Image

#28 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 12 2013 - 11:14 AM

Microsoft won't do it, I agree. I believe that for a few reasons:

1. They've sold digital-only goods for years via Xbox Live Arcade. The sales on those titles have always been fuzzy bunny. 33% or, if you wait a heck of a long time, maybe 50% off! Steam discounts titles more aggressively and far more quickly.

2. Since Sony's not going down the same restrictive path, there's no reason to price their games any lower than they always have. If your game is released on both systems, will you charge the Xbox user less_ I doubt it. The users will pay.

#29 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 15 2013 - 04:41 AM

That Xbox One was going to lose became clear after the reveal of their
overpriced mediacenter that nobody wants and needs.

Sony just finished off Microsoft,  Fatality

R.I.P Xbox One, you never had any chance :D

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#30 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 15 2013 - 05:14 AM

I wouldn't call it done until we see what happens pre-launch. MS could have a variety of things up their sleeve. For example: contract discounts for XBL Gold. IE, commit for 3 years, get $150+ off, etc.

#31 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 15 2013 - 06:27 AM

Hmmm, i don't think so.
Nobody will buy the console, even die hard xbox fans will buy the PS4

Not everybody likes PC gaming like I (us) do and want to play games from their lazy couch.

And also don't forget that you can not scare customers away like Microsoft did.
People think that Microsoft wants to spy on their customers + all the rest of the stupidity :D hahahaha, what a joke.
Once people are scared and think in a way about something, you will have a hard time in winning them back but you wont
with somehing like you said "XBL Gold. IE, commit for 3 years, get $150+ off,", no chance good sir.

Watch and see!

It's not because i'm also a PS fan that i say these things.
I have been watching and following everything since the reveal of the xbox one ....... and the PS4 controller :D

"Xbox one, go home"

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

#32 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 15 2013 - 06:37 AM

Xbox, Playstation... What's the difference_ They're both made in China.

#33 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 07:15 AM

finally did my own research, and I would have to say both of them are fuzzy bunny up pretty bad.  both systems dont look that good.  If I had to make my choice Id get a xbox one.  right now people are focusing in on the companies marketing strategies and they believe that ps4 is going to be the better "gamers" system. where x box is going to be the causal style players choice because of the media fuzzy bunny around it.

My Breakdown
PS4-  better piece of equipment- no good games
xbox one- THE BEST GAMES

i will get xbox one a million times over the ps4 soley for the reason of the games.  I dont care how good the ps4 is if i cant play the cool/better games

#34 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 08:01 AM

besides titanfall and forza, i can't think of any exlusives i was interested in.

Posted Image

#35 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 03:44 PM

i made a list of all the games that look good to me and i found 24.

assassins creed 4, bf4, cod ghost, the crew, dead rising 3, destiny, dying light, elder scrolls online, halo, killer instinct, madden 25, metal gear solid 5, nba 2k14, project spark,quantum break, ryse, star wars battlefront, sunset overdrive, thief, titanfall, wolfenstein, the witcher 3, watch dogs, mirriors edge.

i know not all of those are exclusive to xbox one but a lot of them are.  if i had the money and time i would play everyone of these games and its good to know that xbox has them.

some i know are exclusive off the bat that you cant argue are bad are: assassin creed, destiny, halo, killer insticnt, project spark, quantum break, ryse, titan fall.

i made a smaller list of 8 games from that 24 list that i am going to buy. the crew, destiny, elder scrolls online, nba 2k14, project spark,ryse, star wars battlefront, titan fall

Edited by Chince_Bucket, June 16 2013 - 03:45 PM.

#36 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 04:51 PM

Assassins creed, and detiny are NOT exlcusive...
Hao 4 kinda sucked... so im not missing out there,
killer instinct... free game where the first character is free and the rest you have to pay for like DLC... pending on the price of each character, this is really smart or really stupid...
Ryse looks like a bunch of QTEs.. pass..
Project Spark.. im on the fence.. i still dunno what kinda game it is.. the initial demo looked cool, the the other demo they showed made it look like.. well like mine craft... so its only as good as the levels made by people... that could go either way.
still no gameplay footeage of Quantum break... so dunno what kinda game that is...

I plan on buying BF4 and Watch dogs on launch, then The Crew when it comes out.

Edited by Audible_Silence, June 16 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 06:00 PM

ive watched a lot on project spark and it looks crazy man.  I never played minecraft so i cant comment on that. I know the community is going to be abel to get very creative and make things that will be so damn fun.  If you have seen the trailer at E3 they showed i heard another video explaining how the mech at the end they build from fences and all sorts of objects.  I bet you could build a giant fuzzy bunny probably that shoots white liquid on enemies haha

#38 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 16 2013 - 06:03 PM

it definitely will be worth the money in my opinion, if someone takes the time to make a crazy game that takes them a month then uploads it to the game, you could then download it and change it to your own then upload that. the possibilities!

#39 thatguythellama

thatguythellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationOrbiting alpha centauri A, thinking about moving to B, just for a scenery change

Posted June 16 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 10 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

E3 started today, i'm at work so im just starting to watch it. this is what i know so far.
  • Halo 5... woopee
  • Xbox One comes out in nov for $500 pre-order now
  • Titan Fall is a new game from the orig COD Creators. its like COD or battlefield, with Mechs that you call in. it looks fuzzy bunny AWESOME!!! so i might have to buy an xbox...
thats all i got so far. suprised nobody else is talking about it.
Titanfall is PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In keeping with the best airborne tradition of relying on madmen instead of firepower, six of us with one BAR replaced eighteen 79th division doggies with a water cooled .50 and an air cooled .30.
David Webster, E company, Holland, 1945  

#40 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 17 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostChince_Bucket, on June 16 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

finally did my own research, and I would have to say both of them are fuzzy bunny up pretty bad.  both systems dont look that good.  If I had to make my choice Id get a xbox one.  right now people are focusing in on the companies marketing strategies and they believe that ps4 is going to be the better "gamers" system. where x box is going to be the causal style players choice because of the media fuzzy bunny around it.

My Breakdown
PS4-  better piece of equipment- no good games
xbox one- THE BEST GAMES

i will get xbox one a million times over the ps4 soley for the reason of the games.  I dont care how good the ps4 is if i cant play the cool/better games

What games are you talking about__

Please go and compare all the xbox 360 exclusives vs the PS 3 exclusives.

Xbox one will get you frustrated for many reasons :D

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users