HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

E3!!

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:01 AM

View Postthatguythellama, on June 16 2013 - 08:01 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 10 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

E3 started today, i'm at work so im just starting to watch it. this is what i know so far.
  • Halo 5... woopee
  • Xbox One comes out in nov for $500 pre-order now
  • Titan Fall is a new game from the orig COD Creators. its like COD or battlefield, with Mechs that you call in. it looks fuzzy bunny AWESOME!!! so i might have to buy an xbox...
thats all i got so far. suprised nobody else is talking about it.
Titanfall is PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its coming out only for only pc and xbox, not ps4 so its exclusive to xbox because xbox isn't competing with computers they're competing with ps4

#42 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:10 AM

ive done even more research to check out some ps4 games I made a list of my favourites again.   killzone: shadow fall, infamous: second son, deep down, mad max, daylight, the evil within, sniper elite III, cyberpunk 2077, war thunder, carmageddon: reincarnation, primal carnage, blacklight, the order: 1886, outlast. I looked closer and found out that the evil within, sniper elite III and cyber punk 2077 are all coming out for xbox one as well If I was to shorten my list to games I would actually get for ps4 id go with killzone, deep down(I would rather have ryse on the xbox), daylight is free and looks really cool I wish this was on xbox, mad max looks cool no gameplay showed (id compare with to quantum break in terms of I want it but don't know what is actually going to be like), war thunder is a free to play air plane game (this looks really cool, xbox one has world of tanks and ps4 has this), carmageddon, primal rage, outlast

#43 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostChince_Bucket, on June 16 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

i made a list of all the games that look good to me and i found 24.

assassins creed 4, bf4, cod ghost, the crew, dead rising 3, destiny, dying light, elder scrolls online, halo, killer instinct, madden 25, metal gear solid 5, nba 2k14, project spark,quantum break, ryse, star wars battlefront, sunset overdrive, thief, titanfall, wolfenstein, the witcher 3, watch dogs, mirriors edge.

i know not all of those are exclusive to xbox one but a lot of them are.  if i had the money and time i would play everyone of these games and its good to know that xbox has them.

some i know are exclusive off the bat that you cant argue are bad are: assassin creed, destiny, halo, killer insticnt, project spark, quantum break, ryse, titan fall.

i made a smaller list of 8 games from that 24 list that i am going to buy. the crew, destiny, elder scrolls online, nba 2k14, project spark,ryse, star wars battlefront, titan fall
just to fix this quote, i would definitely get killer instinct its going to be free.  what they are doing is giving you one free character and you have to pay for the rest of the characters, so what id do is just buy the 1 fighter that i like and play online with him

#44 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:19 AM

and project spark is going to be free :) !!!!!!!

#45 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:28 AM

and to clear up the problem with locked up games xbox is allowing you to give your physical copy of the game to a friend and they can play the full game just like it is now for xbox 360, but after its been shared with one of your friends the copy can not be shared with another friend(1 share limit) so it is limiting a bit but im not going to be sharing my games with more than 1 person (except this does completely ruin used game selling companies). and your allowed to have a family thing.  what this is, you don't need to give your friend the physical copy and they can play your game up to a certain point/ restriction.  your allowed to get into groups of 10 friends that can share games with one another consistently as long as they aren't playing that particular game at the time I can go on and play their games.  this is going to be awesome because its going to have to be better than just a demo so it will be worth playing or what would be the point in having it.

#46 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted June 17 2013 - 11:12 AM

Chince - Everything that I've seen so far revolving around used games, lending, etc, continually has a disclaimer that allows publishers to opt out of allowing it. There's still way too much room for interpretation in the rules as written.

Until Microsoft gets crystal clear in how it all works, the world will be upset.

#47 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted June 17 2013 - 12:20 PM

yeah MS said the 10 person thing is a Family plan. meaning that its for families... so im going to assume that its for people under one household that have multiple xbox's.  theres no way you could share all your games with 10 friends. that would be WORSE (for them) than the gamestops selling used games.

curious where you saw some of those games you mentioned. as far as i know, carmageddon is only a kick starter...
killer instinct you do not get to choose your character, you get the ninja, "jhango" i think, i dunno his name.. but thats who you get, everyone else you have to buy.
Warthunder is a WWII game, i play it now on PC. right now its just planes, tanks will be available this fall, followed by naval ships...
and my original post on titnfall was as soon as they announced it. we now know that it is for 360, Xone, and PC.

Posted Image

#48 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted June 17 2013 - 08:01 PM

Lol xbone

because bow ties are cool

#49 Brnmatt7

Brnmatt7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSetting a trap for you on the Last Eco map

Posted June 17 2013 - 08:40 PM

I knew it!

Witcher 3 was a dead giveaway!

Edited by Brnmatt7, June 17 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Posted Image

Check us out @ www.bsb-gaming.com

You can also find me on Raptr

#50 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 07:20 AM

i saw a video if you want i could post it of one of xbox one's people saying that the 10 family plan will allow the community to get creative and he said that they do not need to be under the same household. I doubt that your going to need to type in information to prove your blood relation to someone that would just get way to confusing.

#51 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostBrnmatt7, on June 17 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

I knew it!

HA yeah i read that, also noticed during th e BF4 stream. Nvidea doesnt even make the card in the Xone, AMD does, so thats interesting....

View PostChince_Bucket, on June 18 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

i saw a video if you want i could post it of one of xbox one's people saying that the 10 family plan will allow the community to get creative and he said that they do not need to be under the same household. I doubt that your going to need to type in information to prove your blood relation to someone that would just get way to confusing.

there is alot of assuming on your part.

question, why would they make trading/selling used games such a big deal if you were allowed to give 10 copies of a game away for free_

Posted Image

#52 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted June 18 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 18 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

View PostBrnmatt7, on June 17 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

I knew it!

HA yeah i read that, also noticed during th e BF4 stream. Nvidea doesnt even make the card in the Xone, AMD does, so thats interesting....

View PostChince_Bucket, on June 18 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

there is alot of assuming on your part.

question, why would they make trading/selling used games such a big deal if you were allowed to give 10 copies of a game away for free_
Correction: it's not giving 10 copies away. It is lending 1 copy to 10 people. You have to have the physical game to play it.

because bow ties are cool

#53 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 18 2013 - 01:53 PM

double correction... http://penny-arcade....ut-some-details

"The idea is that ten people in your family group can all share your games. Think of it like a loaning system, but you're not loaning anyone a phyiscal product. If you're in my family group, you can play my games, and vice versa.
Microsoft doesn't seem to care whether or not the ten people in the group are actually family members. They can be friends, roommates, boyfriends, girlfriends, your dog's groomer… you pick ten people, and you share games with them.  The question is how many people can play the game at the same time."

If this is true, and 2 people can play the same game at the same time... i would actually be ok with this, cuz trading is kinda there... but still it is confusing and poorly explained.  Microsoft should have high lighted this in their confrerence, it would have gave them a big advantage. well, maybe not an advantage, but a less negative look.

Posted Image

#54 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 19 2013 - 06:15 AM

yeah im like 99percent sure only one person can play at a time. and its not going to be the full game but its not going to be as limiting as a demo.

#55 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 08:46 AM

View PostAudible_Silence, on June 18 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

double correction... http://penny-arcade....ut-some-details

"The idea is that ten people in your family group can all share your games. Think of it like a loaning system, but you're not loaning anyone a phyiscal product. If you're in my family group, you can play my games, and vice versa.
Microsoft doesn't seem to care whether or not the ten people in the group are actually family members. They can be friends, roommates, boyfriends, girlfriends, your dog's groomer… you pick ten people, and you share games with them.  The question is how many people can play the game at the same time."

If this is true, and 2 people can play the same game at the same time... i would actually be ok with this, cuz trading is kinda there... but still it is confusing and poorly explained.  Microsoft should have high lighted this in their confrerence, it would have gave them a big advantage. well, maybe not an advantage, but a less negative look.
I just read that article it sounds amazing, but almost to good to be true.  and like they say at the end it would be a giant piss off if you got to call your friend to get off your game

#56 Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted June 20 2013 - 11:45 AM

For the xbox fans that were disappointed.

"In a very surprising move, Microsoft today has announced that it will abandon its Xbox One DRM policies. The updated policy is a “result of feedback from the Xbox community.” The update outlines that any disc game can be played without an online connection. There will be no 24 hour online check in required and games will function just like it did on Xbox 360.
Check out the updated policies below:

• An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.
Furthermore, Xbox One games will have no region locks and will be available digitally on day of release. Those digital games will also be able to be played offline just like Xbox 360. Downloaded games can't be shared or resold, and disc games will require the disc in the tray for them to be played."

http://gametrailers....ne-drm-policies

But i personally think they messed up and the damage is done.  People that maybe wanted to pre-order a xbox one pre-ordered
a PS4 or/and they probably lost many existing customers too ...

Edited by Onebullit, June 20 2013 - 11:51 AM.

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAЩKEИ ---> hawken

Member of: Critical Assist

#57 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 12:48 PM

yeah, this broke yesterday evening. i already ordered my PS4, and im keeping it. i still dont know what the extra $100 is for... kinect_ no thank you. also, whats to stop them from trying to implement something like this in the future.. obviously it would only require a firmware update.

the whole thing just put a bad taste in my mouth. if i can get one in the future on sale or something ill think about it,

Posted Image

#58 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 24 2013 - 09:50 AM

yeah that's dope good news xbox!

#59 Chince_Bucket

Chince_Bucket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 24 2013 - 09:52 AM

does pre ordering give you anything special_

#60 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted June 24 2013 - 12:58 PM

not really. if you get the "launch" edition of xbox, your controller has "launch edition" or something similar painted in the middle, you get some cars for Forza, some dlc for another game... and an achievement...  pretty dumb.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users