HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Super Robot Fan with a Plan is here!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:49 PM

View PostEnvarist, on September 19 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

Would Zoids be considered a mecha show_ I've pretty watched them all, but the idea of piloting a giant dinosaur mecha still appeals to me. >.>

Oh Zoids_ Definitely Mecha :lol:
The Living Human Mecha Encyclopedia!

Posted Image

http://youtube.com/Studios24U

#22 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationImperial Beach, CA

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:54 PM

I rather love Durarara!!, To Aru Majutsu No Index, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun, Darker Than Black, Sword Art Online, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Haruhi, and Hellsing; I've seen many, many others, but those are my favorites.

Be sure to click on the emblem below to visit our forums!

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#23 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 19 2012 - 10:56 PM

View PostModnarSarhp, on September 19 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I rather love Durarara!!, To Aru Majutsu No Index, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun, Darker Than Black, Sword Art Online, Code Geass, Angel Beats, Haruhi, and Hellsing; I've seen many, many others, but those are my favorites.

Wow I got the same shows on my Top Anime List, So pretty good choices lol

Edited by JakatoX, September 19 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#24 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:00 PM

I believe the only other mechas I've watched all the way through are Aquarion:Evolution and Jinki:Extend

Posted Image

One of the five elements that build the Earth, o great creator of flames. The light of salvation that gives birth to life, the light of judgment that punishes evildoers. While bringing peace and stability at the same time, it also destroys the cold and dark misfortune. Fire is the name, sword is the title! Show yourself, swallow thyself, turn it into power!

#25 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:04 PM

If you enjoyed Durarara, have you tried Baccano_ It's written by the same author.

Out of the current season, only following SAO and HxH. Can't wait for Gintama anime to return next months.

Edit: Black Lagoon. Roberta beats any mecha hands down.

Edited by Envarist, September 19 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#26 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostModnarSarhp, on September 19 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I believe the only other mechas I've watched all the way through are Aquarion:Evolution and Jinki:Extend

Well based on the shows you like I could recommend a few other ones that you may like as well.

View PostEnvarist, on September 19 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

If you enjoyed Durarara, have you tried Baccano_ It's written by the same author.

Out of the current season, only following SAO and HxH. Can't wait for Gintama anime to return next months.

Edit: Black Lagoon. Roberta beats any mecha hands down.

Yeah Baccano was great! I keep on telling people it's basically what would happen if Quentin Tarantino made an Anime!  :D

Oh Roberta may be good but for my eyes I know what's better.......Roberta in a Motion Trace Controlled Mech, Ala G-Gundam and Daimos ;)

Edited by JakatoX, September 19 2012 - 11:27 PM.

Posted Image

#27 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:33 PM

Baccano was amazing, SAO is definitely a must watch, it's ongoing though, so I have to wait for episodes v.v.

Posted Image

#28 Envarist

Envarist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:46 PM

Accel World's written by the same author of SAO. If you enjoy reading, Baka Tsuki have the Japanese to English translation of SAO, Baccano and Durarara light novels. The story just gets better after the anime finishes.

Always had mixed feelings regarding RaXephon. Not as big a fan of Aquarion: Evol, what with the fanservice and all. Although it didn't have mecha, Air Gear and TenTen gets a win... Despite the blatant R-rated fanservice in both...

#29 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:49 PM

View PostEnvarist, on September 19 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Accel World's written by the same author of SAO. If you enjoy reading, Baka Tsuki have the Japanese to English translation of SAO, Baccano and Durarara light novels. The story just gets better after the anime finishes.

Always had mixed feelings regarding RaXephon. Not as big a fan of Aquarion: Evol, what with the fanservice and all. Although it didn't have mecha, Air Gear and TenTen gets a win... Despite the blatant R-rated fanservice in both...

Yeah lot's of people have mix feelings about RaXephon so the feeling is mutual lol

As for Aquarion I prefer the Original Show but Evol does have it's moments sometimes.

Posted Image

#30 ModnarSarhp

ModnarSarhp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted September 19 2012 - 11:51 PM

I'm actually in the middle of reading the To Aru Majutsu No Index light novels, it's probably my favorite series of all time, although there may be bias because Misaka Mikoto is mai waifu =P

Posted Image

#31 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:02 AM

Oh yes the Novels are a Good read, I'm in the the middle of reading one of them right now!........I still gotta finish reading it at some point but still good none the less :lol:

Posted Image

#32 Bewitched

Bewitched

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:40 AM

I really like Gurren Lagann, if we're talking super robots...
"The SDR-5V Spider introduces the Inner Sphere to the future of battlefield fleeing. Blasts, barrages, or bombardments; when running isn't good enough, be good enough to Run Big."
~Zack Parsons of SomethingAwful, Dorkiest Mechs of 3025

#33 JakatoX

JakatoX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationThe Omniverse!

Posted September 20 2012 - 07:52 AM

View PostBewitched, on September 20 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

I really like Gurren Lagann, if we're talking super robots...

Yeah Gurren Lagann is good, It's one of the more recent Super Robot shows that's come out lately

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users