HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Cannot Add Friends

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Reichmar

Reichmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 01:39 PM

Greetings,

Myself and a buddy recently got into this game. We tried many times to add each other to our friends list, but we get no confirmation or message sent.

The only thing that happens is our names getting put in the "offline" box with a + sign next to them. When you click on the + sign, we only have the option to cancel the friend invite. We tried adding each other manually through the list, as well as from the scoreboard during a match. Same issue.

We have tried restarting clients fully and checked the forums for similar issues (the only ones we see date to late last year -- surely the issue has been fixed since then_).

Help!

#2 GodsHolyMember

GodsHolyMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 02:24 PM

Strange, I've added people and have been added as a friend without issue, and we added through the scoreboard to send a friend-request.

Anyone have this issue_

#3 Reichmar

Reichmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostGodsHolyMember, on June 26 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Strange, I've added people and have been added as a friend without issue, and we added through the scoreboard to send a friend-request.

Anyone have this issue_

As an update, myself and my friends have been attempting to add each other for the past several hours. Same results.

#4 GodsHolyMember

GodsHolyMember

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 03:43 PM

View PostReichmar, on June 26 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

View PostGodsHolyMember, on June 26 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Anyone have this issue_

As an update, myself and my friends have been attempting to add each other for the past several hours. Same results.
Maybe it's due to the latest Heatsink-Patch.  My friends were added before its implementation

Edited by GodsHolyMember, June 26 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#5 Reichmar

Reichmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 03:50 PM

Indeed it may very well be, GHM.

Thanks for posting. If it is an issue with the patch, I hope the devs frequent these boards. Its getting hard to convince my buddies to play Hawken when we can't even add each other :-0

#6 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 26 2013 - 06:32 PM

FIle a support ticket: https://playhawken.zendesk.com/home

#7 Reichmar

Reichmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 27 2013 - 05:37 AM

View Posthendman, on June 26 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

FIle a support ticket: https://playhawken.zendesk.com/home

Already done!

#8 The_Travesty

The_Travesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted June 28 2013 - 07:03 PM

I have been playing Hawken for about 3 months now approx. and I have never once been able to add a friend.  I send a request, the person never gets anything from me, so I tell them I sent a request and they reply to tell me that they didn't recieve it and they try to send me a request immediatly and I don't recieve it either.  It never bothered me until recently since more of my close friends are starting to join this game.  Is there a reason why my account has neve let me add a friend, even with all the patches, it was never fixed for me.  I never thought to ask for so long.  Now that I see this forum page, I will file a support ticket right away.  Just thought I should mention adding a friend for me has never worked in my entire Hawken experience.
"Chaos will always triumph over order! It is the way of things" - Hexadecimal
Posted Image

#9 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted June 28 2013 - 09:58 PM

Do you have any messages in your inbox_  (the little envelope icon on the screen next to the friends list icon)

Once theres a + next to a username, that user has to check his messages and accept the request.  Then they will be added.

Do you and your friend ever get any empty friend requests_ or any messages at all_

Also, do you have anybody on your friends list, to try invites to see if you get those messages__
# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#10 Reichmar

Reichmar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted June 29 2013 - 05:58 AM

To finalize my original issue, the support folks were able to reset some options on the backend for myself and my friends. That solved my issue.

I wish The_Travesty luck with this issue though... If you haven't already, I would submit a support ticket.

#11 The_Travesty

The_Travesty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted June 30 2013 - 10:35 AM

Thanks to the support team, my problem has been resolved!

But to answer your questions, Kernel Panic, BEFORE my friend box would never keep any name i tried to add, and i never got messages, no notifications of any kind, no icons or messages at all.  When i would try to add someone, but the "please wait screen" would disappear almost instantly.  It was like being cut off from the community, but I sent a support ticket and my problem was resolved very quickly.  I suppose if i had sent a support ticket months ago it would have been fixed already! lol

I will be sure to suggest a "Support Ticket" to any in-game player i talk to who may have a similar issue so they can get it resolved aswell!
Thanks Guys!
Have a nice day!
"Chaos will always triumph over order! It is the way of things" - Hexadecimal
Posted Image

#12 libertyofdoom

libertyofdoom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted May 10 2014 - 11:04 AM

hello ,i searched this on google and i didnt find a solution,only fitting thing almost is THIS and a pair of other

#13 wwwking

wwwking

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDhaka

Posted May 25 2014 - 05:36 PM

fuzzy bunny MINE TOO! CAN't ADD or recieve REQUESTS . fix it

#14 ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted May 26 2014 - 03:48 PM

Unfortunately there is no solution available for this problem. The devs are working on fixing that bug in the backend but it's not an easy feat.  You don't need to open a support ticket since this bug has to be fixed on their side, not on your side. All we can do is wait for them to solve the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users