HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dear devs:

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted July 03 2013 - 01:21 PM

No... If this update were merely bringing a new mech, we'd have heard something by now.  

What's coming is big.  We may be anticipating the biggest Hawken overhaul to date, and it's definitely something that the community has been asking for.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#42 Centipede

Centipede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationSan Marcos, Tx

Posted July 03 2013 - 02:50 PM

I find the use of skeletons at computer desks and other gifs of impatient waiting to be absolutely hysterical and accurate to how I feel. That is all.

#43 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostXacius, on July 03 2013 - 01:21 PM, said:

No... If this update were merely bringing a new mech, we'd have heard something by now.  

What's coming is big.  We may be anticipating the biggest Hawken overhaul to date, and it's definitely something that the community has been asking for.

If you don't know the content of the upcoming patch, how do you know it is something the community has been asking for_

#44 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 03 2013 - 04:34 PM

View Posthendman, on July 03 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

If you don't know the content of the upcoming patch, how do you know it is something the community has been asking for_

Shhh shhhh, Just BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE^1x10^100 x E=MC^2

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#45 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted July 03 2013 - 05:13 PM

Threads like this could be easily avoided if the dev team just maintained one simple thread (stickied in the news and announcements section):

Have one section that lists the items in the next patch.

Have one section which lists items that are under construction but not ready for the upcoming patch.

Have one section with planned items on which development has yet to start.

Have one section with possible items for the future.

Have one section with items that will never make it (like melee, lasers and mininukes) :)

No need for timelines or ETA's, and it won't be a lot of work to maintain either, because i doubt they come up with 10 feasible ideas every workday. It wouldnt have to contain a lot of details either on the different items, just a general idea of what a feature is about.

It would give people some sort of idea of what is coming, and would make the guessing game we are seeing currently obsolete.

Edited by hendman, July 03 2013 - 05:14 PM.

#46 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted July 03 2013 - 05:50 PM

If it's big, it might also finally be APEX Destruction in Hawken.  

This is what I would like to see, the Apex Physx tech demo map.

Edited by JonnyRedHed, July 03 2013 - 06:50 PM.

[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#47 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted July 03 2013 - 06:49 PM

View Posthendman, on July 03 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

Have one section with items that will never make it (like... mininukes) :)

Shhhh.... I was trying to see how far I could get Ropefish to go before crushing his hopes. ;)

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#48 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:11 PM

Dear devs, I believe.
Call me Nos.

#49 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 03 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostN0stalgia, on July 03 2013 - 07:11 PM, said:

Dear devs, I believe.

baylife

Posted Image

#50 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:49 PM

View Posthendman, on July 03 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

a [HWK] team member confirmed it.  I think it was Hughes.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#51 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 03 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostAraviec, on July 02 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

I've been playing hawken since first week of open beta time.. i've seen all the patches..updates and work that devs made over the game.. And now i'm confused cause game never appeared for me so lost in desert.. despite the fact of their interviews that hawken team working full speed and intence. I know that's hard to develope such kind of game but well I don't see much progress in it for the last time..(comparative that I saw before). I have no idea what exactly is happenning in their company but feel it is expecting worse times.. About the game: no bugs fixed that i'm experiencing for month..invisible walls, no damage registration even if you know for sure you got direct hit, shield bugs, even server browser bugs allowing players enter not their rate servs..the last weekend exp boost that they nicely provide to us is unclosed yet for so long ..ect. where our new mechs every month_... where party system.. clans__ I can count more and more things..May be i ask a lot.. but i deserved it being a part of their player community for so long and involving new people in! Or something big is coming to hawken that their working on.. or we are in a deep ..s righ now.. With all respect to devs/

Stop that right now.
No one reads posts without paragraphs and with excess ellipses.
Because I'm so pissed off I'm going to properly format your post for everyone else.

I've been playing Hawken since the first week of open beta time. I've seen all the patches, updates, and work that the devs made over the game, and now I'm confused because the game [has a slow update pace and dwindling population] despite the Hawken team stating their development is still going full speed.  I know it's hard to develop this kind of game (_) but I don't see much progress in it and worry about the developer and publisher.  

In regards to the game itself, I'm still seeing bugs that should have been fixed months ago. Invisible walls, netcode issues like poor hit detection, buggy shield, and the server browser not working as intended.  The most recent EXP boost weekend that they nicely provided for us is [still going_]. Where are the new mechs we were promised_ Party system and clans_ The list goes on.  

Maybe I'm asking a lot but I'm an avid player and community member that brought people to the game.  I wonder if something big is coming to Hawken, or if it's just dead. I love playing Brawler so do not nerf it.

Edited by Incapacity, July 03 2013 - 09:06 PM.

last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

#52 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted July 03 2013 - 09:24 PM

View PostIncapacity, on July 03 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

View PostAraviec, on July 02 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

I've been playing hawken since first week of open beta time.. i've seen all the patches..updates and work that devs made over the game.. And now i'm confused cause game never appeared for me so lost in desert.. despite the fact of their interviews that hawken team working full speed and intence. I know that's hard to develope such kind of game but well I don't see much progress in it for the last time..(comparative that I saw before). I have no idea what exactly is happenning in their company but feel it is expecting worse times.. About the game: no bugs fixed that i'm experiencing for month..invisible walls, no damage registration even if you know for sure you got direct hit, shield bugs, even server browser bugs allowing players enter not their rate servs..the last weekend exp boost that they nicely provide to us is unclosed yet for so long ..ect. where our new mechs every month_... where party system.. clans__ I can count more and more things..May be i ask a lot.. but i deserved it being a part of their player community for so long and involving new people in! Or something big is coming to hawken that their working on.. or we are in a deep ..s righ now.. With all respect to devs/

Stop that right now.
No one reads posts without paragraphs and with excess ellipses.
Because I'm so pissed off I'm going to properly format your post for everyone else.

I've been playing Hawken since the first week of open beta time. I've seen all the patches, updates, and work that the devs made over the game, and now I'm confused because the game [has a slow update pace and dwindling population] despite the Hawken team stating their development is still going full speed.  I know it's hard to develop this kind of game (_) but I don't see much progress in it and worry about the developer and publisher.  

In regards to the game itself, I'm still seeing bugs that should have been fixed months ago. Invisible walls, netcode issues like poor hit detection, buggy shield, and the server browser not working as intended.  The most recent EXP boost weekend that they nicely provided for us is [still going_]. Where are the new mechs we were promised_ Party system and clans_ The list goes on.  

Maybe I'm asking a lot but I'm an avid player and community member that brought people to the game.  I wonder if something big is coming to Hawken, or if it's just dead. I love playing Brawler so do not nerf it.

Indention.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#53 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 03 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hello Everyone

I do love reading all the speculation on what's coming up, I always have.  It's especially interesting considering the lack of information that we've shared so far about what's coming up next.  Yes... I admit it, a lack of information.  Everyone has been extremely patient and what might seem like silence_ It isn't intentional.  We're still here and development on the game is actually stronger and more focused than ever.  We get super busy sometimes during development and we aren't always able to jump on the forums as often as we'd like (I'm just getting home myself from a long day).

We had ZamboniChaos visit the studio a few months ago to see how he'd like becoming a member of the California team and let's put it this way... he's in the final stages of moving his life from Seattle, starting next week with us locally.  We're really excited to have him and you'll see a resurgence of communication as he works with us more directly on a daily basis.  During his move, I've asked him to revisit the rollout plan of how we communicate what's coming up and we will have more information for you next week.  His very first request is a producer letter which I agree would probably go a long way and I'll start working on a draft.  A general overview of what's coming will be discussed, that'll be coming soon!

There were some big changes we wanted to make for the game but it became a matter of timing.  Work on some of these changes started before we even released our Facility update in a separate development stream so as to not break our primary stream.  After Facility was released we started merging those changes which meant no going back in a variety of ways.  You'll understand why that is when you see more information but we've spent months of work on this update.  It's taking a little longer than we originally intended, sometimes that's how development goes but that's partially why we now have ZamboniChaos... so he can be even more efficient at speaking with all of you and keeping you updated.

Until we speak about specifics, just know that we are working on a mix of features and content.  The next update will not have a focus on a new mech or a new map as we've done in the past.  I can't wait until you see what's coming.  It's our biggest update yet, by a pretty significant margin and we'll need your help to make it as strong as possible.  I'll be on the forums on an even more regular basis as we now roll into communicating specifics.  We can't thank you enough for your interest and passion!

What do YOU think we've been working on_

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#54 Countrygal

Countrygal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationGermany - Boots City

Posted July 03 2013 - 10:45 PM

OMG. A statement of Hughes. Thought they were all dead.... *faints out to the ground*

Edited by Countrygal, July 03 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Please excuse grammatical errors, English is not my first language.  Thanks!

#55 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 10:40 PM, said:

Baking skills.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#56 NotKjell

NotKjell

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Your priorities

Posted Image

High-level Hawken discussion and play wednesdays at 7:00 PST http://www.twitch.tv/thecockpit

#57 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted July 03 2013 - 10:47 PM

Hello Everyone

-text-

Posted Image

Edited by Xtratega, July 03 2013 - 10:48 PM.

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#58 [HWK]HUGHES

[HWK]HUGHES

the Drinker of Coffee

• Adhesive Games
  • 804 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted July 03 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 03 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

Baking skills.

It's true. We're turning HAWKEN into a themed cupcake shop. I'm embarrassed it was that easy to guess. FIDDLESTICKS!

Jason Hughes
Producer || Adhesive Games || twitter: @digitalHUGHES

#59 NegativeD

NegativeD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted July 03 2013 - 11:00 PM

Id rather you guys spent your time and effort on the next patch to make it as best as it could be. Yes we are a little impatient but hey at least we now know that something big is coming right at us :D
Posted Image

#60 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted July 03 2013 - 11:03 PM

That annoying bug where I don't come in first place every match.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users