HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Do you think we need game servers deployed in South America at this point_

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think we need game servers deployed in South America_ (103 member(s) have cast votes)

¿Queréis servidores del juego desplegados en SudAmerica para mejorar la experiencia en Hawken de los jugadores latinos_.

1. Sí (Yes). (90 votes [87.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.38%

2. No ( Please, elaborate - Por favor, explícate ). (13 votes [12.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.62%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 03 2013 - 03:27 AM

When fighting Vs. Scouts with C (or B) classes the things get more complicated with a bad ping... specially when the Scout pilot is running his/her special ability.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#22 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on August 02 2013 - 06:39 PM, said:

View PostFakeName, on August 02 2013 - 02:31 AM, said:

atleast I don't need servers in South America ^^ But the Hawken servers need an Improvement at all.

Edit: I think it is not good just to ask for servers in a specific area. Servers are needed everywhere in Asia, Europe and America (and Africa) so only an investment for South America won't help the community alot.

The investment should be proportional to the number of end-users playing the game on certain regions.

Additionally, you'll have to agree with me on that these gamers must love Hawken very much when they play with >200 pings against other players who run the game with 40 or 80 pings.

True but first we need the information, where the most players play. I could create (or you if you want) a poll for that. It would interest me where the most people are palying WITH A BAD PING (so where a server is needed most)

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#23 Wondrz

Wondrz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:28 AM

If its close to the Phils (Which it is) then im totally in, can get up to lowest 196 on US west (Thats my regular oceania ping) so if i can get hopefully 170 - 150 on a good day and on a bad day 200 - 220 IM SO IN
Posted Image

#24 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 03 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostFakeName, on August 03 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

atleast I don't need servers in South America ^^ But the Hawken servers need an Improvement at all.

Edit: I think it is not good just to ask for servers in a specific area. Servers are needed everywhere in Asia, Europe and America (and Africa) so only an investment for South America won't help the community alot.

The investment should be proportional to the number of end-users playing the game on certain regions.

Additionally, you'll have to agree with me on that these gamers must love Hawken very much when they play with >200 pings against other players who run the game with 40 or 80 pings.

True but first we need the information, where the most players play. I could create (or you if you want) a poll for that. It would interest me where the most people are playing WITH A BAD PING (so where a server is needed most)

That's why I created this poll, to gather some of extra info on a big region so the marketing department compiles data and further executive decisitions are taken to deploy new game servers as reponse.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#25 reyelessar023

reyelessar023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted August 03 2013 - 04:20 PM

Here in Uruguay the ping is above 200 always (play in US east coast server). Thanks for consider a latin server, and thanks for this awesome game. Saludos gente!!!

"Curar algunas veces, aliviar a menudo, acompañar siempre"

Posted Image

#26 Argilo

Argilo

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationUruguay,Canelones,Pinamar

Posted August 04 2013 - 06:49 PM

im play with 200 between 350 of ping and play in the server from EEUU

#27 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 06 2013 - 01:24 AM

You all are awesome Hawken fans, indeed!

Keep having faith! ;)

Posted Image

#28 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted August 06 2013 - 04:30 AM

View PostThe_Silencer, on August 03 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

View PostFakeName, on August 03 2013 - 04:22 AM, said:

True but first we need the information, where the most players play. I could create (or you if you want) a poll for that. It would interest me where the most people are playing WITH A BAD PING (so where a server is needed most)

That's why I created this poll, to gather some of extra info on a big region so the marketing department compiles data and further executive decisitions are taken to deploy new game servers as reponse.

Actually you cheated abit :P

If you want to know where the most player need a Server you have to give every country for choice (or atleast a big location like central America, Europe, Asia etc.) Asking for South America servers will not help the people in Asia, in Europe, Nor America, Oceania etc.

But some social palyers will vote yes because more server is one server and one server is one more. However, more servers are always good so they just vote yes.

I voted no because there is no use for me in Europe (wich means I'm not against a South America Server :) )

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#29 CaZ8

CaZ8

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 06 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostFakeName, on August 06 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

I voted no because there is no use for me in Europe (wich means I'm not against a South America Server :) )

So... it is not helpful for you, but is for many other, you simply say no_ But you are not against_ M... a little confusing.

Whats it's the bad side of having a new server for a region who have the longest distance to the nearest server_

I guess (I've read some post, maybe i'm wrong) the two region who have the biggest problems with ping are South Africa and South America.

I hope in a near future both region, and many others why not_, can have a server and play the game (with a decen ping) and really enjoy it.

Regards.

#30 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 06 2013 - 01:12 PM

Exactly and I'm not the one who cheats in here; Fakename.. :P

The No vote was intended for those who are playing the game from L.A and are having zero or practically no ping issues.

Edited by The_Silencer, August 06 2013 - 01:12 PM.

Posted Image

#31 playerthc

playerthc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 06 2013 - 05:17 PM

Do you think we need game servers deployed in South America at this point_

Posted Image

#32 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted August 07 2013 - 03:46 AM

We need servers everywhere. In fact, I'm willing to put one in my garden shed if ADH is all for it. I like small ping.
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#33 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 04:14 AM

I'm neither for nor against a South America Server. And the question is "Do you think we need a South America Server_" I asked that myself "Do we need a South America Server here in Europe/Germany_" The answer is no, so I voted no. I wouldn't mind if a South America server would be there because it's on the other side of the world, you could also say I simply don't care.

But there was a question, there is an answer, and there is no discussion why I voted no. If you would expect everyone voting yes, you wouldn't give the opinion for a "no - vote" do you_

- FakeName

Posted Image

#34 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 07 2013 - 05:39 AM

Just as side note: Of course other regions may need some extra love from the devs and publishers of the game. But don't complain on that because I can talk about what I hear and see at first hand. Other individuals may open new thread with similar polls to check how the crowd is living their game's experience on their respective regions. Anyways, I'm in Europe so i'm just harvesting feedback from pilots playing on, at this very case, the L.A "region".

Thus don't look for so intrincated points of views and arguments when the whole thing is inherently so simple and plain.

Hope this helps.
-Sil

Posted Image

#35 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 08:34 AM

Every region should have it's own server. It ridiculous to have people with over 200 ping ruining the game for me on a daily basis.(Before I quit)

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#36 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 07 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sure, as soon as ADH/meteor can afford it (esp. if there aren't any AWS servers in the area).

#37 ChristForShort

ChristForShort

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSomewhere playing Hawken

Posted August 08 2013 - 10:38 AM

Having servers in other parts of the world would be great. The amount of ping that people get is really bad if you're not from the U.S. However, I don't mean to rain on the parade but I don't think MET/ADH can afford it right now. So that's probably why they aren't there yet.

#38 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted August 11 2013 - 02:44 PM

i say yes

#39 Cabede

Cabede

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCHILE

Posted August 12 2013 - 03:11 PM

up

#40 iTzWolfito

iTzWolfito

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted August 14 2013 - 12:22 PM

¿Porque nos esforzamos nosotros en que ellos nos entiendan_ Somos usuarios tambien y deberia haber gente en el staff capacitda par esto...y un foto explusivo...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users